Has there ever been a study on the health effects of dabs...

Has there ever been a study on the health effects of dabs? A lot of my friends use them exclusively now and the more I smoke them the more I realize how toxic they must be to your body. I can't take two hits of the things without feeling like I burnt a hole in my throat for a few hours; and I smoke weed daily. Dabs are made from butane for fucks sake, there's no way people should be smoking the shit.

Also general stoner bread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=j4XhDpSgHrs
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

bump for interest

most butan does not evaporate 100% so...

Alternatively, you could ask 420chan

What are dabs?

I don't know how it affects you, but I like them. I smoke flower 99% of the time but I smoke dabs when offered and they are actually pretty good.

Same with me. I don't smoke, but i've became tolerant from smoking whenever my friends have them available. I also get the burning sensation in my throat, and after I do I occasionally get a sore throat the next day.

Well, it all depends on the quality of the wax you're dabbing on. I prefer to dab on rosin, which is completely solvent less. Straight THC.. You're probably dabbing on some BHO which stands for Butane Hash Oil. That burning is from you coughing up a lung after taking a hot ass dab lol.. Man up.

Smoking ANYTHING is not good for your health. The human lung is not designed to take in large quantities of any kind of smoke.

I have that same marbled pipe, just not with the long mouth piece.

disgusting.

There's a way to make it yourself through a coffee filter so it's 100% pure. Dabs are quite difficult to come across in Holland believe it or not.

the problem is because it's hot smoke. try injections, they're pretty easy on the veins.

That's hash you're referring to. To make wax, you can simply get a nug... Put it in some parchment paper, and squeeze with a flat iron on about 300 degrees Fahrenheit.

I can not speak for how "healthy" dabs are because smoking it's self is not healthy. I would not worry about the butane because if it still is in the dabs by the time you take the dab it will be combusted on the nail much. Also there shouldn't be any butane in the dab because it should sublime out of them over time if it wasn't fully purged in the first place because of its low vapor pressure. it can be any worse than any residual butane you inhale while smoking flowers with a lighter.

Actually, it's not smoke at all. It's vapor. It's hot ass vapor... I explained that in my post above, just forgot to mention to you all that it's vapor.. Not smoke. I dab daily, and work for a medical dispensary.

That's rosin. And a nigger way to make it as well.

ok Vice

I know it's rosin you nigger. That's the best you can get ;) also, I own a 15x15 press lmao.. Just letting the newbs know how to do it.

Just picked up my new recycler, and yeah man Im a medical consultant in the state of WA and dabs have a certain PPM of residual solvents & whats left over pretty much so miniscule to ever effect your body, but the hospital over here gets 2 people a day from dabbing, point is dont make the shit in your backyard and buy it from a rec store ore if you have asthma stick too solventless like rosin or supercrititical co2 works just as well.

Vapor and smoke are literally the same thing

Pro tip I'm a chemist

hated it when my friends became dab fiends. I'm pretty sure it's pretty fucked up for you, there is such thing as a dab face. Face gets super thin from just dabing all day every day

look how red that niggers face gets lmao

a dumb one, then

i doubt that. surely people heat up nails way past the flash point of whatever extract they have all the time.

Fancy hipster names for hash and hash oil.

Yes OP there has. I'm mobile so I can't link it or I'll lose this thread but if you google high potency marijuana nerve damage it will pull up a reputable source which links to the study. Smoking dabs or other high potency mj causes damage to the nerve endings in the brain which has different physiological and psychological effects. It's not good. It's much much worse if the person smoking is under 22 or so because their brain is not near finished forming. This last point has been known for a long time now.

Explian how smoke is different than vapor? Notice I'm not saying smoking and vaping.

SO MUCH IGNORANCE AND FLAT OUT WRONG-INFO IN THIS THREAD IT MAKES ME SAD.

Pro tip no one gives a fuck

>provides zero correct info of his own

And you're helping the problem how?

smoke is a mixture of dust sized particles suspended in air, vapor is individual molecules dissolved in air

You can't dab hash faggot

But weed cures cancer, user! So you're really just curing yourself of any disease as you're introducing the carcinogen!!

After all, nobody ever died before marijuana was illegalized, right?

Ever heard of co2 OP. Fucking n00b

gr8 b8 r8 it 8/8

Butane is not toxic so why should dabs be more poisonous than regular high-grade hash?

How can you take a picture like this? Or even have all this shit on display. I would feel fucking ashamed of myself if I had all that stuff. Just look at it.

Damn that looks good

dab is burnt off then sure some chemical residue but thats about it!

Atomization is individual molecules suspended in air not vapor

stop trying to rationalize your vice. no amount of recreational pot is really good for anyone. acknowledge smoking anything is NEVER going to be anything but bad for you. acknowledge it for what it is and just deal with it.
that said i smoke most days, that said i'm not gonna pretend it's this miracle drug thats gonna save the world and change medicine forever. I just have problems and like to get high. thats all.

Whine like a bitch, and don't contribute? .....Kids today.

I remember I injected marijuana once. It was pretty great.

No, atomization is - as the name implies - the cleaving of molecules into single atoms.

atomization is a process not a state of matter, and yes a vapor is made of individual molecules dissolved in air, if you think about it air itself it's a vapor of nitrogen oxygen and all other gases

I love how you little snapback faggots took smoking weed and turned it into crack. At least you get to be the Nigger you've always wanted to be lol

lol the way i rationalize it is by looking at my life and career. (software dev, i prolly make more than you) I do shit all day a lot of people spend their entire lives thinking is magic. If i want to go home and smoke a fucking bowl damn right i'm gonna.

It's the same shit we made in the early 80's with ether. You little faggots make a far less clean product with butane and rename it "dabs" because ???

I giggled. Thank you.

Dude just look up dab brain for your answer lmfao. Dabs have turned half my friend group into literal fucking tards. I chose not to partake after doing the research. I'm now on my way to a bachelors degree.

OK I'll bite

Vapor and smoke are two different things
Smoke comes from burning
Vapor is something that you get when you heat something up to its boiling point. That's when you get gas/Vapor
You probably think that steam(water Vapor)
And smoke from burning wood are the same
If you are a chemist then you are a shitty one
I'm a Chemfag
Don't want to write too much so I butchered
The explanation quite a bit

In mass spectrometry, a tool used for fragmenting molecules to indentify its composition, first your liquid sample is atomized (made into a fine vapor of single molecules) then it is fragmented by another source like electrons into fragments and individual atoms of the parent molecule

Do you even mass spec or chemistry?
I never said it was a state of matter, if anything it's a gas

Hipsters urk me. The english language already has more words than it needs. But these cunts keep making new words and labels to sound edgy and cool. Fucking faggot cunt faggot mother fucker and tits

Because they love Dabney Coleman. The same way the hippies made up the term Bogart, for people that hold on to the j too long.

youtube.com/watch?v=j4XhDpSgHrs

lol, i dabbed every day during undergrad. BS of CS . i'm just smarter thn u

There is a difference between steam and water vapor though.
Steam are small water droplets (visible), dispersed in a gas (air).
Water vapor are single molecules of water (invisible) dispersed in a gas.

I'm NOT a chemist btw. I'm just right.

You're smoking what's called Butane soup. If you smoked the shit I make for a living you wouldn't get that amount of impurities. Look up clear dab, its more expensive because of the machinery and time it makes to actually pull all the harmful things out (Trust me that shit literally takes about a week or two for one batch). Dabs actually are a really good way to save money and still get your CBD and THC fix. Just gotta get the good shit and not butane soup my mang.

Both of your examples are taking solids/liquids and turning to gases. Smoke and vapor are the same thing just different compositions since you are heating different materials

>dab brain
all this brings up is fake articles and articles refuting this

Oh wait, this was bait. Well shit now I look foolish

>first your liquid sample is atomized (made into a fine VAPOR of single molecules)

dude, i can't even

> first your liquid sample is atomized (made into a fine vapor of single molecules)
Nope. Electrospray ionisation (by which single molecules are released, charged and sometimes fragmented) is not "atomization".

can't even what, understand? lol

>implying mechanical atomization is the only kind

Samefag

oh yeah? then why doesnt it ignite when you light it?

Did I say ESI? No, I said EI. There is more than on type of ionization

i know what mass spectroscopy is, i studied chemistry, you just said vapor is not made of single molecules, and then you said an atomized sample is a vapor

Butane comes out so cold it burns off at low temps. Only a minute amount is left. You just got a bit of bitch in you.

lol no. and why?

>implying mechanical atomization is the only kind
Well of course you can call anything atomization. Some people call old perfume sprays "atomizers". People are stupid.
> Durr I said EI.
The mode of fragmentation does not matter. MALDI, EI, ESI, who cares. Atomization is the fragmentation of molecules into single atoms. It's that easy.

It's in the name ffs.

An extremely fine vapor because that is the closet description it can be given. But it is not a vapor, sorry for not writing more. I'm lazy

>>implying mechanical atomization is the only kind
>Well of course you can call anything atomization. Some people call old perfume sprays "atomizers". People are stupid.
That was directed to

Butane is actually a shit solvent because it's so poorly QCed since it's not meant to be an extraction solvent. Butane has lots of contaminants in it. Butane is like what homeless people would use.

We live in an age of supercritical CO2 extraction, butane is for mongrels.

i had a friend in high school who would smoke dabs every day since freshman year, and he was obsessed with it. dabs were all he talked about for a long time

he would be totally fried all the time and smoking was pretty much all he did. now apparently he can't even smoke bud anymore because his body is rejecting thc or something. said he was 'allergic to bud' because he had smoked too much dabs

byproducts of a butane torch are oxygen and water, professor.

It does faggot, Maldi doesn't atomized like how ESI, EI, or CI does. that why they use it for large MW structures like proteins

>ether
>cleaner than butane

>Wikipedia->electron ionisation
>Strg+f atomiz
>0 results

Your friend sounds retarted.

I agree it's not new, it's just more popular now and people use butane for their extracts instead of ether becuase butane is cheap

>Wikipedia
(Not original person you're arguing with just pointing out you're using Wikipedia, many keks)

yeah that's not what i'm saying, you said that a vapor is not made of individual molecules dissolved in air (or another gas), correct? so what's a vapor to you?

>completed missing the point
>trying to divert by spamming his notes from his 3rd-semester college lecture on bioanalytics
Fuck off.

>same old gay genetic fallacy
As opposed to this printed encyclopedia here....

Hur dur if it's not on wiki it's not true

>be in grad school
>take a course on MS
>taught by a prof who builds MS instruments
>learn the parts and how the instrument works
>have used MS for class and research

I know what I am saying

Which is completely irrelevant to the topic at hand.

LMFAO must of hurt your feelings, sorry SummerFag, go back to your hardcore 420 life now.

lulz

I just joined into post that one reply to you lol

A fine smoke, if not the same thing a smoke but with less carbon because typically vapor comes from heating none carbon based compounds

Wrong, see

ether is an extremely clean solvent. plus it gets you nicely fucked up, so i say leave a little in...

And you professor calls the process by which EI ionizes molecules "atomization"? What a retard.

Or - more probable - you got something wrong there.

Why doesn't asbestos light on fire when you ignite it?

Retard.

i rather smoke my herb like a normal human being. dabs are too much and it doesn't appeal to me.

>come on richard, we've got some smoking to do

Im a biofag
Even I know you are retarded

Don't put words in to my mouth
Its the process of taking your liquid sample and spraying it at your ionization source. You must atomize your sample prior to ionizing

i agree. fuck the haters. toke up fam.

People who drink alcohol have a concept of alcoholism. It's hard to define but you know it when you see it. If you get up in the morning and have a glass of bourbon to start your day, you're probably an alcohol and even other drinkers would recommend you get help.

Why do marijuana smokers not have the same concept?

There are clearly people who are the mj equivalent of alcoholics. It has taken over their life and become an actual problem. Last thing before bed, first in the morning and twice more during the day if they have a chance. But other mj smokers don't call them out on this.

Shouldn't mj be treated similar to alcohol?

>Wrong, see
Yawn.

One more time: Like any ionisation method, EI can fragment molecules. If this happens, it acts as an atomizing process. This however is not the main function (the ionisation is, what's important) and even if the molecule is fragmented into two smaller molecules, this molecule was not "atomized".
Calling EI an atomizer is colloquial language at best and highly unscientific at worst.

I'm a postgraduate biochemical engineer, btw.