Story time, faggots

Story time, faggots.

>have friend
>friend served in military for quite a few years
>saw deployment and all the shit that goes with it

Let's call him Jeff to protect the innocent.

>jeff deals with PTSD shit all the time, sometimes the triggers are worse than others
>sometimes the really bad episodes can lead to unpleasant circumstances
>gotten him into trouble with the law on more than one occasion, usually for either public intoxication or by him getting into it with other people
>for instance, some idiots were setting off those really loud bang noisemakers at a pub party one night and he tackled the dude out of instinct, which led to a scuffle, which led to the police getting involved, etc.
>nothing felony-level or anything, but quite a few misdemeanors on his rap sheet because of it
>feel shitty for him since a lot of the time he's not meaning to start shit and is just acting on instinct
>get a call from him one afternoon that his girlfriend of like eight years is kicking him out and they're splitting up because it got to the point that it affected their relationship
>thefuck.flac
>he's barely holding it together, asking if he can crash with me for a while
>have decently-sized flat that me and GF both inhabit, but there's enough space to put a third person up if we really worked at it
>tell him of course, bring his stuff over, etc.
>shows up a few hours later with some of his shit, get him situated as best we can manage on such short notice
>he says he needs to go for a walk and think things over
>of course, no problem, don't worry about it or rush things, take all the time you need, etc. etc.
>doesn't come home that night
>don't see him for two days after that
>get call from him third day
>he's in lockup for getting into another altercation with some asshole at the pub looking for a fight
>freaking out because this episode was really bad and he nearly killed the dude
>fast forward through legal shit, get him out and back well enough

>doesn't say a word for like four days, just kinda lethargic and staring that thousand-yard stare
>ask around friends and colleagues and all that who know anything about psychology and PTSD
>look shit up online
>anything to try and figure out how to help him out
>nothing really works, still just staring blankly and not really doing much
>get up one morning, notice he's not on the couch or anywhere
>see bathroom door locked, but GF still in bed
>knock on door
>"...yeah?"
>holyshithe'stalkingagain.mp4
>ask him what's up, can he open the door, etc.
>silence for a few minutes
>start to walk away, hear door unlock
>slowly open it
>he's sitting there in his boxers, apparently decided to turn the bathroom into his living quarters of choice
>essentials all in there organized in his own way
>ask him what's up
>tells me in strange tone that he's taking up staying in there rather than in the actual rest of the apartment because he's a piece of shit and doesn't belong in a civilized household and should wallow with the rest of the shit like he deserves to
>not sure how to react to this, tell him the usual sort of thing to try and dissuade him
>he's not budging
>figure it's part of his episode, let him ride it out for now since he's not harming himself or anybody
>GF gets up, fill her in, she's not really happy about it but agrees to more or less humor him for a bit to see how it pans out
>fast forward, he's getting a bit more proactive in getting out, looking for a job, getting shit together, etc.
>all seems to be going well except he still refuses to stay anywhere in the flat but the bathroom when he's there
>he's chipping in good enough rent money from what he's getting from the government and VA and VFW and whatnot, so me and the GF begrudgingly decide to just let things be as they are for the time being, as she'd just gotten laid off and we needed the extra rent income
>he exits when either of us have to use the bathroom, so it's not like it's an actual hindrance

>it's just weird is all that he's more or less living out of our bathroom and paying some rent to do so
>fast forward again, he really seems to be doing better, got a potential job lined up and acting a lot more outgoing than he was before, cutting back on the drinking and whatnot, all seems well
>then out of nowhere one night i get another call from the police station, he's in lockup again
>turns out he seemed to have done well on his job interview, decided to go for a celebratory beer since he'd been doing so well (he insisted that he only intended to have one and apparently even told the barkeep to not serve him any more than that one)
>his ex and her new dude had come in while he was there
>she and he had briefly talked before she walked off, apparently explained things to her current guy and for some reason something rubbed him the wrong way
>he's gone over to jeff and was trying to start shit with him, apparently some "you trying to win her back?" bullshit which wasn't true at all
>jeff tried to keep it together until the dude clocked him
>he snaps and beats the guy damn near to death
>takes a group of people to get him off him and restrain him, police come and arrest him
>(all this i'd heard from the barkeep and other witnesses during the trial)
>other dude's injuries were life-threatening and he hda to be hospitalized

>fast forward again, there was a trial
>at the trial, the prosecutor keeps referring to jeff as "sergeant," which wasn't his rank in the military
>this is obviously bothering him but he's trying to not lose his cool
>finally he gets called to the stand to give testimony
>prosecutor asks his questions, still incorrectly calling his rank
>gets to his last question and ends it with "is this true, sergeant?"
>jeff doesn't answer for a moment, judge has to coax him to answer
>he blinks a few times, smiles a bit, and looks up at the prosecutor
>looks him square in the eye
>"I'm sorry, sir, but you're getting that detail wrong."
>prosecutor asks what detail
>"My rank," jeff says
>"I'm not a sergeant."
>he trails off for a second, looks down for a moment, before continuing
>"I'm a loo tenant."

>Has ptsd from serving
He needs a better attorney user if he can't get off that shit

uhhh fanneh joke?

I assume this is the end.

Hah. Thanks for the chuckle user.

Do you.get the joke?

For those who got lost in the story and don't live in London, he was living in the loo as a tenant to his friend.

I live in texas and got the joke, it's pretty fucking easy to get

Yes yes we all know you think you're special for living in London, good job on explaining the joke you boring fuck

I don't live in London. Sorry I set off your autism.

Then what was the point of even mentioning London

I just picked a place where they call it "the loo". We don't say call it that in the US.
Just calm down.

Damn. You must be the smartest guy in Texas

Why not just say "the uk" then? There was literally no point in picking a specific area. That's just really stupid and adds nothing to your post besides a sense of superiority which of course became worse upon your admittance of not actually living there.

Point was that virtually everyone in america knows that loo is a term for bathroom, especially people who browse Sup Forums. Sorry I triggered you

You mistook it as a show of my superiority. That was never my intended tone.
Your autism is showing.

Only mistook it that way because you are an idiot who can't properly portray a point. But please go ahead and keep pretending you weren't in the wrong.

I actually didn't do anything wrong lol

Yeah you did, your assumption that people wouldn't get the joke lead to you feeling a need to explain it which in turn ruined the threads humor. That's serious autism, but I guess it's normal for you to always explain jokes or something

No, this argument is ruining it. You really could have just left it like I'm going to now.

Yes it's normal for you to blame the other person. "You should have left it but I didn't because I'm right you're wrong blah blah blah"

Lol perfect taking a shit story
Good one OP

You fuck. I read that whole thing for that fuckin pun. I should kill you.

10/10

made me laugh out of frustration for wasting my time reading this pum

The only people who don't know what a loo is would be the punjabs

H O L Y S H I T
10/10 GOOD JOB OP