Not bad?

Not bad?

It's bad.

You should listen to better music.

Not at all bad. A gazillion times better than Hail to the King anyway, that's for sure.

Like what?

Yeh I was scared cuz Hail to the King was such shit

>Like what?

Nearly anything would be better than this garbage. Fucking shit's for middleschoolers.and wannabe edgy fratbros.

Have you even listened to it?

Not released anything semi-decent since City of Evil
End of thread

>band is for people
pure ideology
>that makes them bad
non sequitur

A little. I'm not going to sit through an entire album that I clearly dislike. The two demographics I mentioned are the only people IRL I've ever seen legitimately praising this band though.

Well Hell ya. HTTK is the only A7X studio album I don't like
You definitely haven't even heard it. Quit embarrassing yourself and either go give it a shot or leave the thread. It's actually pretty great album
Favorite tracks? Angels, Sunny Disposition, and the title track are mine currently, but it's bounced around a lot
Their first 3 are far and away their best, this is for sure. What'd you think about Nightmare? I thought it was very cathartic
The people that listen to it have literally nothing to do with the quality of the music. There are plenty of 11 year olds that bump Fleetwood Mac and Hendrix(not that I'm comparing them to A7X)

And you should listen to the whole album before critiquing it. That's extremely shortsighted, especially since the second half is a lot different than the first for a lot of it

be the first to break the typecasting!

I liked Nightmare. Couple different but cool songs. Also made better because the Rev died, as fucked up as that sounds.

Top 2 are Waking the Fallen and City of Evil.

Recently got back into the White album. Some bangers on there for sure

>enters thread to insult album
>hasn't listened to it

How embarrassing

Nightmare is a fantastic record imo.

If, after only one or two songs, I wan't to drill a hole into my fucking eardrums so that there's no chance of accidentally hearing it ever again. There's really no chance that the rest of the album will be fundamentally different enough to change my opinion.

Very much so

meant for

Ya it was a much different sound for sure. Fiction and Buried Alive are fucking nuts. They originally revealed Rev's death as "natural causes" then later overdose, but after hearing Fiction which he wrote, I became sure he either committed suicide or wanted to die at least. That song's sad as shit.

Yep, WtF is my favorite of theirs, and one of my favorite albums in general.

>I wan't to drill a hole into my fucking eardrums so that there's no chance of accidentally hearing it ever again.
cringe. let me guess you're also the type to post terrible comparisons or something like that in rym shoutboxes and reviews. not only cringeworthy, also cancer

anyways my first impression was it's pretty damn generic but that comes with being "retro", and it's by no means actually bad

This is pretty gross.

I thought the remastered version was shit tho

Lol, the only thing cringy here is that people actually like this shitty fucking band

ex fucking dee

What do you like?

>Recently got back into the White album. Some bangers on there for sure
>Some bangers on there
>bangers

Well you like what you like, personally thought it was overdone with it's overblown arrangements.
Still beats Hail to the King and The Stage, literally is A7X Load and Reload.
Waiting patiently for their St. Anger/Illud Divinum Insanus.

Nightmare was decent, pretty ballsy without overdoing it.

>Nobody ever praises Danger Line

it's so full of passion. Really just further proves that they have no place being pigeonholed into this commercial corporate buttmetal group people that overlook them often include them in, besides the fact that every band member is incredibly talented objectively
they shouldn't have done that, I agree. I just don't listen to the remaster
the real cringe is condescending to others for what music they like, especially when you yourself haven't heard most of their shit. You should end yourself honestly
I liked the deeper, less popular cuts off s/t(Brompton Cocktail, Unbound) but Scream and Almost Easy are certainly not their best songs, and that's an understatement. What did you not like about Stage? Couldn't agree more about HTTK. Zero rawness or emotion outside of Requiem which was great
I like Danger Line, it's not one of my favorites on the album though. The lyrics on that song are great and the chorus is monstrous

>Really just further proves that they have no place being pigeonholed into this commercial corporate buttmetal group people that overlook them often include them in
That's 100% on them though. I love A7x as a band but they've always looked like a bunch of fags trying to score with the angsty teen demographic.

here I am, someone who's new to A7X and lurking this thread because I'm interested in how Sup Forums views them while I check out their stuff, and I find this faggot that trashes an album of theirs after literally two songs. You're a fucking disgrace. For all you know there was a song you really liked later on and you just refuse to even give it a shot to find out. I fucking hate people like you

To be fair, that's how those guys have dressed literally their whole lives. I've seen many pictures of them as 12-14 year olds rocking the skull shirts and painted black nails and shit. It's not like they donned the outfit to play to a certain crowd or make money like the talentless Sex Pistols, that's just who they are. Whether you call think the look is faggy, whatever, is up to you, but I don't think they deserve criticism for what they wear if it's just what they like wearing in the first place. That's not really relevant

>Whether you call think the look is faggy, whatever, is up to you, but I don't think they deserve criticism for what they wear if it's just what they like wearing in the first place. That's not really relevant

It shouldn't be, and it isn't to me, but it is to a broader audience. Image matters (unfortunately), especially in the metal scene which can be very divided about these things.

And if you're gonna dress up like an emo teen and keep up that same look well into your thirties, you're gonna be compared to one.

But hey, I'll repeat: musically, they're one of my favorite bands. Waaaay talented musicians.

Do they have a new permanent drummer?

Yeah the guy who worked with them on The Stage is staying.

Ya I got you. I feel the exact same way. It's incredibly unfortunate that they are oftentimes discounted as one of "those" bands when they're so much more. They're one of my favorite bands too and it's undeniable that Syn is one of the greatest guitarists of the 21st century

Bad.

Why do you feel that way?

They are wasting their talent on by-the-numbers commercial, larmoyant earworm garbage.

>larmoyant earworm garbage
>not liking theatricality and catchy hooks
what's wrong with you

Commercial isn't inherently a bad thing. And compositionally I feel that it really isn't all that accessible. They use blue notes and time signatures in a very different way for this album compared to last releases, and have much more multi-faceted song structure for a lot of the tracks. At least it's a conceptual, thoughtful album that explores themes like technology and space and humanity in depth as opposed to being insubstantial. I think the catchy choruses actually played to their strengths mixed with the versatile and inhabitable jams

the only good radio metal band is volbeat

See this is what bothers me. You know they have their 2 first full albums of shit that would literally never be on the radio? Or that with 3 of the same band members they made an EP under a different name that did Mr. Bungle-influenced jazz rock/funk metal? Have you heard those and if so what'd you think of them?

didn't know about the ep but i've heard the first two A7X albums and didn't care for them. sometimes the instrumentals have some cool stuff going on, but a lot of the time i'm not very interested in it and i can't stand the vocals.

honestly if it wasnt for A7X i wouldnt be playing music. The Rev inspired me to play drums. I think The Stage is a great album that has so much going for it and the fact that people just dismiss them without actually listening to more than three or four songs is kinda sad. each album has a different sound and a different feel so if you dont like one, then try a different one. Plus they're the reason im into metal in the first place

Shh quiet, might piss somebody off...

Top 5 A7X songs???

Not even quite sure of mine, but it involves the following:
> Second Heartbeat
> Unholy Confessions
> Beast and The Harlot
> Wicked End
> Remissions

I can't decide

look up Pinkly Smooth- Unfortunate Snort. It's on Youtube

I respect that you at least gave them a shot. I think a lot of people prefer the Rev's guttural scream vocals(and in many cases so do I). It's extremely unique and full of personality but I can see where some find it too much.
They're what originally inspired me in middle school to start listening to a lot of different stuff and diving deeper into genres I liked, especially metal at the time. And I couldn't agree more, it just sucks because they actually do have those really commercial poppy songs that mislead people to interpret all their shit as that. 'fuck that's a hard question. I'd be hard pressed to even do a top 15 but here goes

>Chapter Four
>Blinded In Chains
>The Art Of Subconscious Illusion
>Remenissions
>I Won't See You Tonight Pt 1

The only one I'm really positive about there is Remenissions. That song's insane

>they have a sporkcore album and 2 average metalcore albums
if this is a mark of quality i'm out

the criticism that they are "average" is purely subjective. I happen to think they are very unique, well-composed and solidly written albums. Also their debut is as much crust punk as it is metalcore.

>sporkcore

I don't say this often but why haven't you just killed yourself yet? That's a ridiculous attempt at a criticism

sporkcore is objectively the best kind of popular music so yes it is

I'm ashamed to share this board with dickheads like you

>2016
>a7x
>2016
>metal
>2016
>instruments
kek

not bad if you're 14, pretty awful if you're 22

>Sup Forums discussing avenged sevenfold discography seriously

Bad. Bad b8 also.

>being autistic elitist asshole that has no friends

>praising babby's first metal band
they're not terrible musically, but they're comparable to nickel back to how mediocre their sound is. I used to like them too, but they're definitely a band you grow out of.

but keep on rockin dude \m/

Only autists here are those defending A7X. Go back to /r/music.

Its worth a conversation, especially with the popular acclaim they've been getting lately.

music is subjective faggot. Keeping being an avant teen faggot who is too self conscious to listen to music for enjoyment's sake. I feel bad for you
do you mean in terms of how unique or something? You just said they're not bad musically but their sound sucks like what the fuck

Honest opinion, no smear or condemnation.
What made HttK especially bad is that A7X lost their identity. If you're going to make core style metal, to at least have your own identity is paramount. Before they where an extreme mix of core metal, melodic death metal, with a more intricate melodic nod to British Iron Maiden. (BTW; when I say melodic death metal I don't mean the classic Swedish, but the core infused European style) On their first three most celebrated records, gradually they leaned more from the former influence into the latter. But HttK was a simple, uninspired cash grab. By literally ripping off old rock bands, but play the dusty riffs in a metal core format. So the old fans gave them backlash, having liked Nightmare despite it's dissipating melodic death metal influence. The Stage is nothing but a bandage, trying to be extra pummeling by injecting more thrash metal. But wanting to be appealing at the same time, turning it into pop trash that boarder on self parody. This might not be everyone's' favorite style of metal, but you can't respect a band that isn't even trying at the very least.
Or so I feel, if you dig then french fries in tomato sauce.

I agree with what you say about HTTK musically speaking, but I definitely don't consider it a cash grab. That's not the kind of guys they are. They even said in an interview it was an effort to appeal to a wider audience, and no not for cash but simply because more people can enjoy their music. I disagree about the Stage though, at surface level sure, it's pretty poppy with the catchy choruses and everything, but compositionally it's one of their most unique and inspired. I fail to see the thrash connection outside of simple high-tempo drum patterns, it's much more like prog metal.

ok, i'll give that ep a shot later, thanks. sorry if my original post was kinda blunt and mean btw

don't worry about it, I can tell you had good intentions. I do the same sometimes. Let me know how you like the EP

Holy fuck. I can't decide if I hate this album more for its content or the incessant underages it gathers together to discuss it.

and thank you for joining us

>the grimes fan can't into The Stage

Thanks for validating my taste user

painted up sparkly feminazi cancer.

Did you guys just get here from Reddit?

no from b/

Ah okay, makes sense.
Enjoy your stay.

As much as I disliked HTTK I gave The Stage a chance. So glad I did it, it's probably their second best album of their careers imo. The singer is a the top of his game and even when they kinda recycle some riffs throughout the record, it still is fucking awesome. I'm actually sad the album hasn't sold any more copies, it deserves at least the number of sales of Nightmare or City Of Evil.

Trashed And Scattered
God Hates Us
Critical Acclaim
M. I. A.
Welcome To The Family

says the grimes fan

Remenissions holy fucking shit

right?!
>A good friend once told me we are memory
>Without them we equal nothing
>And all I can see is the place I wanna be
>Timeless my life was so free

the lyrics are fucking flawless
MIA is so much fucking fun on guitar

Aside from Buried Alive intro and God Hates Us, I've never actually played a A7x song, not that it's out of my capabilities, but idk, I usually play in my confort zone (Some Slayer, Pantera, SOAD. Those drum oriented riffs are my jam). What would you say is the most fun of playing some sweet A7x on guitar?

I highly rec you learn Unholy Confessions and Beast and the Harlot. Those are my 2 favorite. Beast is fun as hell to play and sing and the riff on unholy confessions is just really good to work on speed. I'll play that riff faster than the actual song some times to warm up my hands

hmm I've never looked at the tab for God Hates Us but I'll give that a go

I'd see what I can do with Beast And The Harlot. Those armonies in the chorus throw me off sometimes. Unholy Confessions sounds easier (I'm a stubborn son of a bitch and I don't trust tabs for the most part so I play by ear. Had worked so far)

God Hates Us is actually pretty easy and fun since you slide the chords most of the chorus (kinda Mustaine style, but not quite) and the breakdown riff is pretty groovy.

A7x sucks but pinkly smooth is and will always be this shit

it's fairly straight forward. I'm wary of tabs but I always try them out and if they don't sound right, tweak it by ear. The intro's pretty cool too

bump

>dissing actually talented band with one of the best guitarist/drummer duos of the 2000's
>worships untalented cunt that can only barely produce

>oooh look at me i have philosophy im smawwwt

Don't you know the chemicals can't control themselves?

>actually talented band
>one of the best guitarist/drummer duos
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Let's see Grimes play literally any A7X guitar solo. Literally any of them

Are you actually 12? Can I screenshot this for a cringe thread? Yeah, fuck it. I'm screenshotting it.

>Hot Opinion
>normie opinions
huh

doesn't change the fact you're full of shit

NOTHING TEARS THE BEING MORE THAN DECEPTION, UNMASKED FEEEAAAAAR.

Can't stand the vocals.

>the normie opinion on A7X is to hate HTTK, not care for a lot of s/t and love their debut and Pinkly Smooth EP

Not sure about that one bud
I can understand that complaint. I started listening to them in 6th grade so it's much easier, but they are very nasally.

Says the grimes fan

>Brooks Wackerman left Bad Religion for this
I used to be a fan of A7X but come on now.

this exactly. It's the memegrips of buttrock for reddit and 9gag, apparently.

I guarantee you the stage is better than anything Bad Religion would bang out at this point in their career

normies like a7x you fuck stick, the majority of Sup Forums do not qualify as "normie" (at least in music taste/elitism)

I like plenty of not "normie"(stupid word) music as well, and that doesn't change my love for this band. My taste expands to many genres, many countries, and many sounds, and I'm not so close-minded or elitist and pathetic as to change my taste to appease others. Enjoy your life in your sad little cage you made for yourself to peer through while we, who are free to enjoy any music we please, perform here up on the stage.

>Wicked End
>Strength of the World
>Chapter Four
>Creating God
>Buried Alive

No user!
Music that panders to college kids is objectively better than music that panders high school kids

Kek that's not even slightly true

>the majority of Sup Forums do not qualify as "normie"