Girlfriend of 5 years dumped me about a month before I was gonna propose

Girlfriend of 5 years dumped me about a month before I was gonna propose.

Music for this feel.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=CPbWMvQwroo
soundcloud.com/mmmelanierose/218-prod-by-emune
youtube.com/watch?v=vNwYtllyt3Q
youtube.com/watch?v=iX_9icmMD-0&list=PL3fa2n-Fi00cBxuqdDFQGJEfS65KTJL_t
youtube.com/watch?v=EpUVnyKvrWI
youtube.com/watch?v=pLKeZukedZo
youtube.com/watch?v=vsGRasyHEEg
youtube.com/watch?v=d43gKl9xIME&t=1086s
youtube.com/watch?v=G96dGO6_OEw
youtube.com/watch?v=cpYmHNicnkQ
youtube.com/watch?v=FEKEjpTzB0Q
youtube.com/watch?v=peWLXJQLl5Q
youtube.com/watch?v=FzCk8jjbLYE
youtube.com/watch?v=0dYPYAMxviw
youtube.com/watch?v=0SG6ZITbWpU
youtube.com/watch?v=hIq4UTgqDAc
youtube.com/watch?v=KUP8npIMOQ4
youtube.com/watch?v=ZDpMhA_srcM
youtube.com/watch?v=3_iBKacXIA4
youtube.com/watch?v=2SF1iLXSQto
youtube.com/watch?v=ZTAhZKP5wCY
youtube.com/watch?v=lx_dEmt1alI
m.youtube.com/watch?v=-VVp-tKqFNY
youtube.com/watch?v=5L9V4t4YPnY
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

lol

so how the fuq is pic related, related?

The Glow pt 2, in a dark room, with headphones on.

I'm so sorry about the break up, that fucking sucks man.

That screenshot is such stupid sappy bullshit. But I relate, anyway. Is there anything worse than being a complete fool who falls for every stupid cliche in the book despite knowing they exist and knowing you're in one every time?

Count five - psychotic reaction

have fun being miserable, pussy.

the microphones - the glow pt 2
car seat headrest - twin fantasy

vast - don't take your love away from me

Pretty much how it's been without her these past couple months.

Not my screenshot but I relate as well. Not sure if there are many worse things as far as social lives are concerned.

The world has turned and left me here- weezer

I'm sorry to hear that, OP..
It won't be easy to recover, but stay strong.
Meanwhile, enjoy some music.
youtube.com/watch?v=CPbWMvQwroo

.........a.........
.........m........
.........u.........
a m u Z u m a
.........u.........
.........m........
.........a.........

The Cure - Disintegration
It's hard but life goes on, user. Good luck ;_;

too close to home.

i broke up with my ex after she avoided me out of nowhere for several weeks. fuck it hurt - trying time and time again to reach out to her, being left with nothing; just wondering, being made to feel that small. i loved her so much.

just split after 5 years as well,
both realized we were an empty shell of what we used to be and was a mutual decision

hurts so incredibly deep
there is no music i know for this feeling

this song is good tho
soundcloud.com/mmmelanierose/218-prod-by-emune

and that's peoples mostly made mistake, giving them that much power, investing that much time into a person and building your life around them. its really true whoever is the one who loves lesser has all the power leaving the other out to dry

>planning to propose after 5 months

time to become based

I'm sorry. I have no idea what kind of anger or sadness you must be feeling. I would wish that on no one. I'll say it again; I'm so sorry, I would feel terrible if that were to happen to me.
Brian Eno: Ambient 1 - Music for Airports
If you're feeling shocked, or speechless.
youtube.com/watch?v=vNwYtllyt3Q
Death Grips - Bottomless Pit (take me seriously)
If you feel unbelievably angry, like you're in a hell of your own.
youtube.com/watch?v=iX_9icmMD-0&list=PL3fa2n-Fi00cBxuqdDFQGJEfS65KTJL_t
The Moody Blues - Days Of Future Passed
If you want to get better. Tomorrow's always another day.
youtube.com/watch?v=EpUVnyKvrWI
Guardians Of The Galaxy - Awesome Mix, Vol. 1
If you want to dwell on her, but with happy songs instead of depressing ones. It feels good to daydream, if not only for a moment. I know that sounds like terrible advice.
youtube.com/watch?v=pLKeZukedZo
The Residents - Meet The Residents
If you want to listen to something wacky and out there, to get your mind off of it all.
youtube.com/watch?v=vsGRasyHEEg
Devo - Q: Are We Not Men? A: We Are DEVO!
Less wacky, but still occupying. Helps you to get your mind on something else.
youtube.com/watch?v=d43gKl9xIME&t=1086s
Again, I'm so sorry for you. You must feel like you did nothing wrong, and I understand that. Please be okay, and get better soon.
Have a comfy wallpaper. Also, a good idea; get an occupying hobby. It helps to get your mind off of it.

Years

I'm sorry, you guys

I got dumped last night too

I whole-heartedly second The Glow Pt 2

Once NBBMN ends for me in 3 hours, I'll probably listen to that on repeat for a while.

The past little bit since then has been pretty much all the emotions you listed. I wanted to spend my life with her. Thank you user, you're a great person and I really appreciate the effort you've put into this post.

youtube.com/watch?v=G96dGO6_OEw

Not who you're talking to,

But you're a good person too, user.

I wish the best for you, in all things. I'm really sorry.

read infinite jest.

The best way to get married is to live together for seven years and just let it happen by law, so by the time you're married you'll know.

I understand, or at least I want to say that I do. I sincerely hope that you get better soon. I've always said love is the worst emotion in the book; it makes you do crazy things, then forces you to pay for them, no matter how good your intentions were. It's going to be okay. I know that's hard to believe right now, but I need you to believe me when I say that. It's going to get better. Don't fool yourself into thinking that you are a horrible person, or that you are not worthy, because you are absolutely worthy. You're here posting about it, you didn't just shrug it off. That shows you care. You care a whole lot. I respect that, we need more people on this rock who do. This will be hard to swallow, but life does go on, even if it's without her. Please, go on and be happy, even if she's not by your side. You can be happy without her.
Here's another album, just for consistency.
Frank Zappa & The Mothers Of Invention - Freak Out!
Helps to get you mind going somewhere else. Wacky. I'll start you off on "How Could I Be Such A Fool", I think it's a tad fitting.
youtube.com/watch?v=cpYmHNicnkQ
Have another comfy wallpaper. Always liked snow, like a blanket over the land. Except, cold instead of warm. Get better soon.

Bright Eyes might help. Feel better dude, you'll get through this

youtube.com/watch?v=FEKEjpTzB0Q

Dude, break ups happen. Just be happy that something is able to make you feel that good. Use that as incentive to keep moving forward, unhinged.

After a traumatic experience, it's okay to grieve for thirty minutes. Then you gotta keep moving forward, anything else is unhealthy.

The best strategy to get an ex back is to be positive. Tell her "Hey, I'd like to see you again sometime. Let me know if you change your mind. Take care!" and never message her again.

You're right not to chase her. Go full no contact and you'll only feel better and better. Some days will be tough, but if you get through them without breaking NC, you'll feel even better.

And yes I've had ex's come back by walking away. It's literally your only option. Anything else is self destructive, humiliating, and unhealthy.

The only cure for oneitis is time and finding another girl who makes you happy. Even being with girls you wouldn't date will make you feel better. You're currently addicted to the company of women and since your reliable source is gone, you're going through withdrawals. completely normal.

Become a stronger version of yourself. Focus on what matters right now. Your mission, your purpose, your career, your goals, your instrument, yourself. The love for yourself is the only thing that matters right now. When you're happy being single and wouldn't care if your ex ever texted you again, that is when you're finally ready for her to reach out to you. I've noticed that weird things happen, like as soon as I start dating a girl I really like, an Ex I was missing will text me out of the blue. The universe works in strange ways.

youtube.com/watch?v=peWLXJQLl5Q Pretty related. The endless chase of searching for happiness in others is a road that never ends. It's a dark forest with no way out.

>almost never actually put myself out there
>never had a gf, no close friends, spend my time alone in my apt when not at school/work
>Neighbor invites me to party at their place
>meet a qt and we drunkenly hook up after
>start hanging out and hooking up a couple times a week
>first non platonic relationship
>spending more time together over like 2months
>can tell she wants a "relationship"
>she's trying to play it off like shes cool with being pretty much just fwb
>never talk about it because Ive never done this before
>I do like hanging out with her and the sex is great I'm just nervous
>she casually says things every once in a while to test the waters
>says other guys have asked her out but she's rejected them cause she's satisfied, will bring up she's exclusive etc
>I usually just kinda brush it off
>finally one day she says her friends are all looking for boyfriends but she thinks we are doing alright in our situation with no labels
>we both end up agreeing that hat we have a good thing going and we should just keep doing this
>right after school/work get really busy for both of us
>we don't talk/message for like 2 weeks
>she hits me up to hangout but I'm out of town
>we agree to meet up when I get back
>message her a week later when I'm back in town
>no response after 3 days

welp it was fun while it lasted. Kinda bummed mostly with myself, I bet having a gf is nice, I'm just shit at giving people the attention they need

Music for this feel

just watch aspca commercials on youtube

.........a.........
.........m........
.........u.........
a m u Z u m
.........u.........
.........m........

amuse them, all of them, let them ALL burn, auburn, football

JUST

keep texting her every hour on the hour until she tells you to fuck off
you need this to be official, man

lol this

>just shit at giving people the attention they need

holy fuck is this ever a feel i feel too. i'm with you on that, man. i used to think i was a sociopath but that seems too extreme so i don't know. i can tell that i love people, but i just feel uncomfortable in conveying that love in any noticeable way.

This pic is retarded. This guy is expecting everybody to talk to him yet he is willing to talk to no one unless all other options are exhausted. He is lonely by his own choice, although there's also a chance that these people he wants to talk to share the same mentality, in which case, the whole thing is doomed. Fuck that mentality.

I sometimes think maybe I'm better off without a gf

because if I ever got dumped from something serious I'm not sure I'd ever recover

I feel for the pic a bit. Think of it as the guy who always starts a text conversation but his friends never start one with him.

not OP but i really needed to hear this. going a day without trying to communicate with her in some way is almost torture. I just get super depressed and have these deep, heavy feelings in my stomach. All I can do is think and think and think about her, but it's gotten RELATIVELY better since the break up. It's still so difficult not to try and communicate with her like everything is fine when I know she doesn't feel that way and I know she knows that.

that picure brings back some nostalgia. did you take it?

you really can't prepare yourself for it because it's a whole new feeling when it actually happens

THAT YOU ONLY HEAR THE MUSIC WHEN YOUR HEART BEGINNNS TO BREAK

-mcr

>Girlfriend of 4 and a half years dumps me the day before my 26th birthday
>Only woman I ever considered the notion of marrying and having children with
>Doesn't dump me, straight up walks out of the house with a satchel full of her clothes and says she is 'done' and never comes back
>Tells me she is seeing someone new just a few months later and never wants to see me again
>Through a fucking text message

Music for the Feel: UK Grime(Big Narstie, Devlin, English Frank, Akala) Eurobeat, Macross 82.

If you want to feel worse and get nostalgic and lovey dovey, then:

The entirety of 'AM,' Jethro Tull, Supertramp's 'Crisis? What Crisis?' Pink Floyd's 'Animals'

I think these are very important for you:

youtube.com/watch?v=FzCk8jjbLYE

'I will not be fine' by Justin Taylor. Back when Candyrat was more than just bored classical guitarists fapping.

youtube.com/watch?v=0dYPYAMxviw

Not worth explaining. Just do it.

youtube.com/watch?v=0SG6ZITbWpU

And then listen to as much Viking Metal as you can while working out and taking all the overtime hours at work that possibly exist. Throw your entire self into yourself, and then become better than the man that your woman left- that way, when things are rough in her life and she sees you next, you will be with a woman with as much intellect, poise, and purpose than she ever had- and she's hotter too.

damn man. woman are just a completely different creature

Looks like a painting, mate

Go and get her back you fucking numbnuts

you fucked up in that you didn't see it coming.
you require affirmative action for your ego
youtube.com/watch?v=hIq4UTgqDAc

6 years without a woman consistently in my life

i will kill god when i meet him.

>Become a stronger version of yourself. Focus on what matters right now. Your mission, your purpose, your career, your goals, your instrument, yourself. The love for yourself is the only thing that matters right now. When you're happy being single and wouldn't care if your ex ever texted you again, that is when you're finally ready for her to reach out to you. I've noticed that weird things happen, like as soon as I start dating a girl I really like, an Ex I was missing will text me out of the blue. The universe works in strange ways.

going through my own breakup and i'll be damned someone on this board made me feel better. good vibes to you fellow human

I've noticed I never really "miss" anybody. Like if they're directly in front of me I'll give you 100% of my attention, because I have no other choice otherwise, but if not then it's out of sight out of mind and I just won't reach out.

I can relate to that but what I'm trying to say is that the friend may be going by the same policy, waiting for the other guy to talk to him, except he is more patient about it. It's a sad thing, yes; but instead of moping over it I believe we should try to eradicate this way of thinking.
Maybe I'm taking this too seriously, I don't know.

right this really got to me. never thought I would see the GOSPEL on this god forsaken board

youtube.com/watch?v=KUP8npIMOQ4

when you're with someone for so long, you get lost in the mythology you both constructed for yourselves, and when it falls apart the prospects you had just disappear and the future just evaporates, and all you can do is ruminate on the past and the mythology and let them sharpen in your mind with each recollection, and try to endure the endlessly banal present. don't let it destroy you.

try Dawn by Mount Eerie.

youtube.com/watch?v=ZDpMhA_srcM

Bob Dylan - Blood On The Tracks

youtube.com/watch?v=3_iBKacXIA4

youtube.com/watch?v=2SF1iLXSQto

youtube.com/watch?v=ZTAhZKP5wCY

youtube.com/watch?v=lx_dEmt1alI

m.youtube.com/watch?v=-VVp-tKqFNY

The national - This is the last time

Chin up brother

Have a good cry dude.

youtube.com/watch?v=5L9V4t4YPnY