ITT

The first album that made you cry

Other urls found in this thread:

kayodot.bandcamp.com/track/the-manifold-curiosity
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Full Speed by Kid Ink was very sad and sadness inducing, there was a woman which was saying that I've got no money and I actually didn't have any money and that was sad.

What track and why
What track and why

OP here, it was about half way through Only Skin, the lyrics and everything just hit me all at once whilst I was sat looking out at a beautiful view, I've never cried like that before over beauty

I've never cried from music. Is this weird?

I haven't cried in years. At the most my eyes water up but no more than if I got hayfever. Put the song summertime on after a rough week and bawled like a baby.

I was 20 when I first cried at an album, dunno if that means anything

first and only so far

Name of album?

says it in the title and you could google image but la dispute - somewhere at the bottom of the river between vega and altar

Thanks, I'll listen (:

The first time i heard Book of Soul i couldnt hold it in. Especially when his voice cracks when detailing how alori killed herself.

Sawdust & Diamonds and Only Skin make me cry like a bitch. I love this album more than anything else.

OP here, I like you a lot, and your musc taste

I was pretty young, 13/14 I think , driving back from my uncle's funeral with my old man. It was my uncle's favorite album and he was the one who introduced my dad to it when they were growing up together in Ireland

Fantastic album

Way up in heaven
We are gonna Heaven

Nah, some people make an emotional connection with things, some don't.

In Japanese To English when he says "what if I/laid my head down on your stomach/and put my mouth to your hand?" I just wept.

I'm guessing Pet Sounds is too obvious of an answer. "Emily" off of Ys made me tear up for some reason, and "A Pillow of Winds" by Pink Floyd gets me.

Pet sounds? LEL that album is like someone slapping you across the face whilst giving you praise, just confusing

I don't think it's very confusing. The music definitely doesn't match the lyrics in tone, but that was obviously the whole point.

I meant imotionally confusing

I was in a bad state of mind when I listened to it.

Modest Mouse - Little Motel was the first song that made me cry
Danny Brown's last verses on 30 were the last.

Still mad fantano gave this album only a 6. Probably the only time i felt his rating was way off

kinda connected to my life being fukd up

This board is 18+

This record is so great man, for some reason Quito gets me every time

Philistines won't recognize the beauty of the penultimate track.

SHOVING OUR HEADS STRAIGHT INTO THE GUTS OF THE STOVE
HOME AGAIN GARDEN GROVE

no bully pls, i was like 13 and Encoder was the best thing I had ever heard at that point

every single track on this album can make me cry, only skin gets me the most though i think. such a beautiful album

let me guess, IFHY?

I fucking love Vince Staples but I think Fantano was right on his critique. It should have less tracks and he isn't making it clear that it's his album when often I felt like the beats rule over the rapping.

This is a comfy thread

Or you could just fucking say it with out being a twat

AND IN MY DREAMS YOU'RE ALIVE AND YOU'RE CRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYIIIIIIIIIIIING

Freshman in high school, struggling with depression and suicidal thoughts. Someday You Will Be Loved and Brothers On A Hotel Bed spoke to me on an emotional level I had not experienced before.

i used to listen to IFHY and fantasize about my crush even though our conversations were literally just me trying to show her memes and getting one word replies

pic related

for me it's cotton

Pleb I bet you didn't even see the installation of this piece

>out in the desert we'll love carefree

I REMEMBER WHEN WE WERE IN HIGHSCHOOL OUR DREAMS WERE LIKE FUGITIVE WARLORDS

Don Aman hit me in the feels and the riff on the Washer just destroyed me.

>I recognize this cover

I don't know if I should feel like I have some knowledge about music, or i've spent just too much time doing nothing and listening to music.

It's not a particularly obscure album but it's really great

I need to listen to this again desu

Hurt my ears and didn't hear much worth coming back to in 99 percent of the songs but like you said the second-to-last one with the strings made my jaw hit the floor

What's the rest of his discography like?

>hurt my ears
don't bother with his discog u fucking plen

what sarah said really got to me

listened to this after a death in the family. the last four tracks are such a rollercoaster of emotion

The arrangements are nice, it's the beats themselves.

Sorry I haven't ruined my hearing beyond repair enough that the constant high-pitched beeps don't bother me

>taking pride in being a total pleb
please

I actually cried on a bus back home listening Two Headed Boy pt.2

fuckin embarrassing man :(

Probably not the first, but this was the first album to make me cry when i wasn't feel particularly sad.

From 'Day In The Life Of A Tree' to close is a suckerpunch to my heart

I wish I could

It's not a particularly obscure album to be honest.

The rest of his discography is great as well, but it doesn't deal so much with emotion like that Dataplex track.
Test Pattern is minimalism without melodies and it works. I remember some seriously great moments with it.
+/- is very "psychological" and kind of fun.
You could also check Cyclo. Id, with #0,1,5 being my favorites.

It really isn't that terrible. Test Pattern is worse yet still very listenable and great.

You already posted it
>and there was a silence you took to mean something

Pic related always gets me at the end of the title track but I haven't like wept to it if that makes sense, it just gets my eyes watery.

Two Headed Boy Pt. 2 hits hella close to home.

Did you wash yourself in your tears?

>thinking youre getting through the whole album without crying
>afterburner comes on

Haven't ever cried to music.

This.
I honestly wish I was lying.
>Listen to Airplanes days after my grandfather died
>He flew bombers in WWII
>Can't stop crying
>Still get choked up when I hear the song

im sorry about your grandpa man. love this album too

Thanks man, it's been a couple years since he died so the sting has mostly faded, but god damn does that song still slay me

Tfw no gf :'(

Sea Song almost always gets me

Also this

it's one of my life goals to go to a ryoji ikeda installation

>crying to music
sack up anons. want to cry watch a movie

> my little dove, why do you cry?

>"A heart that's full up like a landfill
A job that slowly kills you
Bruises that won't heal"

the climax and anticipation of storm used to really get to me

me too.

itaots might be a meme with a lot of obscure, meaningless lyrics but there's some sincere emotion in there too.

Time as a Symptom and the last two minutes of Sapokanikan used to make me tear up a bit.

I like her butt

Ive cried to all these

I had a Shroom Trip where Echoes just fucking shattered me

Pic-Related breaks my heart at points. People always say it's sexy but it definitely has a healing tone

Holy Shit makes me cry, especially if I'm listening to the album all the way through

i almost did

same i still dont know why though it just sounds so fucking depressing

I don't know, I've cried many times while listening to music before.

But I don't think I have ever cried as hard as when I heard the ambient section of Family for the first time. My dog had just died and I was back in uni after taking a year off due to depression. Didn't know anyone, didn't feel like doing anything.
It was really overwhelming.

I don't cry while listening to it anymore but still find it very very very beautiful.

Time as a Symptom gives me chills, but it's the second half of Anecdotes that makes my eyes watery

Yeah this got me before Bowie died, now Rock 'N Roll suicide just...

Yeesh

Dark Tranquility - Lethe.

Not even joking. Two Headed Boy Pt. 2 fucking gets me sometimes

Agreed, songs like Pendulum and Closer hit pretty hard

Peacocks put a lump in my throat for some odd reason.

International Small Arms Traffic Blues was the one that got me

Fucking Alvin Row man

Not the same guy, but I don't think it's for a lack of emotional investment, I'm just very rarely the type to cry at a piece of media unless it specifically replicates something I've experienced in life. Music tends to draw on more abstract and nebulous emotions imo. Song below draws out heavy feels but not quite tears when the clarinet and guitar kicks in around 4:40.

kayodot.bandcamp.com/track/the-manifold-curiosity

Lover, You Should Have Come Over

Beannigger

>listened to this after a death in the family.
Interesting. I also listened to Lichen after my Grandmother died.

I was 15 depressed and then my parents just divorced which turned me suicidal and Candy Says just connected to me on a spiritual level
>I'm gonna watch the blue birds fly
>over my shoulder
>I'm gonna watch them pass me by
>Maybe when I'm older
>What do you think I'd see
>If I could walk away from me

I'm dead inside so never. Sad really.

Came here to post this

This. Every song here is just pure sadness

>i forgive you mother i can hear you
>i just want to be near you
gets me every time