Music while on LSD

I'm taking 150ug of LSD on Friday on my own (first time by myself). One of my favourite things about taking it in the past has been music but have been limited because I've always done it with friends. What are some artists/albums/songs I should listen that sound great while tripping?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=LuEyDGugQvk
youtube.com/watch?v=4MkvXqsR9ro
youtube.com/watch?v=IUVmcKcTZ4A
youtube.com/watch?v=QH8rbzXTWZI
youtube.com/watch?v=DDoQ2wGT6-k
youtube.com/watch?v=EQU4YnfzSHo
twitter.com/AnonBabble

don't do acid

listen to stuff you already like.
its not ideal to listen to foreign sounds on your first trip

>(first time by myself)

also a bad idea

I've taking it before a few times but this will be my first solo trip

you should try listening to very complex electronic music, i remember i was very surprised when i did that, it felt like i could hear every single detail, almost as if i could concentrate on everything at once. when i listened to it the day after it was just noise.

Listen to shoegaze or ambient music

Posford is your man

Don't be a pussy. Listen to Merzbow's full discography. Otherwise you will never know what a true trip feels like.

This
Even if it's not your first time listening to music you already know is great. You get a new perspective on it and notice things you didn't give any attention to before. Also

D U D E
U
D
E

ITT: Degenerate general

Don't make a playlist ; the music will come to you

Bonobo blew me away on acid

yeah right

i'm old now but when I went through my psychedelics phase, I got into pink floyd. specifically bought Animals and cracked that shit through headphones in the dark tripping on acid for the first time

that was pretty much the best rock music experience I will ever have

gtfo nerd

flaming lips transmissions or clouds taste metallic

apples in stereo - velocity of sound

obv beatles and pink floyd

everything is good, i remember hearing the fucking Ying Yang Twins on the radio while tripping and that blew my mind

have fun

youtube.com/watch?v=LuEyDGugQvk

I listened to Tim Hecker - Virgins while tripping alone and was just drawing. It was great!

Also, Animal Collective and Darkside would be good.

Just experiment with what you like first then listen to anything. The music doesn't change only the perspective.

Also be careful man doing acid alone can get intense.

Listen to classical music. Seriously. I'd kill to be able to drop acid right now with my buddies and listen to one of his piano sonatas or some shit. It's otherworldly. It's fucking out there.

This on the come up was intense and amazing.

Is it safe to do LSD by yourself the first time, or do you have to be with someone else?
From what I read chilling alone at the park listening to comfy ambient would be better than drooling on a couch while your friend plays Xbox

youtube.com/watch?v=4MkvXqsR9ro

Depends on your mental fortitude, your maturity, your age, your mood going into it. If it's your first time and you're apprehensive probably just tell your dad or something. If you ever find yourself having retarded thoughts you've just gotta remind yourself you're on drugs and refocus.

Also I recommend led zeppelin - when the levee breaks

If you're gonna do acid and listen to academic music you should go for something highly chromatic and with timbric variety, imho-

ALWAYS have an experienced trip sitter when doing any kind of psychedelic drug for the frist time.

dropping acid alone is ok if it's a small dose. if you're dropping a serious amount you should just drop it with a buddy.

then you can just roll around blasting music and yelling DUDE every so often.

also if at any point either of you get apprehensive just try to picture the situation (ie rolling on the floor of your friend's apartment) from a sober viewpoint and remember how silly and fun it is as an activity.

stay positive, stay joyful, have a laugh.

Listen to stuff you've never tried before, or stuff that didn't "click" previously. Hearing your favorite album under the influence is great and all, but discovering new music on acid is a fantastic experience.

this is kinda true, listening to an album for the first time on any psych is an interesting experience

>tfw me and my two friends didn't
>tfw it was da bomb

I find hip-hop is good to trip to because you can really hear the auditory hallucinations. I reckon Pinata by Gibbs and Madlib would be a good listen. I was gonna say the new Danny Brown but that might put you in a weird place. Maybe J Dilla and Jay Electronica too.

cos of the voice modulation effects you can get

Go to a black metal thread and listen to anything about the devil. Guaranteed good trip.

enigma - mcmxc a.d.
loren connors - airs
manuel gottsching - e2e4

always wanted to try something by the caretaker on acid

Why the fuck has no one mentioned Shpongle yet?

cause no one here attends Burning Man

My first time I took it with a friend and that's exactly how the trip went. I took 250 and my friend just sat there playing xbox while I watched, it was shit.

I've been doing acid a lot recently. 4 times this month, definitely don't do that but I feel like I could weigh in on this, don't listen to things you've heard already. While they're nice, you're not going to experience it for the first time ever again and that feels like a waste of time to me. I recommend you look up ash ra temple and anything gottsching did, e2e4 is a great album. Someone said merzbow further up in the thread but I think he was joking, I am not. Throw on merzbuddha, it's got rhythm and it's not the harshest noise but it's still got that texture you get from noise. Try free jazz, it'll blow your fucking mind if you've never heard it before. Most importantly, have fun, lsd is a great drug and you should feel honored to be using it.

Last trip I ended up watching a bunch of Tori Amos concerts

I became obsessed with her, but on the next day it didn't sound that great

She's still sexy af

Wh-what?

Oh, you sure showed us now.

nothing lasts is their best album

Lawl, it's the one I like least desu.

hijacking thread, can I do lsd if I get panic attacks with weed?

confirmed pleb here

I recommend the band "Infected Mushroom", particularly "Where Do I Belong" and their new Album "Converting Vegetarians II". If you want something uplifting try "La La La" from the band "Hoops". Dis shit is gud

no, bad idea

this this this this, applies with any drug. Just listen to what feels right don't try and be "Oh lma odude so trippy lets listen to this trippy shit bvro ahah"

How long do they last? Id say go for it but use it with someone sober who is experienced with psychedelics. I got one on my first trip, it was a 250 microgram trip, and realized that what caused it was the set and setting.

Lol no. You'll just worry about getting a panic attack, which will automatically result in a panic attack and/or bad trip.

Even if you would've been fine otherwise, the uncertainty will turn into fear.

Beethoven's symphonies desu

Only do it alone, don't let others influence or ruin your trip

If you're alone its easier to experience spooky /x/ tier LMAO and demon stuff. Needs a high dose though, enough to make you think you're going to die. Blast Mutant by Arca and you'll be along for a wild ride.
>Expecting experienced psychedelic users to give advice on how to have a comfy trip

Obligatory
MK Ultra is real and the government knows you're doing acid

You now HAVE TO think about Kim Jeong Un during your trip.

Aphex Twin or Autechre

This

This is very true, you've already told the internet that you're doing it and we are trying to influence you and make your trip weird.

>Make plans on your own in the future
>Avoid the internet while tripping
>Plan to do something creative
>Listening to music meant for acid on Acid is lame and predictable

Listen to kanye he's locked up and probably being drugged too.

Reminder after enough acid + music experience that mindset with regard to music is accessible sober.

DNA and Reptilian aliens
Jews and Samsara
Trump is president

Delet this thread

it entirely depends on who you are with, you'll want someone who's very similar to you, and if they aren't tripping they need to learn how to tripsit effectively - if they're just going to get bored of you after 4 hours or keep doing annoying/challenging things shit can turn south very fast

if you want to trip alone just make sure you're proficient at meditation and mindfulness to avoid a bad experience. you should probably turn off internet and phone too

Planning music to listen to has never lived up to expectations in my experience. Just shuffle what you like or pick something you're vaguely familiar with that you might be interested in getting more into.

incredibly stupid idea
if you can't handle how a joint makes you feels for 1-2 hours, keep in mind that LSD will be much more intense and for at least 8 hours
address what is causing you panic attacks when you smoke then you can maybe try max 100ug

youtube.com/watch?v=IUVmcKcTZ4A

This is a pretty good time.

I guess you hit the nail there

might b overwhelming or enchanting idk

Please stop posting this

what exactly happens on a bad lsd trip?

Negative train of thought which keeps getting worse and worse. The slightest bad thought can set it off and it's very hard to turn that downward spiral up before it's too late. You no longer realize you're just tripping and everything seems so confusing and intimidating and you're just worried that you're never going to return to normal ever again.

There's no "real" physical danger but it is a very unpleasant experience which can set off psychosis if you're genetically vulnerable to that.

Thought loops that feel like they will never end, crazy paranoia, feeling like you are the only "real" one. I cried like three or four hours because I dropped after the end of my first "real" relationship. Terrible idea btw, I was young and stupid. Maybe try LSA first to get a feel for such an altered state of mind. If you overthink it and worry about a bad trip the entire time, you will probably have a negative experience. Bad trips heal and are sometimes what you need anyways. You'll be fine.

nobody can tell you for sure, they tend to play on your fears and anxieties being forced into your headspace and being unable to seperate from them
psychosis is likely to set in at the peak of a bad trip - you can become utterly disconnected with reality and the way it works (think "stripping naked and trying to kill yourself" level crazy), which is why people stress the importance of a trip-sitter or otherwise ample precautions

Losing grip with reality while questioning every aspect of self is a bad trip summed up.

As for albums, these few blew my mind.

MBV-Loveless
Talking Heads-Remain in Light
Tim Buckley-Goodbye and Hello
Talk Talk-Laughing Stock
St Vincent-Sweet Mercy
Tame Impala-Innerspeaker

Anything experimental is likely to sound special.

youtube.com/watch?v=QH8rbzXTWZI

do dark side of the moon... A classic for acid

gave it a listen
idk yet

Lonerism sent me soaring while I was tripping once. Shrooms makes music better though in my opinion

Listen to your favourite album

You might find a new appreciation for it after listening with an altered consciousness, and listening to something youre familiar with that you enjoy at the start of your trip should put you in a good place

Try some Glass Animals. They have some really cool jungle sounding music.

>download Zaba album
>get a little palm tree plant thing for your desk
>Arizona iced tea
>start tripping

Have fun user

Denzel Curry was crazy when I was tripping for the first time. Same with Sremm Life 2

this song too
youtube.com/watch?v=DDoQ2wGT6-k

idk i guess any rap music felt so good in the whip

I'm interested in psychadelics. Anyone know if this kinda shit is bad for your health? I know smoking weed is harmful on some levels, is it the same with LSD?

Daisy Chainsaw - Eleventeen

All four records by The Books

this one is great for frying

LSD is relatively harmless as far as I understand. One hit won't fuck you up as long as you know it's legit and not some bullshit research chemicals. Shrooms are the safer bet although I have never done them

LSD is safe as fuck

2CB is cooler for experiencing the earcandy without the massive deep mindfuck that acid deliveres.

Guess its called something between MDMA (but less serotegenic) and LSD (but with less mindfux)
kind of accurate, same dude who invented Molly invented 2-CB

serius candi:
youtube.com/watch?v=EQU4YnfzSHo

Are mushrooms similar to LSD? What about a low dose of mushrooms by yourself as a first experience with a psycho active drug?

a popular way of describing shrooms and acid is the comparison of "analog" to "digital" - while the experiences are almost identical in terms of described effects, the experiences have a different feel

mushys tend to be better for newcomers since they don't last as long and you know what you're getting

if you want a mild experience, take 1-1.5g of dry shrooms, turn the lights off and have fun

Yes
and its a shorter experience timewise, from balling out to comfy sleeping in less than an hour.
LSD well... its a long story from peaking to sleeping at higher doses.

are there any legal acid-like substances that are easy to get a hold off if you live in europe

psychedelics are arguably less detrimental to your health than weed. i can't think of any negative physical side effects at all. shrooms can make you temporarily nauseous sometimes and obviously ayahuasca will make you barf, and mdma is partly an amphetamine which is very bad for you after multiple uses, but lsd has literally no bad side effects if you're smart and taking reasonable dosages and aren't prone to freaking out.

I've had a psychotic break on LSD before. It felt like some cosmic entity told me my death was imminent and I seriously considered killing myself just to "get it over with," but the whole time I was completely terrified.

I'm sticking with MDMA nowadays.

1P-LSD

no long-term data but as far as we know it is literally acid but not legally a controlled substance

thanks

Not that legal but as long as you do are a little dex there are shrooms to be picked... well almost a year from now.

Would not recommend any non-traditional drug.

here's what I recommend doing on acid:
-have some sort of access to something that produces color, be it markers or paint or crayons, and paper
-don't listen to liturgy
-you can play the same note on bass over and over and you'll be overwhelmed by its beauty and significance. music sounds ten times better if you're making it, even if it's just nonsense
-additionally, if you have effects pedals or anything like that, playing with em can be a pretty religious experience desu
-staring in the mirror is the funnest, most significant thing ever. but most people tend to hate doing that or they get freaked out. so only do that if your perception of reality isn't rooted exclusively in imagery

My best trip was my first time, 4 tabs somewhere above 500 mics
I was completely alone and just had music. Shit was great. High intensity electronic music is great, my bloody valentine is great, jimi hendrix is great, grateful dead is amazing especially aoxomoxoa, and stuff like workingmans or their s/t is great for the comedown when you just wanna chill out