Well?

Well?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=xo5G8gRwmaA
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

music sucks

true desu

Chance the Rapper is grossly overrated and "3" was just obnoxious and crass but people still loved it because it's like a feel-good underdog story coming from a young chicago rapper that claims to be independent.

The new Childish Gambino songs are corny and try-hard - his new album is not going to live up to the hype.

did you completely miss the part where it say "unpopular"?

for mine,
IDLSIDGI > To pimp a butterfly

also, Candi is my favourite song on Chocolate and Cheese

music is objective, people are just ignorant and deluded.

Everything I've posted here for 8 years :-(

Chance the Rapper is boring and vanilla as fuck. Boards of Canada's Magic Window has more life and energy than anything he's ever performed.

Gambino is a hack. I was doing some volunteer work at a music festival, backstage stuff and when he was there he'd constantly whine and act all "depressed" and argued a lot with some of the volunteers for no reason. Dude is a dick

>Mr. Bungle's s/t is one of the worst albums of all time
>Chance the rapper is the definition of memerap
>Kendrick Lamar is just OK
>Oasis is better than Blur
>Sigur Ros is better than Godspeed in many ways
>OK Computer is the best Radiohead album, AMSP is the second best
>Nirvana is shit
>Grunge is a shit genre
>Liking jazz or avant music or classical does not make you a more advanced listener.
>Industrial music is shit

electro swing could turn into a respectable genre if the autists were killed off

i like the new burial

Blueprint 3 is one of Jay Z's best albums.

Graduation is fantastic and underrated.

The only flat-out bad album Bowie released in the 80s (as solo) was Never Let Me Down The others are at LEAST an 8/10.

Operation Doomsday doesn't hold a candle to DOOM's other projects.

90s Michael Jackson > 80s Michael Jackson.

Daron Malakian of System of a Down is a great singer.

The Nylon Curtain is one of the best composed albums of the 80s.

>did you completely miss the part where it say "unpopular"?

Did you miss the constant threads and posts here praising these guys? And their millions of fans?

best dylan

Not him, but there's been tons of posts lately bashing the new Gambino album. People on here (seem to) hate it.

This album is beautiful and artistically significant

In the Aeroplane Over the Sea is overrated and not very good

I agree

Probably because they got all hopeful after hearing the singles off the album. Sure, they were a big shift from his previous work but that doesn't mean they were good songs. Serves them right desu

This. I cannot comprehend how someone could think it's higher than a 4/10. And Childish Gambino is a textbook definition of a hack. Just look up the short film he made.

>unpopular

Tripfags made this board fun and the new wave of them is pure concentrated cancer

I feel sorry for Gary Glitter

AJ Tracey is the only patrician rapper.

Jim O'Rourke is one of the best musicians ever.

not the consensus but not unpopular at all

Skrillex is a really good producer, writes fun songs, and is an excellent performer.

Djent is actually pretty good

yes it does make you more "advanced" than someone who doesn't get them, in those specific fields, and in general if you don't shy away from other sorts of music eg mainstream pop or emo or whatever either
advancing towards what? a universal appreciation for music. it's disgusting that some boneheads pride themselves in dismissing things, especially ones they know almost nothing about

>corny and try-hard
pfft those are the worst, most closed-minded meme criticisms ever

Montie is a trip

Kiss Me by Sixpence None the Ritcher is a cute song and I like it

I agree. Isn't this a general consensus?

I've been studying and playing music for years.

And Deathconsciousness is up there as the greatest album of all time.

me too

Queen is a great band and everything they put out in the 70's was top tier and underrated. They deserve all the popularity they got and get way too much hate on here

I think nu-swans are boring.

AnCo is terrible.

Metallica was never good

>pfft those are the worst, most closed-minded meme criticisms ever

Between the album art, album/song titles, and overall level of production it's clear that he put a lot of effort into his new sound and style (in effect, he tried hard.) Unfortunately it wasn't well-executed so the end result wasn't very unique or impressive. It sounded more like Donald Glover doing musical impressions of artists and styles he thinks are cool - basically, it's corny af.

Ok?

I think the new justice album is s really excellent dance album with nuance. It's veridis quo the album. People will come around to it.

Radiohead are kind of silly. Their music is beautiful but hearing a grown man talk about how tortured he is for 20 years is immature. They're the kings of passing off non commitment as deft strokes.

Jenny Death is best death grips.

Rap is honestly pretty embarrassing lyrically.

Everything is pop music. Everything.

Hospice by The Antlers is mediocre

Nu Nine Inch Nails is really good and Hesitatio Marks is the best work Trent has made since post-Fragile

Blackstar is AOTY

Music should not be for free and avaible for free in so many places like YouTube.

No matter what age the artist can sign about whatever he wants and it is not immature, at least if honest and sincere, things like depression do not consume your life only when you are in your twenties.

Johnny Cash is overrated. He is an amazing artist who deserves his popularity, but the love people have for him is over-blown

What this user said When an artist makes a cover version on a song from another artist I have less respect for that cover. Even if my favorite artist covers something I feel like that song is "less". And I get furious when normies think that the cover is the original. Pisses me off to no end.

Of all the bands Linkin Park was least deserved to get memed. Stuff like Limb Bizkit, Simple Plan are somehow loved by normies yet they meme on Linkin Park, don't get me wrong it is deserved. But the fact that these awful "artists" go unnoticed shows me that most of recent dislike towards Linkin Park is just a herd mentality.

I am really sad that so much people use music as a background noise and never actually listen to it, what it say and what message it is trying to send you, whenever good or bad.

I am sad that so much people choose to listen just to singles and not experience the beauty of some full albums, it is their choice, I am just sad that people have no idea what in some cases they are missing.

Take Me To Your Leader is the best DOOM/Geedorah record

mumble rap and trap is one of the greatest things to happend to a music genre period.

How is 3 "obnoxious" tho? I get not liking it, but it's just very VERY weird to call it obnoxious, what other things do you find obnoxious if 3 qualifies in your book?

Pet Sounds is good, but not a masterpiece. Same goes for Remain in Light.
Love of Life is one of the best Swans albums, and The Great Annihilator isn't that great.

>music is objective

Not really. You're wrong and that's an untrue statemente. Kys.

>white people trying to have an opinion on rap and black culture

Stick to metal, white boy.

I liked In The Wake Of Poseidon a lot more than I did In The Court Of the Crimson King, I think it's because the songs were longer on ITWOP and it had a jazzier feel to the whole thing, as well as having a theme track throughout the album

>>Mr. Bungle's s/t is one of the worst albums of all time

that's the entire point of their music

Van Dyke's lyrics make it borderline impossible for me to get into SMiLE.

Death Grips should have stopped after NLDW.

Worst ITT

LYSFLATH

They're obtuse for no reason other than to sound "poetic" most of the time. The best tracks are the ones where there's little to no actual word play.

The lonesome crowded west is not modest mouse's best album.

The Beatles suck

Wtf then who's best album is it?

Hahahahahaha you think skin color is a qualifier of legitimacy on opinions? Spoken like a true nigger

>Rap/Hip Hop is a shit genere except for a few artists
>AOTS is generic lo-fi hipster shit
>AMSP is AOTY with Blackstar
>Movement is New Order best album

>AMSP
>Blackstar
>AOTY
Pic related

Cheap Trick is more patrician than any other band or artist

all of these are basic bitch opinions held by plebs
embarassing
or atleast not far from it

lol @ you for persisting in being a fuckboy for 8 years

and u know it lm@o

>>>/Facebook/

I do Not even memeing.

White people really can't relate to rap or hip-hop, so I believe that any opinion that a white person has on them is pretty much irrelevant.

>unpopular

he was probably suffering from electrical infetterence

>AMSP is AOTY with Blackstar
How the fuck did you manage to miss the point of this thread so hard. That's literally the most generic AOTY choice possible.

>being this uppity

Lynch yourself

Aaaaah I fucking love it. Guilty pleasure for sure

drakes "6pm in new york" is the best hip hop song of the past 5 years

Impopular for Sup Forums or impopular for everyone?

The Wall is the greatest concept album of all time.

it's good, but not that good

Holy shit you're actually retarded.

bet you've used the word orwellian in the last 3 days irl

Jokes on you, I had to google that word.

drake, Kanye, gambino and earl are pure shit and their music is awful

That's not unpopular

I seriously think that Kendrick Lamar is terrible. He just sucks at rapping. He has occasional good moments like Ronald Reagan Era

Reagan was horrid for income inequality and he tried to force religion into secular schools

I like the new Childish Gambino (-:

Animals is the best pink floyd album and tdsotm is really good too
everyone who thinks their early albums are better is just an annoying hipster

agree

New Eminem is amazing and MMLP2 was a masterpiece

Blank Face >>>>>>> To Pimp a Butterfly

Beach boys>Beetles

i like new eminem but mmlp2 had its filler songs

Posting waifu so i don't get too much hate

-Loveless is a great album, but nowhere near Souvlaki

-East Coast 90's Hiphop is kinda boring. Once you've listened to a shitload of New York artists for years on end it gets really repetitive, especially the solo work of the guys in Wu-Tang. West Coast and Southern hiphop overall has more variety.

-Endtroducing and Donuts are both overrated as hell, DOOM's special herbs are much better

-Carrie and Lowell was actually pretty good

-Animal Collective is fucking garbage

-Hospice is a shit album

-Modern Hiphop, even underground acts, is generally boring.

Ok here goes
>Dubstep is shit, with the exception of one or two skrillex songs
>Coldplay are far better than Radiohead and, especially U2 (who are probably the worst band of all time)
>Blur's only good song is Song 2 and they really are talentless dickheads.
>Oasis is far better than Blur by a long shot and are the only good Britpop band besides Coldplay.
>Mumford and Sons and Imagine Dragons are actually pretty good and should be commended for being some of the few good indie bands who infiltrated the mainstream
>Music definitely has gone somewhat downhill and the shear quantity of music released nowadays means that good music is harder to find
>Trip-hop is shit (Even Burial and Massive Attack)
>Queen, Pink Floyd, and The Beatles were really great bands and are probably the most influential artists of the 60s, 70s, and 80s.
>Nirvana was the second best artist of the 80s and the best artist of the 90s.
>UK Garage music is the best thing to come out of the 2000s and bands like the white stripes, the strokes, the libertines, and the arctic monkeys were defining bands of the decade
>I really don't like "Oldschool" or "newschool" rap music, but Gorillaz are the best rap group and one of the most creative and innovative bands of the 2000s
>I don't really like much any music released this decade except by established bands
>Metal is not for kids and is a great genre
>Most indie music like fun. and capital cities is crap for girls
>Electronic music isn't a talentless genre (See: Deadmau5 and Daft Punk) but most people who make it are talentless hacks and it barely counts as music
>most Sup Forumscore is shit
>Daft Punk are actually really good and are deserve to be famous
>I don't think that songs without singing are good
>I think jazz is boring
>I think people who still download or own digital copies of music instead of just using spotify and youtube are stupid. And I think people who still buy physical music are even worse and are hipsters.

classic

Good argument. Like I said, stick to metal.

Kendrick's features are usually way better than his own songs.

This pop song by Timbaland and Miley Cyrus is one of the best pop songs ever

youtube.com/watch?v=xo5G8gRwmaA

This is the opposite of what is true

Twenty One Pilot's Blurryface is one of the very few actually relevant pop album of this decade

Stressed Out is catchy as fuck

You misspelled "annoying"

godspeed you black emperor are shit