Is there an essential rock chart?

Is there an essential rock chart?

Any subgenres; metal, shoegaze, whatever

No

why not?

Just this

Also Scaruffi's all time favourite rock albums are basically the essentials.

I plan on making one, some day, or more like a flowchart but ordered in a historical and "genealogical" way.

That'd be really cool lad. Found some of my fav records from pseudo droning your chart, if that doesn't sound weird as fuck.

Bold move user

>All this fusion

>2 Hawkwind records
>3 CAN records
>3 Faust records
>All this Gong
>All this Pink Floyd
>Funkadelic
>Miles Davis
>Fela Kuti, not even his best

>No Safe as Milk or TMR
>No Velvet Underground
>No Beatles
>No Led Zeppelin
>No Jimi Hendrix
>Not even the best Doors' album
>No Frank Zappa
>No Rolling Stones
>No Talk Talk
>Not even the best Soft Machine album
>Not even Jethro Tull's best album

Is this the worst chart on Sup Forums

No seriously what is this even trying to be.

>Led Zeppelin

>Not realising exactly how impactful and important their early studio albums are

even if you were trying to be some edgy pseudo contrarian, if you make a rock chart without acknowledging the importance of their music then you are an untrustworthy fool. You can understand a band's influence without having to enjoy their music you know.

underrated

I like them and I still wouldn't put them on a chart.

Sure that's cool. We all start somewhere and it's way better than just listening to the Sup Forumscore chart which should just die forever.

okay dad

Without their debut rock probably wouldn't have even made it to the mid 70s. They set a path and proved that rock music could survive on the long-playing album. Where prior to that rock music was almost primarily distributed as singles.

As said, you can understand and appreciate a band or artists impact on the music industry without directly enjoying their music.
Even if you didn't want to put Led Zeppelin on a chart, it's difficult to assume that most rock would even exist in LP form without their music being as big as it was.
One band managing to convince an entire industry that "This can work, look at us making it work" is incredible.

lol
>>>/reddit/

>user is triggered because he thinks I like Led Zeppelin

I never said I like Led Zeppelin - I actually infered that I don't enjoy their music, multiple times infact.
Ignoring a band's influence and impact is nothing more than ignorant and straight up retarded.

Without Led Zeppelin, enjoy them or not. Some of your favourite rock LPs simply wouldn't exist. That is nothing more than a fact.