Give me one good reason guns should be regulated, ore give me one example where it has actually helped in any situation

Give me one good reason guns should be regulated, ore give me one example where it has actually helped in any situation.

Other urls found in this thread:

iflscience.com/editors-blog/six-things-americans-should-know-about-mass-shootings/all/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_school_shootings_in_the_United_States
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:School_shootings_in_Germany
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Can't. Norway has restrictive laws, and is highest in mass shootings per capita

It helped every dictator ever to control his people.

Samefag+bullshit

Also, Australia

>ore

Gun Owning Ladies and Gentlemen!
This mongaloid is your spokesperson.
Youre fucked

Damn right, Sup Forumsrothers

I'm living in the future, stuck in the past
That's why I don't notice, Obama's dick in my ass

Just look at countries which have completely forbidden them.

The amount of murders is significally lower than in the U.S.

Nope. By the way, Australia gun homicide may have went down, but all other homicide went up.

*You're

imagine if that was a good argument.

Then imagine if we weren't wasting our fucking weekend being unproductive twats on the 4chin.

Because everything needs to be regulated.

You are actually retarded right? Its proven that violent crimes go up not down banning guns. Gun deaths do go down but thats like sayijg we legalized druga so drug crime has gone down. It doesnt mean anything. Gun deaths also include suicide were the victim is the perpetrator

>mass shootings per capita
We had to limit it to 2009 or after, cause otherwise US would be on top again. Thank you, Anders, or God and saviour.

Kek
Cringe

Check'd. Still wrong though.

>Australia gun homicide may have went down, but all other homicide went up.
Of course, restricting the number one choice of tool for killing, will make the other tools take one step up

>but all other homicide went up.
Crime always spikes when draconian gun laws get put in place. GUN violence may see a small cut, but violent crimes like rape, assault, and robbery ALWAYS spike. The statistics are there, it's just a matter of reading.

Regulations and standards adopted for the manufacture of gun components have helped make our guns safer and more reliable

OP here, I think it's right to regulate the manufacturing of guns to an extent that doesn't make it harder to use. I mean regulating who can and can't have what guns.

Compare the crime statistics and homicide rates for English speaking nations; the US, UK, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Ireland.

The numbers and the facts speak for themselves, really.
iflscience.com/editors-blog/six-things-americans-should-know-about-mass-shootings/all/

You can't literally just look at mass shootings. You also have to explain why mass shooting rates annually raised by almost 1500% during the Obama administration

>The statistics are there, it's just a matter of reading.
There are lies, damn lies, and statistics, right.

WWII

Also, if Switzerland has half as many guns, you'd think if mass shooting were proportionate to # of guns, there would be half of the mass shootings, but there's close to none. You can't JUST look at the US. Study you data better.

Brilliant ad hom. Just ebin

>Brazil
>Not violent

>Switzerland
>Violent

k lad

Go ahead and define what a mass shooting is for me. I'll wait

Also, med kit land is on the list and has less mass shootings than Australia, which basically banned guns

Exactly right, just because the number of mass shooting is skyrocketing, is no reason to restrict the tool used for mass shootings.

Obama tried to restrict them. That's literally when they started going up. Care to explain why mass shootings went up when we tried to lower the amount of the tools used to commit them?

If the data prove my points, they're valid. If the data disprove my points, they're invalid. It's not rocket science, guys.

Insn't it legal to buy a gun in Brazil?

I thought so.

>tried
Because you tried. Not succeeded. Tried.

The data does not prove your point because the fact that Switzerland has such different mass shooting amounts even though they still have lots of guns shows that it's not proportionate to amount of guns.

What does that even mean?

this is due to the fact that it's much easier to get a gun without background checks and mental examinations in switzerland and finland. If you're a deranged guy, who can still manage to come across as a normale person in the us... then it isnt very hard to buy a gun and start shooting people.

also, I suggest you read that link.
explains a lot.

Switzerland enforces mandatory conscription of all men, they are trained and required by law to mantain issued service rifles. You can't compare to Murica...

It means "fuck you, I hope your gamble that mass shootings only happens to strangers fail"

Guns are for killing.
Killing is illegal.
QED.

>comparing the United States to a single European country
The US has the population of multiple European countries and 50x the land mass of most European countries. Your literally cannot compare gun statistics. All states have different laws which essentially results in 50 different countries within the US all having different gun laws.

Guns can be for warding off harm. That's not illegal.

>legal to buy a gun in Brazil?

They have strict regs, but lots of gun violence, crime, and gun culture. Hence, it is never as simple as Ban/control guns = Less crime

They will spike, since people no longer have any effective way of protecting themselves

there are lot's of other ways to ward off harm.
And ther is a much higher chance of harm coming to you, if you like in a country with lot's of guns and almost no background checks and mental examinations for gun purchasers.

No European country has anything remotely close to the second amendment making gun ownership a "right"

What makes you say there's almost no background checks or mental examinations?

It prevents suicidal teen edgelords without connections to start a school shooting.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_school_shootings_in_the_United_States

compared to

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:School_shootings_in_Germany

Even considering that germany is so much smaller, the difference is fucking riddiculous

Guys, can we petition to start a measure that would address the lack of funding for the CDC's research on fun violence?

Common sense. If a felon with a violent history goes to a gun shop asking for some wares, they should be declined. If someone has been in several psychiatric institutions over the past few years having trouble with reality, they should be declined..

But aren't these laws already in the books?

gun violence***

I live in downtown Detroit so...

They are. No one has a problem with background checks, sorry if I didn't really state that.

>Losing argument
>Corrects minor spelling mistake

Would be a waste, if they conclude there is somehow a connection between shooting and easily aquiring the tool for shooting, people are just gonna make up shit about how it's invalid anyway. Like, if they don't analyze Switzerland to the same degree, it's invalid. Or if they actually do, it'll be invalid cause they didn't compare the numbers for the milky way to the andromeda galaxy.

America

That is all

this shitty thread again ?
Just trying to bait people for having the same gun control discussion like every other day?

i am closing this seeing OP is not original enough

/thread

All other constitutional amendments have regulations, like the first amendment. What makes the second amendment so special?

The way it's currently regulated is fine, it's the lack of common core training and situational awareness that gets people killed. Once again, there's no accountability in America, except when somebody's getting sued.

Honestly arguing about guns is pointless. It is a technology that will be present in all human societies for the entirety of our existence.

There is literally no way to stop people from having and using guns and we just need to fuckin accept the fact that people will die from guns.

Animals have been killing each other for millions of years, now there is a device that makes it much easier...and you think we can just make that disappear by laws?

This isn't political issue its a human issue and it is not changing so anti-gun fags can either learn to use a weapon and maybe give themselves a chance to kill first, or just accept that when you go out among other humans in public, there is a chance some fucker will pull out a gun and shoot.

Guns are an operational hazard of living in this world.

>What makes the second amendment so special?
it's the only one that currently is being infringed upon
unless you are talking about the 4th amendment due process which "liberals" already want to trash by saying that the fed can add anyone to the no fly list and deny them a firearm.

I thought that free speech was being infringed upon, at least that's what I read on this board every day.

Please don't use the words "common core".. It's obvious the entire education system in the U.S. is just fucked..

But yeah... Train, fucker, train.

They sent me to Afghanistan for 2 years, and now they wanna tell me what I can carry. Fuck em' I say.. Fuck em'

this board is the epitome of free speech btw
free speech has been infringed upon within college campuses.. so much so that tenured professors have left prestigious positions out of disgust
>see: yale university

but legally speaking california governor Brown passed a bunch of laws infringing more gun rights... so woo hoo I guess. feel safe yet?

It's good that I can't get a gun. I'm mentally ill and I would have killed someone.

address the elephant in the room

if you compare all crime and killing and murder stats in the united stats made by white people only, its in the same levels of every civilized european country if not better

its only when you add the crimes and killings made by blacks mostly and some by latinos that the media tries to paint it as a huge national problem

so, who is the problem here ? guns ?
yeah, keep being dumb then

Are you talking about policy makers of laypeople?

I'd imagine relevant research would be invaluable to policy makers.

> success gun regulation prevents situations from occurring in reality
> give me an example where it worked
> success gun regulation prevents situations from occurring in reality
> give me an example where it worked
hurrr

Sent from my Android phone

Without guns USA wouldn't have >muh freedoms
many of which I actually enjoy, including being able to have my own gun

Sure a world with no guns where everyone just fucked each other and licked chocolate pudding out of each others assholes, would be nice. But the truth is humans can be viscous fuckin beasts and guns are a nice modern way of getting the job done rather than have to stone your enemy or beat them with clubs and other random sharp shit you find in the forest.

Bad phrasing. Meant better basic training and continuous annual or semi-annual recerts.

Most shootings are not from legal gun sources but actually from illegal methods which wouldn't do anything if we have gun laws. The people that do have the weapons legally have them for self defense of their home and the safety of themselves and their families, by making these pointless laws people that shoot shit up are potentially going to be able to kill more innocents

We shouldn't have common core but rigorous training that ISN'T easy for everyone, some idiots shouldn't have em.

why does your ammo not have primers?

Because you obviously got the time to get your gun out of the safe, if someone is about to fuck you up.

It still would prevent suicidal teens from using guns and taking people with them out of revenge. In germany and co, they just kill themselves, without taking a handful of students with them, while traumatizing the others

and those are less than 0.5% of murders
0.5%
you want to restrict a right, fuck up the constitution for 0.5%
can you tell you are being used like a fool for something bigger now or we need to laugh at your face a bit more ?

if they are gonna kill themselves why stop them, let darwinism take its place naturally

>Because you obviously got the time to get your gun out of the safe
you don't have to keep a gun in a safe by law... just somewhere a child doesn't have access to it.. if you even have children.. also you're a dumbass

Checked.

its funny how people always ignore stuff like this in these threads

why prevent someone who wants to take their own life? what fucking right do you have to stop them? that is basically imprisonment if they want to leave and you don't let them

go fuck yourself

They can kill people.

Lies. Loser can't even use actual facts and if you post some shit that happened 4 years ago then you're a cunt.

ideology can kill people
lets regulate some too

What's your source ?

Are you asking for a list of shootings that didn't occur because of regulations?

muh dick can kill people chambered with AIDs rounds... what now?

Wow, you're dumb. You answered your own question.

I never said, it would be to prevent them from killing themselves. It prevents them from taking others with them....except from maybe one unlucky guy if that teen tries it with a knife

>and those are less than 0.5% of murders
>you want to restrict a right, fuck up the constitution for 0.5%

That's how it usually works. We can't have nice things because a handful of fuckers do bad shit

If you are unaware of the plethora of instances where armed citizens were able to protect themselves or others, and just how often they occur, you are too stupid to argue with.

You are a moron.

>I never said, it would be to prevent them from killing themselves. It prevents them from taking others with them....except from maybe one unlucky guy if that teen tries it with a knife
wut

Not in split second and over and over again. What else you got?

Do you realise that their is such a thing called concelled carry, my father was in the Navy for 20 years and he has a concelled carry. I went with him to a shell gas station and we were going to get candy when someone started a robbery and the man was going to steal from the station but my father pinned him and stopped a crime, gold people do it legally.

As for the suicide discussion, I was a suicidal teen but my family was good to me and I prevented something that I should have never done. Youre not elimating a problem youre just creating more. My father kept his weapons in a safe and didn't let me or my younger sister know the code but only the people in the house that needed it and nothang ever happened. The system does the best it can do by the best of its citizens and not everyone is perfect so thus their is no such thing as a perfect utopia so don't try methods that just cause more issues.

That's your argument? Lol. Ok, go kill yourself with your liberalism.