Skate/Longboaring General Bread

Skate/Longboaring General Bread

Not sure where else to make this post and I'm mainly on Sup Forums so

Let's see what you skate, favorite thing to do i.e. Tricks or bombing hills, and your usual skating clothes

I ride a Landyachtz Dhingy (Pic) and I like to bomb hills and commute. Usually wear dickies or jeans, black vans, and a t-shirt or sweater with my favorite hat. Also I live in CA if anyone wants to include their location.

Other urls found in this thread:

daddiesboardshop.com/
longboardlarry.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

i made longboarding cool in my neighborhood, the cops kept suspending my liscense

Girl decks pretty much exclusively along with some indy trucks and bones wheels. I skate a lot of street, and I am trying to get better at flat bar.
Nollie flips over a hip is by far the best thing.

I like to ride mine between classes on campus to save time, also go on night rides alot by the beach. CA here as well

Pic related.

Good way to save time for sure, I love night riding I can only imagine it's great by the beach. Fuck yeah on that Landyachtz though! Love the company

Nice, sounds like a good time. I wish I was better and tricks and being able to Ollie over shit. Any tips? My board is actually kinda heavy so there's that.

My two babies

FUCKING CHECKED

Those are sweet though, you do tricks or anything? Or just like to cruise around?

checked. also i ride with dickies jeans, plain shirts 40 cal glock or snub 38. i just cruise im too heavy and too tall to do any tricks. dont want to break anything.

here

I wana put some avenue trucks and some long board wheels on this deck with risers. Good idea?

>avenue trucks
ive been wanting to try out those trucks. and yes risers to atleast, are always a must

I live on the east coast though and the skate scene is pretty much nonexistent in my area. Practice, and I mean a shitload of it. Set goals for yourself, like I'd force myself to do 100 of a certain trick before I could get a break or go home. Watch a lot of skating too, every great artist finds inspiration in others.

here's the board I use op.
i don't know too many tricks, I can do Ollies and nollies and I can bowl ride decently.
i don't know what to work on next, it's too hot to skateboard but I can get passed it if I had a goal.
my board is old, had it about 7 years and I've only really started to use it.
i usually wear sk8-hi vans, skinny Levi's and a T-shirt I usually buy from hot topic or Tilly's, even goodwill occasionally.

Alright, I like to watch a lot of others so I'll continue to do that and set goals, thanks for the inspiration and tips!

Yo that would be a seriously sick cruiser you could still do tricks with and even nail some hills. I'd say go for it.

Feel you on that, I've been losing weight thanks to skating but I'm like 6"2 and 238lbs so. I can pop curbs and bomb hills at my size so I would say don't be afraid to take some chances, it pays off and is super fun. Just stay low to the ground and bend your knees, if you're gonna fall- roll. I learned that the hard way and both my knees are still paying the price for it.

I dislocated and fractured my knee doing a varial kickflip on flat.

lol ive been skating since i was 7 bro (23 now) haha im 6'4 260 pounds if i bust my ass i'll be fucked. i cruise pretty fast and bomb hills always with my trusty foot breaking skills. i once bombed a big ass hill, got speed wobbles and BAM haha i fucked my shit up this was about 3 years and 30 pounds ago haha

I'm just saving up to get the trucks and wheels rn, excited.
Heck yeee.

aye, i ride switch 40s too. fucken amazing

I trimmed off some of the back because the pintail gets fucking annoying sometimes. Recently cracked one of the trucks pretty good, still holding together though.

Thought about getting one of these, anyone know where I can get started at? Also some tips for beginners learning how to ride

bumping thread

Yea love it, need a new one though. I had the the ten two four before this, also a great board

physically cringed just now

>fat sons of bitches who can't pop an ollie talk about skateboarding

Stfu poor fag, anyone can pop an ollie

To each his own. First time painting grip tape.

I'll just leave this here

Omen boards are pretty dandy

I hate children.

Repeating digits are pleasing to people with classic autism. These people enjoy recognizing patterns and are often infatuated with numbers.

The very definition of mental illness.

Look it up, it's fairly common knowledge.

Continuing

Skater scrub here trying to get back into it. What companies make quality decks? Normal skateboard btw not longboard.

Amen, fuck these stupid kids.

serious question, is 280 lbs too fat to longboard?
i used to skate when i was younger and am interested in longboarding.

there's not a big difference in quality between any of the popular brands. just pick one you like

280 is too fat for anything

Give it a try you fat fuck.

Daddies is a great shop to buy from, often have great deals.
daddiesboardshop.com/

Longboard larry makes great stuff.
longboardlarry.com/
Super knowledgeable and nice staff if you want to call in and have q's. Highly recommend the DK penguin for everything but downhill.

silverfishlongboarding.com is a great community site.

Thanks mang

Ya, and don't worry about spergelords like Just skate and enjoy yourself.

how much tail does that thing have angle wise? hard to tell

all me douche bag child.

Meant
For you.

How does me telling him to ignore people who bring him down make me a douchebag?

Skating on this currently, been using a pair of lakai shoes and they're comfy as fuck. mostly just cruise around where I live and go down the easier hills.

Haven't been skating long and didn't want to make a big investment on a board because I wasn't sure if I'd actually skate so I bought it off a mate for $65

Because you have no job and skate board. Get a job you fucking child and stop being a burden to your parents. Nigger.

1 of my 2 longboards, madrid NYC shield

2nd longboard, Long Island Octopus

that is some gay shit right here

Loaded Tan Tien and Dervish Sama ? My dream boards

Practice is what works best for me. Just get use to riding all around your city and slowly get use to ollieing over obstacles and keep doing that and you will get use to it. I ride to school and I occasionally Ollie on and off curbs and I'm pretty use to it by now from doing it so much and being familiar with the obstacles.

Long boards are for faggots who can't actually skate

Skateboards are for children that have no jobs and are doomed to clean floors and fix lawn mower engines for the rest of their lives.

engineering student and skater reporting in, salty fag

No job.

>engineering
>no job
mfw

Are you that dumb, user ?

I ride a Tugboat and have a shitty complete Popsicle to learn ollies and tricks with. Thinking of getting a dinghy to ride at parks- should I or should I just stay with what I've got?

I had a longboard once, got it from a kid who wanted to trade it for beer.

I live way way outside the city so not alot of good places to ride, i took it with me to the city every time i went. After a few times i get confident and decide to go down a hill. Best feeling ever, i take on all the hills in town and im the fucking kring.

One day me and my friend goes to the next town over, very old town, cobbled streets N shit, its shitty riding but we find a rideable hill, a hill way steeper than anything Ive ever tried before. Its about one mile long but the last bit has a small crest and then gets supersteep before leveling out and connecting to a narrow cobbled street.

We bomb down the hill and its fantastic, untill we hit the crest, we both get air but somehow my buddy fudged the landing, broke his nose, a few ribs and a wrist. I speed towards the ned of the hill and crash into a fucking stroller, this sends me through the air, into a fucking wall, fractured my spine and cracked my skull.

Fuck longboards

longboard is wrong board