Help me out Sup Forums looking for a decent original horror film to watch sick of this possession bullshit

Help me out Sup Forums looking for a decent original horror film to watch sick of this possession bullshit.

Other urls found in this thread:

stream-tv2.ag/watch-outcast-online/
promptfile.com/l/BBB5AAC787-1424A2B01A
youtu.be/5Yy0xj5sOro
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

how fucking lazy are you?

sinister or clown

Malachai?

the banshee chapter. it's not anything amazing but it has some interesting ideas and some decent scares. better than most of the shit being put out nowadays. it's also on netflix

John Carpenter's Apocalypse Series is pretty good
>The Thing
>Prince of Darkness
>In the Mouth of Madness

Martyrs

Decent movies but still not what im after. Someone needs to make a new werewolf or vampire movie for sure! With good actors and production value

Ill suss that out for sure cheers man

10 Cloverfield Lane was a surprisingly good horror pic. Apocalypse, chick is held in bunker with two guys, mystery going on, it keeps a horror vibe through it's direction and shot composition yet the story progresses more as a thrilling mystery.

The Invitation is another I was surprised by. Guy and his girlfriend are invited to his ex-wife's dinner party. The ex-wife's banging Danaerys' handsome bodyguard and things start getting really spoopy when they seem a bit cultish.

I personally thought House of The Devil was just okay, but it's still worth a mention. Released in 2009, some chick gets a babysitting job in an isolated house where things seem to be clearly going wrong. The movie has a hard on for the 80's as it takes place in the 80's and has high noise in it's picture quality to fit the vibe.

Let The Right One In is a swedish vampire film that happens to revolve around kids. I describe it this way because there was a really bad American remake that was a movie about kids that just happened to involve Vampires. The movie is dark, gives you a lot to digest, and gets ballsy with it's story. tl;dr: Introverted boy meets vampire girl, movie follows the struggles of having to harm other humans to survive off their blood as well as the boy's struggles of being more or less fatherless and bullied.

Stitches.
Why? Because fuck you.
Clown is accidentally killed by a bunch of rowdy shit kids. The clown revives and seeks his revenge years later when they all grew up into horny teens. It's bloody, it's a horror film, it has some of the most hilarious horror-movie deaths ever.

ya, it doesn't have the best reviews, fairly mixed, but i still think it's pretty enjoyable.

The witch was very unsettling, the latest conjuring had FANTASTIC themes from the past like 70S, excluding the hideous Annabelle film. The strangers is a classic hostage movie pretty much started the purge series

ya, annabelle was very disappointing. haven't seen the new conjuring yet but i've heard it's really good

Yeah man i live in a shit hole and we dont even have the new conjuring out at the cinemas yet dont particularly feel like watching it in bad quality online unless you have a link to a decent quality version?

The witch
The babadook
The thing

It follows though not as scary had a great score and led to tension compared to most zombie movies which is what it could be categorized in.
Goodnight mommy was a German film that was very dark and twisted
Martyrs the foreign one
And the Fourth kind was the scariest movie I ever saw(when I was a kid atleast)

>Let The Right One
yes, this. I don't mind the american version (I saw it first) but the original is much better.

Ive seen babadook and the thing both great! Need to watch the witch though

It was great, with the way horror movies relying on jump scares James Wan was phenomenal giving you that tension and terror, his light out film is gonna be amazing you should check out the indie version of it on YouTube I think it was British or so

Man Bites Dog
Braindead
Creepshow
Rosemary's Baby
Eraserhead
A Tale of Two Sisters
Susperia
Any Fulci film
Borderlands
Audition
Tetsuo The Iron Man
Men Behind The Sun

There's a few op.

it follows had an interesting premise. certainly the scariest movie about an std i've ever seen

>clown
are you one of the paid reviewers?

Dog Soldiers was a pretty good werewolf movie

ya i saw lights out on youtube. thought someone was ripping him off when i first saw the trailer before i realized it was the same guy. it was fairly good, hopefully the movie will be good too

Not so much a horror but talking STD, Kids by Larry Clark is really good

stream-tv2.ag/watch-outcast-online/

promptfile.com/l/BBB5AAC787-1424A2B01A
have fun bro

Agreed! They need to bring werewolfs back into the horror game

>House of the Devil
This nigga knows his shit

1408 was suspenseful also

Good one

This shits over rated. It decided to genre jump in the 3rd act.. Which I would don't usually have an issue with, but it just switched so it could play up some shock value.

It's a shock film , usually that shit happens

As above so below is alright if you like the decent

I get you, but it wasn't until the end... Up till then it was clearly trying to pass its self off as something else...

Comparing them together isnt something ive ever done but the decent shits all over as above so below.

fuck no i watched it after i yoinked it off yts.ag. always watch and come to my own conlcusions

Well it's that claustrophobic category, I'm just covering all the horror elements here

Original horror try bad boy bubby.

Try "Bad Moon" it has kind of a cheesy story but the werewolf is GOAT

Here's food for thought

Could scream be considered the best horror movie of all time?

Hear me out

That movie single handedly pulled the horror genre back from the grave, slasher films, scary movies, all that shit. It fucking dug it up and re-animated it's ass. The movie of course is great and had a fucking crazy good twist no one expected (if you say you knew you're fucking lying, who the hell expected that shit)

But it revived an entire genre, the film itself is good but its impact is what makes it incredible. Can the impact of a film make it the greatest of all time just because of what it did?

Easily, when I think of horror I think of slashers and I think scream tops Freddy or Jason

Scream revolutionized modern horror, it brought scary movie it brought true fear in an era where alot was going on

House of a 1000 corpses Op, you wont regret it.

But regardless of how it tops Freddy and Jason, the main point im driving is the impact it had

And if that makes it the best

Personally I think there's better movies like alien in the genre, but is scream the best because of what its done along with being really good?

Horror is really just categorical , slashers, paranormal, sci-fi, It's hard to have a true number one

It's Alive

Is it though?

It's kind of the same thing as saying Terminator 2 is the best action movie of all time. It's influence on film and the fact it's a master piece give it a shit load of support for that fact

Or the Beatles being the best band ever because of how much of an influence they made

In most things people can cite one specific item as the best, it's just questionable what in horror is the best, not just as a movie but as a influence.

Unfriended
Trollhunter
The one where the kid hangs people

If you're talking influence top would be alien, scream then nightmare

Its not horror but definetly worth checking out 'A Serbian Film'

That movie fucking blew, along with the Devils Rejects and Halloween.

Rob Zombie is a shit film maker.

You're thinking of sinister , besides that movie those movies are shitty

The Descent is amazing.

Babadook sucks pig cock

Would you say alien because it pretty much made the modern day horror film outline?

Nightmare is up there because character slasher films

And scream for revamping the horror genre

Essentially those 3 are

Creating the modern horror, reviving the modern horror, creating one of if the not the biggest element of modern horror

The original Hills Have Eyes.

(yes, edgy ones, I've seen the remake)

whatever.

As above was shit. The decent was great. Fuck you

What was decent?

>Tfw trying to have a legitimate discussion

You can't have one without the other they all added elements to the horror world.
I'm saying alien due to the time it came out, same could be said with the exorcist, and how big of a franchise it came of. Same can be said of scream too but I think scream had the comedy added in for the 90S generation

That's a dif user bro

Thank you.

when the lights go out
not this years one from a few years ago its awsome

>you matter

user LIVES DONT MATTER

>how big of a franchise it came of

HUGE.

fuckin awsome movie
devils rejects is also cool
i have captain spalding tat on hand

Nice! awesome tat post a pic user.

Which Halloween's are these?

The descent, sorry you fucking dick head.

*facepalm*

you fuckin what faggot
cult movies dont suck cock
have u watched the lords of salem thats god teir right there

Graves Encounters, not a masterpiece but still great.

It wasn't decent?

>great

Lmao my bad

saved yourself, right under the buzzer

the tone shift between the 2 movies in insane.
1000 corpses is schlock and campy horror.
devils rejects is straight grind house.

Too bad Zombie is an asshat. Everything else he has made is garbage

Babadook
Blood Glaciers
The Mist
The Cube

It was more than decent.

two mins ill try on phone

I still fucking jump from these scenes, even when ive seen the movie a hundred times.. Good film.

youtu.be/5Yy0xj5sOro

>Blood Glaciers

How decent was its descent?

Puts Babadook in list

Automatically means all anons picks are shit.

Oh, and The Loved Ones. If you're looking for a decent slasher, try Wolf's Creek.

> Grave

Faggot

The grudge. Uzumaki. The dirty Japs do horror film right

fuck

bias?

Hey jabroni you tagged the wrong user

Blood Glacier was pretty decent for a horror movie inspired by The Thing. Ending was garbage, but I liked the designs of the monsters.

Evildead... nuff said