Can someone tell me what this is?

Can someone tell me what this is?
It's from Germany 1941 so it's like a nazi box or something.
Found it in my grandphas basement

Looks to me like something made in Germany around 1941.

Looks like an ignition to me, what's written there?

German fingerbox

handheld dynamo

German here, I can only make out Zündkreis.

OP post more pics of the writing.

Fukin dynamo detonator m8

post clear picture of writing and underside

German Sybian. The top rubber part is missing

There's Zündkreis written on it, which would be ignition circuit (or so). Probably some handheld detonator for explovies, like in the old cartoons.

Interesting find.

It looks like an explosives detonator. You would attach a lead to the posts and then use a handle to turn it. They were used during WWII.

Baujahr steht oben im Bild, das Jahr is jedoch blockiert, Fernzünder sagst du? wie würde das denn funktionieren?

You mind if I call in a buddy just to verify its value? Most I could do is $5.

Kein Fernzünder. Da müssen noch zwei Kabel ran, denke ich.

(No remote detonator. You'd need to connect two additional cables, I think).

Dacht ich mir schon, das draht wird an den 2 schauben gewickelt und es wird wahrscheinlich eine Kurbel an den großen Sockel befestigt.

Wire gets attached to the two screws and a lever goes onto the big socket, when you twist it, electricity gets transferred through the wires into the explosive

Good shit

there stands Zündkreis (ignition circuit) on it.

Seems to be a part of a motor

muss nicht sein. Zündkreis kann auch vom Auto kommen

It's an older version of the Pokémon go bracelet.

Nigga we just explained

Würde nich viel Sinn machen, warum hebt man denn sowas auf?

I hope it is still somewhat remote! Else it sound like a one time use.

Immerhin liegt ein Reifen daneben…

nigga that don't NEED to be a explosive detonator. could also be a fucking motor part

wieso würde man einen Zünder aufheben? Macht genauso wenig Sinn, wenn man den Hintergrund nicht kennt

Fernzünder klingt cooler du arsch nimm mir nicht meine träume

Falls es ein Teil von einem antiken Motor sein sollte, warum hat es dann ein Tragegurt?

Was zum fick

Okay.

This is written on the back

Keine ahnung is mir jetzt auch egal

well, that part comes from a factory site in berlin (Siemensstadt) - a factory site for cars and motors.

So this guy was right.

Here you can see the text

It's a detonator. You wire up explosives to the two terminals, then there's a crank that goes on the shart that you turn to generate a charge

Can I blow something up with it?

Its an explosives detonator, the centre plug would have had an ignition key that goes in and the two sockets above would be for the ignition cord, positive and negative.

fgt, Siemenswerk is a sub-district in berlin spandau.

but yeah, there are many car- and motor-factories, so you could be right

This user is correct...

lol shart

forgot link

Bridge-Ignition.

For destroying bridges I guess

no. it says bridge-ignoitor or something like that (Brückenzünder A) - which is for detonating something.

Blowing them up?

It's a detonator. That shit is collectible as fuck and likely very expensive. Looks like it's missing its actuator rod / crank.

Hook two wires up to the terminals, put the other end of each in your mouth and spin the triangular section.

I think the key for fitting into the center crank is that thing hanging on the chain.

I tried it on a lamp and it worked. The lamp lit up for a second and is no longer working

its a nazi lamp destroyer.

What is it called? Cant find it by googling

You put a crank on the triangular thingy and spin it, it creates electricity which detonates a bomb

Yeah, that's interesting but also it's rusty and not in mint condition...you know, I have costs and I have to find a collector for this WWII item.

Let me call my expert OP.

Yup. Demolitions Detonator. Saw something very similar in my Army days mounted to the Main Gun of my M60A3 Main Battle Tank as the back-up firing trigger.

There should be a T shaped handle for the hole. You give it a swift crank. Probably only rotates 120-180 degrees and springs back.

What do you think it's worth?

Indeed I found the handle and it does generate electricity what i rotate it quickly

>inb4 op becomes german bridge detonator

Well, outside of a collector, about the most fun you can have with it is wiring the terminals to some alligator clips and finding some un-guarded nipples to clamp them onto, like say, a drunken passed out Chad.

It'll probably push less than a hundred volts at fairly low current. The one in our tanks could only do 24 volts, but then it only took two to fire the gun...

I've seen these types of detonators a thousand times in WWII war movies, perhaps even Saving Private Ryan. And as a german I can attest that the writing on it and its shape does not sound like anything found in cars

they used this shit to cut off enemy support chains.

quite effectively...

I tested with my mopeds blinkers and cant get any light in it when I hook it up and pull it. It worked beror with a very small lamp and it broke

What does brückenzünder mean?

If you have one, hook it up to a voltmeter, give a couple of good cranks and see what you get.

It doesn't take a lot of power to set off explosives. A lot of electrical primers can be fired with one D-sized battery.

Will try that, thanks

Brücke = Bridge
Zünder = Ignitor, Fuse, Detonator, Trigger