What's your favorite prog band, pink floyd, king crimson, yes?

what's your favorite prog band, pink floyd, king crimson, yes?

Gonna ignore how unoriginal this thread is so I can plug Camel real quick. Mirage is one of the greatest 70's Program albums there is.

>camel is some obscure band

Yeah you're some sort of prog wizard for knowing and listening to Camel. We're all so impressed user.

one of the greatest prog records of all time

I don't really count Pink Floyd as prog but they're my favorite of the three (I like all three tho)

Need to lurk more, sorry. To be fair I've never met anyone IRL who's heard of them, besides my dad who I jacked the LPs from

grateful dead

Got that album because I read Opeth was influenced by them. OK music, not my style, but I love Opeth so wanted to check them out.

Opeth is pretty much my favorite band. The riff at the beginning of Benighted is actually an homage to a song from Camel's first album.

Rush, hands down

Hardly obscure, but definitely one of the best prog albums ever

Premiata Forneria Marconi

Faust

radiohead

kill yourself

daft punk

Dead desu. They release about one bullshit statement a year how they supposedly plan to release another album just so that people keep coming to their concerts.

Does Jethro Tull count as prog? If so, Jethro Tull. If not, Yes.

I love PF but I'll never understand why they're so widely considered as prog

I guess Animals is kinda close, but the early long-form stuff sounds more like a precursor to post-rock than prog desu

Pink Floyd is the greatest band of all time and thus, the greatest prog band.
Tell me how to get into Camel after mirage.

You listen to it

What albums to listen to though. They have a lot.

Jethro Tull and more specifically these two albums.

The Moody Blues - Days of Future Passed
Caravan - In the Land of Grey and Pink

Also The Mars Volta when it comes to more recent bands.