Someones ever tried lucid dreaming? any reccomendations? i want to try tonight

Someones ever tried lucid dreaming? any reccomendations? i want to try tonight

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0IFrQTtEDO0
world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/how-do-i-avoid-sleep-paralysis.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

bump

I tried once, it wasnt that easy

Tried and failed. I've gotten close though, I tend to wake up once I realize I'm dreaming. It probably won't work your first attempt. Try and find patterns in your dreams, or places where you almost figured it out.

ive also heard that if you fail you enter into sleep paralysis

i read that i should make a dream diary

yes that would help

Lucid dreaming comes to me when I don't focus on achieving it.

The harder you try at it, the less of a chance you'll actually ever get it.

Just leave it to fate to decide.

Sometimes when I'm in a crazy dream, I'm able to speak to my rational mind and say "There's no way this is logically possible."

One thing that always awakens my conscious mind in these scenarios is, during your dream, plugging your nose and attempting to breathe through it. In physical reality, this is impossible - but in dreams, you're able to breathe through your plugged nose.

If your excitement doesn't wake you up, you have free realm to do whatever it is you want until you naturally wake up.

Nice little tip from a occasional lucid dreamer.

It will take a while to get the hang of it to where you can do it frequently. Having a dream journal isn't really required but it helps because dreams can be easily forgotten.
If you just plan on sleeping and hope you notice its a dream while sleeping then a dream journal is helpful to know what dream signs to look for.
If you plan on going to bed thinking that you'll go into a lucid dream, you may get caught in sleep paralysis. It's normal but you should stay calm if you don't want to completely wake yourself up or see spookies in the dark.

Best to choose one method and stick with it. It takes a while to be able to do it regularly but when you finally get it, it's the best feeling.

Alright I've been at this shit every night for almost 2 years and can say that I have only had two sleep paralysis experiences, both occurring when I wasn't even trying, and have sadly never had a lucid dream

Will never forget the first time it happened to me.

>be me
>in a old house i used to live in few years back
>3 years ago when i lived with my parents
>friends knock on my window
>open.exe
>they have a bong and some weed
>mom knocks on door
>turn around to tell my friends to go away
>they're not there, and the bong/weed is gone
>no traces of them even being there
>wonder if I'm tripping on some hallucinogenic drug
>plug nose
>breathe in through nose
>works.exe
>realize i'm in a dream
>instantly float and fly around and shit

That moment when you realize you know you're in a dream and can literally do anything you've ever wanted.

It's almost overwhelming because you know you have limited time and that these opportunities only come once in a while, so you want to do EVERYTHING.

Fuck your dream girl, fly to different locations, live out a video game in real life, etc.

i've tried this over ~month, i had a small dream journal, i kept repeating to myself that i would lucid dream, tried different sleeping positions, etc. etc.

i only accomplished it once in that month. there's not that many tips that are effective since it's basically a 50/50 chance to actually lucid dream. the one tip i would give is to not lose traction and continue on even when it seems like it's worthless.

..oh, and some websites say to not try to fuck someone in your lucid dream but that's a load of fucking bullshit. just keep your chill and you'll do fine.

I really tried for a while
I only succeeded in becoming lucid in a dream once, and it immediately resulted in the world crumbling and imploding around me. It was pretty fucking scary actually

Try two things.

1. (If you smoke weed) Stop it. Weed alters your dream recollection.
2. Melatonin. It's a sleep aid thats active in even 1mg, although tablets usually contain 5-10mg each. It's not toxic at all, you can take way more - but it's kind of pointless. More you take won't make your dreams any more intense, just will make you super groggy in the morning.

It is more possible if you have near to death experiences.
Still cannot explain just pray to the Holy Trinity that youre accompained by God, or else you can have a real bad time or an awesome great time.

Actually it's true that you shouldn't have sex in your lucid dream, at least for many people.

I have awoken from many lucid dreams because of me getting ready to fuck a girl, the excitement just builds up and boots me out of my dream state.

I did research on this subject after the experience, and realized I'm not the only one.

I wouldn't risk wasting something as amazing as a full lucid dream on seeing if you can have sex.

damn. i only thought it was bullshit cause this bitch decided to stomp around the hallway outside my door.

of course, other sources are saying to have more experience before trying it so :/

Trust me though, flying is possibly the best feeling ever. Better than sex. You will feel the most free you have ever been in your entire life.

There's no limitations to your scenery, you can do absolutely anything. I'd pick that over sex with a girl in a dream.

Eerily enough I just quit the ganja today, after realizing that I had become too dependent (about $10/day). Looking forward to actually fucking dreaming again. And I have tried melatonin, but chances are smoked a few bowls as well and just passed out

Using this method will just put you into sleep paralysis, which you do not want at all.
I know nobody here really likes reddit, but theres a lucid dreaming subreddit with a bunch of really good guides.

This is the easiest way bros, if you go to sleep at say 11 pm put an alarm for 2 am, go to sleep normally and when your alarm wakes you up you're so tired you'll fall back asleep almost instantly, so lie back down and day dream about what you want to dream about (imagine yourself flying) and if you're conscious enough while falling back asleep you'll lucid dream screenshot this bros I ain't bsing

i'd rather shove my fake dick in someone than have my fear of heights take over that 'best feeling ever', honestly

Your dreams really start becoming more vivid after 2 weeks of quitting weed, then you can consistently remember each one once the THC has left your sys completely after a month or so.

damn, im high right now, that will be hard

Ive done once by a fluke. But u better believe i turned super saiyan and licked the fuck outta some cute Japanese school girl's soles. It was probably the most happiest point of my life

I have found this to be the case also in my limited experience with tolerance breaks

Wow, such an intellectual, such an enlightened, elevated mind.

Whoops

How to induce lucid dreaming with herbs
>1500mg Kava
>250mg Valerian
>3mg melatonin
You'll have the wildest dreams, I've even submitted a report about a dream I had on these doses

yup, log your dreams as soon as you get up in the morning. It'll help you recognize patterns in your dreams that you can use to become aware that youre in a dream.

Ive gotten into the habit of checking to make sure that i have all 10 of my fingers every time i leave a room. When im dreaming ill do this test subconsciously and if something is out of the ordinary ( like missing or added fingers) ill notice it and realize that im dreaming

so its impossible to lucid dream just because there is still thc in your body even after you quit?

Your sarcasm is too condescending for an individual who hasn't even at least achieved dubs.

No, it's possible. It's just harder, and for people who struggle with lucid dreaming - it's best to take all the steps you can take to make it an easier process.

Have you ever noticed you were in a dream, and you're in an ideal scenario that you enjoy so much that you make your mind manifest the feelings that that scenario is reality. You literally experience and percieve that scenario as if it was real. Idk just me?

I've tried so many times, but when I get to the stage where it feels like your're being lifted out of your body I always fail. I feel like I'm suffocating, I start to slowly panic and finally open my eyes. Sucks, I want to go past that point but I feel like I'm going to die every time.

If you aren't a fat duck and are active and moderately healthy you can have the thc out in 3-5 days easy

Literally my scenario. I have one or two naturally every few months or so.
I started dream logging for a while and it helped me remember dreams better but i stopped doing it before it became super beneficial.

Step 1: lay on your arm
Step 2: close your eyes don't move and don't go to sleep
Step 3: after a while you'll start to feel a tingling in your arm then it will spread don't focus to much on it
Step 4: you should be lucid dreaming in no time

ok ill try that one

10$ a day? So you think smoking half a gram a day is dependent?
Are we in our freshman year again?

How 2 Kermit sudoku

ahh gotcha!
i always wanted to lucid dream, just fly around and see the world from above

Except it metabolizes in your fat.

And I know you're using working out as an excuse, but you can't burn out all your fat cells that contain metabolized THC in a matter of a few days.

Maybe a little less than a month, but definitely not 3-5 days.

WAIT NO THATS HOW TO INDUCE SLEEP PARALYSES I ALWAYS GET IT AFTER LUCID DREAMING SO I SOMETIMES MIX THE TWO UP

I had a flying experience i'll never forget. The landscape resembled that of a city I grew up in, but it looked like poorly meshed/textured PS2-esque graphic-like.

Strangely enough I just went with it, vibed with it. Felt like I was in a video game. I didn't even want to change it into something more realistic.

This works, for me I wake up at like 4 am before the sun comes up for some reason and put on a we mask from an airplane and if I hit s really deep sleep I'll lucid dream like crazy- like I'm in a movie had some v weird ones. Very trippy

If you have a very low body fat like me you can easily. I've passed a drug test after not smoking for only 3 days by just working out and drinking tons of water, and eating heavy fat burning foods on only first day. It's possible it just takes hard work

>and put on a we mask from an airplane
Can you explain this more?

My own experience is lucid draming is somewhat overrated and not necessarily correlated to two other factors which make for pleasant dreaming. 1. Intensity of sensory input, this is where dreams get really intense, like feeling a tit on your fingers or a kiss, most often this is general feeling, like feeling yourself blush or detailed background noises, for myself lucid dreams tend not to be as vivid or deeply emotional, sometimes they can get bad, like feeling you're moving too slow or wanting to make something happen as you feel you're about to awaken, it isn't just snapping your fingers to make it to the "scene" you want to get to even if you can fast forward. Dream logic gets in the way... 2. The ability to remember the dream, this is one of the key parts , to me it happens that when dreams feel important, I'm already as I'm dreaming trying to memorize the key parts, this itself modifies the dream and doesn't always end up well, you may be stuck trying to sort things out as you awaken, although general mood, some imagery and in particular the "feeling" of specific persons, places tends to remain. Now, I mentioned dream logic, for me there tend to be sequences so to speak, as well as specific settings where things tend to occur, I've managed to dientify a handful of each.

What works for me is sort of light, troubled sleep, you need to work on both the ability to sort of move towards waking as well as on trying to sleep deeper and you need to work on making this almost reflex, you can forget you're having a lucid dream and you sort of want to once you have it on track to increase intensity of the experience, however in order to remember you don't want to stray too far from waking. If I could put it in such terms you want to wake up just as the REM phase of your sleep is closing or justy finished. It sometimes means being able to form coherent thoughts when you still can't quite move due to loss of muscle tonicity. cont

That's on average m8 and $10 gets you a gram around these parts, also I'm only 18 and get 12 hrs a week at my job. It's not that I can't afford it, it just is no longer worth it to me in addition to the other negative effects that I have noticed

Just one of those throw away eye masks that block light, morning light wakes me sometimes. Keep thing pitch dark helps.

Also besides melatonin I take a magnesium supplement which is a mineral (found in green vegetables) that if you drink or workout you might be difficient in (I do both) it will help you sleep deeply

Oh thanks

>eyes should be close
>close your eyes now

what?

Is it really that good? Cause its sounds awesome

Has anyone ever felt like this or should I just say fuck it and go beyond the point?

Inner dialogue, that "voice in your head" can be helpful if you manage to keep it running into incoherence while you fall asleep, usually this would be when you're way past the time you should have fallen asleep but keep your brain running, sometimes it for some reason continues as you dream and can help you recover your dreams. Going back as to why knowing that you're dreaming isn't always good or helpful is you sort of want to blur that line in between the waking world and the dream, this is where the most interesting stuff tends to happen in terms of interactivity as what you want is the will to change things in the dreamworld or to explore it, that is to explore your own mind, while being close enough to the surface to remember, for me the awareness that it is a dream tends to bring me out into waking so to speak. Personally while I love tripping I would recommend no drugs as they tend to make for deeper sleep (even stuff like cocaine will lead to deeper slep after the effect has worn off. The exceptions would be weed, although in m case I lost the ability for psychodelic effects within a couple of years of smoking, and opium, which is more like dreaming while awake and very dependant on surroundings/company. Drugs that may help you sleep longer than you should may work if you're going 10+ hours or going over noon when you're used to a normie sleeping schedule. Stil, you really don't need the drugs, just irregular sleep patterns. Alcohol gives me a wonderful sleep and the feeling of having rested but tends to wipe out any memory of dreaming. I understand all of us work different but I hope my little rant will help even if it's just making you think how/why you disagree with me.

thats the problem, i always keep speaking with the inner dialogue and creating stories before sleeping, that makes it harder

whoa wtf i cant believe you made a thread on the same day i had a lucid dream this is crazy as fuck. i would never image seeing this topic on Sup Forums

thats cool, ive been thinking in it lately

That happens to me sometimes, it's usually when I'm thinking tho, if it makes sense is kinda like just talking nonsense when you're drunk, you continue on the pattern of speech but the thought behind is almost gone. You do shut up in your dream, except at some point the tape just starts rolling, like just words. As you start to make sense is when you come closer to waking. You want to keep the "feel" of the dialogue but not actually focus on it as the sensorial part of the dream is, to me at least, what matters. It isn't always pleasant, although generally you don't make nightmares worse you sometimes wake up with very vivid sensations. The experience can be worth it in itself, although if it's a really bad dream it's happened to me a few times it turns me to shit for half of the day. My bad dreams are usually about the past and those women I knew well but let go. Sometimes nightmares can mix with very pleasant dreams, while the experience is confusing it can lead to some good insights.

yes thats how i feel about it bro, ill try later and keep a dream diary

How is sleep paralysis bad? You have somewhat control of that like dreams as well from what I have experienced, but if you allow fear of any sort enter your mind your in for a ride. whenever I get into a "tight situation", I always remember to wiggle my toes, works everytime for getting me out of SP

Anyone got some tips on how to avoid falling asleep for that half hour?

i heard if you sync the word "pharaoh " with your breathing it helps

My dreams are never like what other people say their dreams are. Mine are just random scenes or images I'm watching from a 3rd person perspective. I'm never actually "in" my dreams.

I also very rarely remember my dreams.

ive had dreams like that, once i lived a pokemon battle in 3rd person, best dream ever (i wrote them all after i woke up always)

Like "fair" on the inhale, "oh" on the exhale or what?

yes , something like that, ill look for it, i read it online, there are also "songs" for lucid dreaming, look at youtube

I try this almost every night and I've had some truly incredible experiences. pic is partially correct. Sleep paralysis and lucid dreaming are two different things. At any time, you can move your body and end the dream. It basically feels like your brain and your subconscious are two different things. Your brain is constantly testing your body to see if you are asleep. If you move a single muscle, even a twitch in your eye, your brain will know and the dream will evaporate. It takes me about a half hour before I begin seeing things. The images are sort of behind an opaque wall and once it gets to a certain point, I do something that usually ends it for me, I open my eyes. But; if I'm lucky, I open my eyes and the opaque wall becomes crystal clear. When this happens, I don't think my actual eyes are open. Its almost as if I open my eyes in my dream and everything becomes extraordinarily clear. Crystal clear, in fact. I usually end up at some random place I have been before. I've had conversations with people that don't make much sense, but its still interesting. The best part is you can basically do whatever you imagine. Think it and it happens. I've flown through the sky, fucked some pretty hot chicks (that's how I know I am dreaming), killed people in interesting ways. There really is nothing like it. The one that affected me the most was a conversation with a girl who I only knew was my sister right before I woke up. My sister was killed in 2003 in a car accident. She was only 3 at the time; probably 20 in the dream. Right when I realized she was my sister I sat up violently. The dream lingered in my vision for several seconds as it evaporated into the background. I cried for quite a while after that experience.

Some of my experiences have felt more real than real life.

deep stuff told, rhanks mate, im really trying now

Sweet thanks

PROTIP: Lie on your back, face facing straight up.

lie as flat as possible. you'll start out with a bit of sleep paralysis - followed by a deep sleep w/ lucid dreaming.

if you have experience with sleep paralysis, it'll be better, obviously. people who deal with that shit for the first time in their life will be fucking scared out of their mind.

i still remember when i first had mine. i tried to sleep on my back and it was nothing but me on my bed like a fucking vegetable while i hear whispering from my left ear.

Trying now, thanks for the advice, all

here, I'm not sure how much this will help

THANKS

Ten dollars a gram near Toronto where I live where you at?

Fucking kek

thanks guys

I've been lucid dreaming for years , I cannot do it without listening to music so I generally go to sleep with my ipod on

what type of music?

whats your method

Normally something mellow .the dreams always seem to follow the tempo .
If listening to rock they can get quite violent.

Fine line between Lucid Dreaming and Sleep Paralysis.

Be careful. This is very dangerous.

looks scary though

It is. You don't know terror till you have an episode of sleep paralysis.

watch this...

youtube.com/watch?v=0IFrQTtEDO0

I'm scared to fall asleep now
rip

i want to smoke a joint but to lucid dream, should i?

this shit sounds amazing I seriously want to try this

Going to try this now. Good night anons, thanks for the advice

Why do I watch those videos? WHat was I thinking? I guess I might as well clean up my room because I am not going to sleep now.

How common is sleep paralysis after or before a lucid dream?

Whenever I try and fail I get stuck in a consistent loop of "waking up" over and over in dreams. It's like a thought loop. fookin weird mate

haha thanks for that, i was thinking between waching them or now

Can't you avoid sleep paralysis by simply covering your eyes with something like a shirt wrapped around your head? Or do I have the wrong idea of sleep paralysis.

it is more common to have sleep paralysis then a lucid dream.

Nope. This goes into more detail.

world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/how-do-i-avoid-sleep-paralysis.html

Any more details on that sleep paralysis?

I tried to master it. Kept asking myself IRL if I was dreaming, wrote a dream journal, but overrall it had no effect.
I only had one once. I was at a train station and managed to recognise I was dreaming. Everything went white and I just kinda stood there. Realised what was going on, tried to picture Scarlett Johansson, then I woke up.