Unique Sound

>Unique Sound
>Unique lyrics
>Different in each album but still keep to roots
>Pushing the boundies of hip hop music

Yeah. So they're not the greatest group of the decade because?...

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Vd1-P-R_f-0
youtube.com/watch?v=Wy1tklGoPLY
youtube.com/watch?v=MxFRO9pRlwE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

takyooon

Because it sounds like garbage.

>>Unique Sound
>>Unique lyrics
>>Pushing the boundies of hip hop music

nice b8

>t. Never listen to death grips

death grips isn't hip hop
stop being racist because ride is black

>t. Death Grips is the only thing I listen to

I don't like dg but I don't really know anything that sounds like them
but again I don't listen to a lot of modern music

Swans did better in this decade

BUT THEY SOUND LIKE CRAP AMIRITE THEY ARE MEME YOU SHOULDN'T GO WITH A POPULAR TREND, I DONT DO IT, FUCK THAT IM UNIQUE

i know this is bait but
youtube.com/watch?v=Vd1-P-R_f-0
that's obviously hip-hop

Being unique =/= being good.

the thing is they're not even unique

I wouldn't know, I just listened to a few songs and it sounded like deranged hip-hop.

saying something doesn't make it true

one release doesn't make them a "hip hop band"
Have you even listen to their recent stuff
its closer to closer to fucking punk/industrial than it is to hip hop.
Also you fucking newfag when they dropped exmilitary ONLY PUNK SHOWS WOULD BOOK THEM

This is what modern hip hop sounds liek youtube.com/watch?v=Wy1tklGoPLY
this is death grips youtube.com/watch?v=MxFRO9pRlwE
notice the difference
one acts like a punk band
the other DOESN'T

what is something that sounds like death grips

After The Money Store they pretty much became an industrial/punk band with the exception of Niggas on The Moon.

>D-death Grips aren't u-unique guys. There where artists that sounded exactly like they do years before them. Dalek, Blackie, the list goes on.

yes, but the fact that blackie and techno animal existed before them and had the same sound makes

any industrial hip hop or experimental hip hop artist

>confirming that their uniqueness is a meme

why are you doing that?

such as
I don't care about death grips but I think it's pretty stupid to call something unoriginal when you don't want to name who they sound like

Blackie didn't sound anything like DG, nor did Dalek. That they would sound alike is the true meme.

no love is still a hip-hop song tho.
see, where most people fuck up is by labeling jenny death and BP as "synth punk" when in reality they bear more of a resemblance to digital hardcore, a genre that has a lot of hip hop influence. honestly i don't see how anyone could argue that NLDW isn't a hip-hop album when it has songs like Lock Your Doors, and Bass Rattle Stars Out The Sky.
Government plates, on the other hand, is prolly their least hip hop release so far.

>literally deaf
what are you doing on the music board?

bro death grips is literally my favourite band lol, i aint tryna talk shit, just saying that they didn't do experimental hip hop first
check out Dalek tho they're the most popular comparison

exmilitary and NLDW are the only real rap albums, you can categorize them as punk-hip-hop-industrial-experimental like the rest of their stuff but those are the more traditional ones

>Blackie didn't sound anything like DG
>what is Spred Luv

>impying Beware is not a blunt dalek rip-off

i don't see how the existence of two obscure artists that sound somewhat similar to dg makes them not unique.
also, i've never really gotten the techno animal comparison. they sound about as close to dg as clipping.

>no love is still a hip-hop song tho.
no its not at all.
show me a hip hop song that sounds like no love
i'll wait

more specifically exmilitary is old school/underground/punk and NLDW is dark 21st century minimalist edgecore rap

i can't.
that's why i would say it's a unique permutation of hip hop. mostly because it still has many of the rough properties of hip-hop.
you could say it's closer to industrial or noise, but you still can't ignore the obvious hip hop elements.

i should also point out that i by no means have an encyclopedic knowledge of hip hop, so you're asking the wrong person for an example of a track similar to no love.

> but you still can't ignore the obvious hip hop elements.
im not denying that but again saying they're pushing the boundaries of hip hop when the hip hop community doesn't really acknowledge them says it all
Not forgetting Nine inch nails was gonna let tour with them. I don't see any hip hop acts trying to tour with death grips

i don't see how who decides to tour with a group determines what genre of music they play.
it's pretty obvious that chief keef probably wouldn't want to tour with a band as abrasive as death grips.

>i don't see how who decides to tour with a group determines what genre of music they play.
actually it does since genres are just a better way to market you for maximum profit.

hmmmmmm

i wouldn't tour with the band who cancel their shows either

>characterized by similarities in form,style, or subject matter
i can still use this definition and point death grips into the same category as punk/industrial

show me form,style or subject matter that death grips shares with any hip hop artist

>show me form,style or subject matter that death grips shares with any hip hop artist
well, they have an mc who raps over beats which often feature samples.
what other major elements of hip hop do they lack?

i guess grime is hip hop also with that definition

it basically is, yeah

>unique sound
>unique lyrics
>different in each album but still keep to roots
I'll legit kill myself if the next album sucks.