Reasons for listening to music tiers

>Level 0 Pleb (Normie):
For fun/partying/general socializing, usually along with drugs and alcohol, on poor equipment

>Level 1 Pleb (Hipster/indie drone)
For emotion/FEELS, often cries while listening, uses music either as a coping mechanism or a fashion accessory (or both)

>Level 0 Patrician (Transitional)
For intellectual and creative stimulation, as inspiration to make their own music.

>***TRUE PATRICAN***
For contemplation, introspection, philosophy and aesthetics.

>level 5 patrician
listening to music in secret

>level 10 true patrician
listening to music as a post-ironic memestatement

You got true patrician and level 0 patrician backwards

>level 100
pretending to experience synaesthesia

there's no difference between level 1 pleb and **TRUE PATRICIAN** you dumbass

>level 89
listening to music per rectum

for shitposting purposes on a cambodian shoemaking forum of course

>Level 0 Pleb (Normie):
Rock/metal/punk, pop, dance music, funk, soul, noise

Rock/metal/punk, pop, dance music, funk, soul, noise

Some jazz, radio classical

>***TRUE PATRICAN***
Classical, some jazz, traditional electronic music

true

>normie
>noise
lmao get outta here buster

>tfw to intelligent 2 pay attention too music tiers

>Level 0 Pleb (Normie):
Radiohead, Grimes, Swans, Godspeed You

Captain Beefheart, Talking Heads, Joy Division, Sonic Youth

Charlie Parker, Miles Davis, Duke Ellington, Johm Cage

>***TRUE PATRICAN***
George Shearing, Luciano Cilio, Eliane Radigue, Hans Krusi

>implying using music as a fashion accessory and aesthetics aren't the same

OP is talking about Schopenhauer-style aesthetic contemplation you pleb

>level 100
Has his own soundtrack that he listens to every day of his life.

"Schopenhauer-style aesthetic contemplation" is not different from the way Level 1 Plebs (Hipster/indie drone) listen to music (>For emotion/FEELS)

wrong

>Level 0 Pleb (Normie):
>Grimes
FALSE. Her music is Level 0 Patrician (Transitional). In fact, it's too weird for almost any normie.

This board tries too hard to be unique with its tastes.

and yet they listen to the same music as reddit and rym (with few edgy exceptions like dg, swans, beefheart). almost nothing posted on Sup Forums is truly unique to this board.

I started to come to Sup Forums and listen to one new album a day because i don't really know much about music
which level is that?

You got it right, OP.

Normie tier is usually what's on the radio/"hip" in the mainstream these days. Also the only tier here where the listener doesn't really make a concious effort to pick what they want to listen to.

Pleb tier is probably the largest most overall expansive tier because what gives a particular emotional feeling to a particular person varies. Dad rockers love themselves classic rock, hipsters like indie rock, my parents like older Bollywood music, etc. This is usually the realm of where people are more genre fans than anything.

The initial Patrician tier is where you see anything that's either innovative, technical, experimental, gimmicky or some form of those together. Lots of progressive rock, jazz, classical, electronic music, and even certain takes on genres like post-punk and metal are in this realm. Many albums in the posercore meme are here, too due to their "unique" experiences predicated on them sounding like nothing else regardless of its artistic merit.

But the True Patrician tier is where artistic merit actually matters. It is the moving on from muh technicality or muh emotion into what the piece actually means for what it presents. A true patrician can do this with any form of music, because such artistic merit can be found in everything from Radiohead's Kid A's technological implications on society, Kendrick Lamar's TPAB chronicling a specific kind of insecurity born from a lack of pride due to certain events in the past, Ornette Coleman's Free Jazz being an attempt at communication among those with wildly varying ideas, Trout Mask Replica's surrealist upside-down approach to portraying the world, etc. It isn't limited to type of music or genre. That being said, since this is the aural artform, it is important that these ideas do come out musically rather than just lyrics or having the author say "this is what my theme is". So no, Beyonce's new album wouldn't be counted as a good proponent of this.

So much crap. Here's a redpill: there's no patrician or pleb music. These are buzzwords invented by CLT and Sup Forums swallowed them in an instant. Probably that dude is still laughing about Sup Forums being dumb like a sheep: instead listening what they like and not giving a fuck what others say, they listen only to "approved" music and reject massive amounts of music that they would probably like.

So, if you're dumb, play CLT's game, if you're smart, judge music for yourself and don't give a fuck about others' opinions. The choice is yours.

>>>Level 0 Patrician (Transitional)
>Charlie Parker, Miles Davis, Duke Ellington, Johm Cage
"Muh true intellectual jazz and baby's first """"""""experimental""""""""

This
>hey guys, look at me listening to jazz. I must be really intellectual
>can't tell good jazz from bad jazz without looking at rym

/thread

But Sup Forums are too insecure for that

This should be the sticky.

>with few edgy exceptions like dg, swans, beefheart
are you a fucking newfag or what? dg, swans and beefheart are not edgy, they're just the shit that every normie without taste on this board listens to

if you don't study music theory (then the 95% of people), jazz is just entertainment or background music. BUT that doesn't mean you can't have your own taste or be a demented pleb when others talk about jazz. jazz is good because it's for everyone. go ask Charles Mingus, Chet Baker, Count Basie, John Coltrane, Dizzy Gillespie, Cecil Taylor, Thelonius Monk, Ornette Coleman, Louis Armstrong, Fats Navarro, Francis Scott Fitzgerald, Jack Kerouac, Allen Ginsberg, Gregory Corso, Neal Cassady, William Burroughs:
they will all answer you: "yeah buddy, yeah! let's make some jazz all together dude, lmao. jazz buddy, jazz is good for you! let's feel it!"

kill yourself retarded piece of shit.

>or be a demented pleb
* or (that doesn't mean) you are a demented pleb
sorry, my mistake

>wishing death to someone
you are "human" scum. i spit you in your stupid face.

>this entire tierlist

I need it to distract me from killing myself.

almost noone here actually listens to swans, come on

yes, everyone listen to them because memetano and scaruffi talk about them

yeah, everyone claims to listen to them but few actually do, just look into the last fm collage threads, rarely any swans

well, then I guess they really suck

patricians don't participate in collage threads

>implying we are using the words in anything near the same manner as CLT
>lacking this much reading comprehension

patricians don't lurk Sup Forums

bump