Lighthouses

Everything lighthouse-related.
I want to live in a lighthouse.
Do you still have people guarding your lighthouses ? In france the only two remaining retired in 2012.
Post lighthouses, discuss lighthouses.
Have you ever went inside a lighthouse ?

Pic rel is "La vieille" (the old woman)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clipperton_Island#Guano_mining.2C_Mexican_colony.2C_and_evacuation_of_1917
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ivan_Aivazovsky
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

we have people stealing nuclear waste (RITEGs) from old lighthouse and dying because of that

lighthouses*

how is your country still a superpower?

Lighthouses, eh

yeah I've read that you had nuclear lighthouses lmao

pic is ar-men (the rock) also known as "the hell of hells"

you have butifel mountains
mountains are nice too
If I can't live in a lighthouse i'll come to live in southern tyrol

I guess nobody like lighthouses
good night then
pic rel is from "song of the sea", wonderful movie

Idk, just seems like a lot of effort, i dont mind it if its on an island or a spit but when its just on a rock its dangerous and boring.

Honest to god I was just thinking about light houses.

I had a teacher in high school who's classroom had LIGHTHOUSES PICTURES EVERYWHERE.

What does it mean guys? Why would someone like lighthouses so much?

autism

we have a painter who was drawing only sea pictures. he's known basically for this.

That's a beautiful pic

Lighthouses are wonderful places and have been very much idealized in fiction with these idea of men enduring months at a time in the middle of the ocean, often suffering through storms and other hardships.

While such places may have existed at some time the reality is most lighthouses currently exist at or near inhabited areas, with a network of smaller lights and buoys necessary to ensure safe navigation.

Those which did work like that are awe inspiring places, but the real history of what happened there is pretty fucked up. Here's a historical one they may be familiar with in France.

"By 1917 all but one of the male inhabitants had died. Many had perished from scurvy, while others (including Captain Arnaud) died during an attempt to sail after a passing ship to fetch help. Lighthouse keeper Victoriano Álvarez was the last man on the island, together with 15 women and children.[18] Álvarez proclaimed himself "king" and began an orgy of rape and murder, before being killed by Tirza Rendon, who was the recipient of his unwanted attention.[17]"

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clipperton_Island#Guano_mining.2C_Mexican_colony.2C_and_evacuation_of_1917

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ivan_Aivazovsky

And finally an actual lighthouse

>Orgy of rape and murder with children and women.

la passion Clipperton, funny I was talking about that island with a mate the other day
beatiful pictures, thank you, the last one looks more like a castle, it's marvellous

Not a problem man, glad you liked it

thank you

I like lighthouses
Because when you are in a lighthouse, you cannot delude yourself thinking that you are with people you enjoy being with, because you cannot, you are alone in the whole world

I want live in light house and play the harmonica, piano or jazz instruments in my free time. Or read books.

comfy
I'd probably only smoke cigarettes and watch the sea all day
I don't even like sea it scares me
what would you read in a lighthouse ?

if this thread is still up when I get up i'll post more pictures, i'm on mobile sorry for that

Books written in English, which are about history or mathematics.

I'm also scare of sea when I swim in it. But sea also makes me excited or calm.

There is often more than one person, at least when they were occupied. 3 normally.

This is Bengtskär lighthouse in finland, I like how it looks like a church