Be honest...

Be honest, were you one of those people that hated anime at first but then started growing on it and felt "whatever" to it? Or are you indifferent towards anime? I enjoy some anime but not many

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ysLIlDFYuS0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

As a kid I watched Dragon Ball, Dragon Quest (named Fly's Adventures where I live) and Saint Seiya (Knights of the Zodiac). They looked cool and I liked them.

Then on my teen years shit like Death Note and Hellsing were around and ever since then I've checked for good releases every now and then. So far the well seems to have dried up, though. The last I've watched were Parasyte and Blood Lad, and they were kind of a while ago.

I like a good anime, but I'm not willing to sift through all the shit just to watch a jap cartoon.

I first watched Akira on toonami on December 2013. I was only 17 but it was one of the most incredible things I had ever seen and left such a massive impression on me the months to come. After that, I began to regularly watch toonami when they first started playing DBZ kai (first episode was the over 8000 episode [it was 8000 on kai]) and kill la kill, michiko and hatchin and a few others. M n H also left a big impression because it was not over the top and super ridiculous, it was super based and kicked ass. The story was not about a school, Japan or other things like that. They had shoot outs and money and the dialogue was llalmost from movie, it really never felt like a TV show when it got intense. satoshi Batista was a major badass. I don't like to find anime and watch it. I don't care to go out and find some but usually, whatever plays on toonami is good enough for me cept Naruto, one piece and other very long series.

The only one I watched outside of toonami was cowboy bebop cause anyone that liked anime would say it's the greatest they had ever seen. Most anime suck but I found a medium that brings content I like.

Tldr: Akira was gateway and michiko and hatchin pushed what I thought could be anime.

I you don't like anime you don't belong on Sup Forums

I only really liked DBZ and Fullmetal Alchemist because they're not "asian" looking.Especially FMA wich happened in an alternate Europe.

this

Post more Edward

>ITT support group for the most insensical and shittiest quality cartoons on earth

I thought it was nerdy as fuck, then I saw Cowboy Bebop and Ghost in the Shell and got into them.

And by that point I was past the age where I gave a fuck if what I was watching was "cool" or not and admitted that I just like watching cartoons.

they were playing michiko and hatchin not to long ago on toonami and randonly took it down like mid series it felt or maybe close to the final episodes. At first I didnt care much for it but as i started to watch it, it grew on me. And started to really like it and was disappointed they took it down and now i didnt get to see the ending. Guess i gotta find a place to stream it and finish watching in subtitles

They didn't take it down mid series, there were a few marathons that happened during its run but they ran the whole thing. I recall cause I hadn't watched an episode and didn't want to watch the rest until I saw that episode. Months later, I went over to my friends and we decided to just say fuck it and finish watching the series. The ending is ok, im glad I got to finish it. The second to last episode is powerful. I'm pretty sure parasyte replaced it and that one's been over for a bit too now. Hunter x hunter took its place.

Oh ok. I just remember like maybe 6 months give or take a few ago it was on and been on for a while and remember getting really into it and i knew they were gonna start up up some new shows since others were coming to an end. And I remember watching it one week and and not seeing the next and saw it was replaced by parasyte.

I used to be a huge weeb. Watched every anime I could get my hands on, started drawing "anime" style, wanted to go to Japan to be a manga artist etc etc.

I'm considerably less like that now and refined my tastes, I've realised that a large percentage of anime is just garbage, but the good stuff can be REALLY good.

I often feel that disliking anime is just something done by people who haven't seen the right anime.

I mean, Akira, Ghost in the Shell? How are they anything other than just animated Cyberpunk films?

How are Miyazaki films anything but just great animated stories?

No. Anime is garbage. Ever since i was a kid i thought that shit was stupid. I haven't watched anything animated since i was 13.

>Be me
>Think anime is gay
>openly mock people that watch it
>friend gives me a binder of naruto and tells me to watch it
>swears its good
>fine you weaboo faggot
>been a weeb ever since

No regrats.

>BIG ANIME TIDDIES

Anime have the same stigma that video games used to.

They're nerdy guy things, so girls and "cool" guys make fun of them to distinguish themselves from the uncool losers.

I still hate anime but I've chosen to stop caring about it because it seems society has accepted it and hating something society accepts is a waste of time

I saw some anime when I was younger but even at that age a lot of it was tits and ass before Naruto came out, now days I don't really care for it. 9 times out of 10 it is eechi with maybe if you're lucky an ok story.

>Be friends with "that one kid"
>You know, the one that looks like he's always sweating, smells a bit odd
>I was a social outcast though
>not precisely for my looks, I'm... kinda plain
>I am however, "foreign". Being an American kid in England made you pretty unpopular

>He discovers, and gets into Naruto
>I'd not come across much anime. Fox Kids used to air Escaflowne once in a while, and when I was about 6, I discovered The Birth of Devilman, which I thought was incredibly kick ass, even though it was wildly inappropriate for my age
>He introduces me to Naruto
>Watch first episode with him
>It's kinda plain, has a laugh or two, he's purposefully gotten Japanese dub.
>Immediately notice that, whilst he's gotten the dub, he hasn't picked up on something. He's fucking pronouncing a name wrong. Being autistic, I'm kind of a stickler for this. I correct him on the name "Sasuke", indicating the proper pronunciation is not "Sasook" and that I don't understand how he got that when he can hear them saying it.
>watch another episode, lost interest. Escaflowne was more interesting, and it was girly

This guy went right the way down this very rabbit hole. He stunk of piss, he never bathed, he had the definitive jew-fro, and he wasn't actually a very good friend. He was the sort to invite you over so that he could play the video-games he got recently, whilst you watched. At most, we'd play Halo together.

But the piece that sealed it was the fucking Naruto headband. The moment he got that thing, he wore it everywhere. So picture curly jew-fro, sweat, piss, significantly overweight stature, a shitty long coat, and studded leather gauntlets.

I eventually discovered anime properly, watched a few decent ones. It's a very casual habit. I found DBZ first, watched the fuck out of that. I still watch it sometimes, and love it for how bad it can be.

For those wondering, I stopped hanging out with this guy years ago. I just did it out of pity after a while.

Oh, for those that don't know The Birth of Devilman, link fucking relevant

youtube.com/watch?v=ysLIlDFYuS0

I'm amazed I didn't get nightmares, or grow up with a fear of monster tits