Rappers with potential, or rappers you hope will find their stride

Rappers with potential, or rappers you hope will find their stride.

Earl Sweatshirt and Lil Ugly Mane

Denzel Curry has the potential to drop a masterpiece hip hop album of the decade. If he surrounds himself with more unique producers and tries to expand his flow and subject matter, I can see it happening.

Unfortunately it seems like he believes he hit some sort of magnum opus with Imperial. While it isn't a bad project, it was pretty bland and repetitive.

The Sun's Tirade is AOTY for me personally

a lot of rappers have potential but seem to share a common issue of constistency stopping them from achieving greatness

Love him. I hope he gets more recognition

Cakes. Dude is fucking savage when he wants but he needs to work on writing something really really great.

Smino

Mr. Muthafuckin eXquire
he dropped an EP that was pretty good but like no one listened to it
every just forgot he existed, i feel like he never got the appreciation he deserved

He has more than the Huzzah EP, there's 2 albums... His most recent Kismet is pretty good, it came out in 2013

but yeah, he is pretty slept on

Earll would benefit from completely ditching the Odd Future crew, and working more with FlyLo, Doom, and other producers.

I'm talking about his most recent EP, live forever

Mick jenkins

well shit, i didn't even know he had something new out... he needs better marketing, gonna have to check that out.

This

Also, Warm Brew are pretty good

his last album had OF production credit (left brain produced off top) other than that there was no OF involvement

Big KRIT. He's already made one fantastic album and a few other great ones, but he's been in a bit of a slump lately. I think he could still release a GOAT album, but maybe I'm just being delusional

He's one of those rappers that has the best verse on features but I can't get into his solo stuff.

Does anyone else fuck with Milo

So the flies dont come is beautiful album.

true, and it was the best shit he's done by far... i'm lookin forward to the next one

After Summertime '06, I think this dude is going to come out with the next hit.

Denzel has potential and is certainly very technically skilled, but doesn't strike me as someone who will develop the artistry of someone like kendrick. I'd love for him to prove me wrong though.

To me, Maxo Kream shows immense promise. He has one of the tightest flows around and is unrivaled in the degree of grit and grime he can achieve lyrically. He also has a biggie-esque affinity for vivid narratives which is refreshing when everyone else is on a stream of consciousness tip.

I've also got an eye closely watching vic mensa. He's been too inconsistent and his pop experiments don't work, but his greatest successes are excellent. The title track of There's Alot Going On is a top 10 rap track of the year. He says his album will follow in that emotional/autobiographical/personal vein, so I'll be first in line to hear it