Does life get better?

Does life get better?

>18
>suffer from depression
>gf is no more but she holds my heart
>graduated year 12 but only job is Reffing football
>go to sleep, wish I don't wake up.

Oldfags does life get better than this? I can't think of a reason I want to wake up when I go to sleep in 20 minutes. And does heartbreak last forever? Will I always feel like this?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mCkSpnM_Oi0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

No.

Stays about the same with fleeting moments of forced happiness for others benefits at your expense.

You're only 18. It gets much worse! Enjoy being 18 as long as you can. I had a kid at 19, never got to experience what it's like to be a free young adult. Grasp it and enjoy every moment because once you're in adulthood there's no going back. But at least you will be able to know you lived life to its fullest.

I would have killed myself already but my dads father hung himself and my older brother has already tried 3 times. I feel I'd be the starting dominoe and my death will take down my whole family one by one

/thread

Time heals everything, life is full of positive experiences waiting to be had. You just have to put yourself out their again. Also depression can overwhelm your mind with negativity so go seek help. Get back on track.

Also Sup Forums isnt a good place to seek advice lol

Youre young as hell still, stop worrying about shit. Life has its ups and downs. The problems never go away they just change and evolve learn how to deal with the stress

I'm sure having a kid at so young must have made you settle Down a lot earlier than you wanted.

Cheers man, going to talk to my dad in the morning. My ex who I was with for 2 years would hold me every single time things were bad but after 2 weeks she's moved on and left me here alone and now I have no one. So I'm just struggling to find a reason to hold on

> Does life get better
> 18
> 18
> God damn 18

generation of pussies holy fuck.

I never got a say in the situation and it was really hard for me to adapt. I was doing all sorts of drugs at the time and had no perception of my future. My plan was to go hard and die young.
I thank my kid every day for changing my life but I often wonder how happy I would be if I made it to this point without him. Chances are I wouldn't have made it this far though.

Bruh depression hits hard has nothing to do with my age grandad killed himself brothers tried 3 times dad forces himself to be a sheep and work 9-5 sisters moving back to England before she ends up hanging from the roof. Once depression is in your system everything you see is different to how it js

nihger you're 18, slay.

Fuck man what a story, if that was my situation id thank my son every day for being the sole reason I'm still on this earth. Bet he doesn't realise he's changed your whole life for the better. Hope you and your son/family are healthy mate.

Depression is a bitch, I know it all too well. Just find a goal and stick to it. Start small and work your way up. The more goals you reach, you will find you keep getting happier.
Depression will hit hard in cycles, you just have to stick to your guns and brave through it. once you've learned to control your depression, you will find happiness.

Your life will only get better if you do something to make it better. Life won't just hand you opportunities. Go out and work for it if you want a better life, don't just sit around doing nothing expecting a miracle to be shat from the sky.

He's only 3 years old and I don't plan on ever telling him. I don't want him to know what kind of person I was before him. I just know that if he starts to end up in my situation, I will do everything I can to prevent him from ending up how I had become.

nah it gets worse
ull meet another girl who u will think is better than the one that just left you
and in 5 years shell leave aswell
you will then learn the lesson learned by all smart men
women dont stay
use them for what you can but never get attached or pursue a long term relationshipzm

Cheers man that speaks to me on many levels, have a welsh background so I'm incredibly well built and strong so ATM I'm living at the gym getting swole so I'm using that as a distraction from everything else in my head

basically how I feel

Forgot to mention, one of the biggest factors for me sticking to being there for him was that my parents gave up on me a long time before 18. It grew a sense of hate for everyone in the world. Everything was so dark and full of pain. I was all alone. I will not let that happen to him, it's a dark place that grows in your heart that does not fade easily. I'm still working through it. I still want to kill myself every day. But I won't.

Yes, life gets dramatically better as time goes on. Its cause is an accumulation of experience. You feel so bad now because it's new to you, but it isn't new after you've been through it. So the next time life takes a hot steaming shit on your chest, you'll be used to the shit smell and you can relax.

You'll get over it. I guarantee it. Time is the only thing that heal your heart. It will help if you use your pain and harness that in a productive and proactive manner. Self-destruction always makes you worse.

Goodluck bruh. Also your brain is still developing, which may have some impact on your perspective. When you're 25 your brain is fully developed. But that explanation is more of a guess.

Working out is, in my opinion, one of the best things for depression. It gives you a pain to focus on not being numb, it gives you goals, and you get noticeable rewards. So much to gain. But don't limit yourself to just that. Learn something new, be it computer skills or something like guitar. Never limit yourself.

Good call man, very understandable.

When he hits 15 just keep an eye on who he's associating himself with and if they're involved with any hard forms of drugs

Fuck man thats crazy!!! I can't imagine how your life might have been if your little boy didn't show up and meet you

I know exactly what to keep my eyes out for. I won't deal with it the same way my parents did. I will find out why he wants to take drugs and help him through his problems. 15 is actually when I started smoking weed and before I was 16 I was trying out coke, x, basically anything without a needle. I hate needles so thankfully never got into that.
People who say weed isn't a gateway drug are wrong. As a teenager, weed is a gateway drug. As an adult, not so much. But as a teenager you find that high and start looking for more.

Cheers man, very positive and good way to look at life! Much appreciated

Im 26 graduated college with a bachelor's in computer science. I've had 8 jobs in 6 years. Currently unemployed kissless virgin, it doesn't get better user

It's funny because I wasn't even allowed to see him. Even after changing my entire life, moving back to my hometown to be with him.(this all happened before he was even born) It took me 3 years of court and 60 grand to get to have full visitation with him. I don't even know why I did it. I didn't want a kid. I could have just stayed working where I was, off the grid. But something made me do all these things for him.

One day when you have a beer with your son sitting at the beach you'll look back and KNOW all the struggle has paid of for the beautiful soul sitting next to you

Originalfag here.

No.

Good news though. It does get much worse! Enjoy today.

That is so true, it's a day I shall look forward to. Thanks user. Sometimes it helps to let all this out, gives me clarity

Since this full of negativity I thought Id share my story..
>Be me 18 forced into military private school for grade 12
>bullied everyday, got no girls, loser and depressed
>enrolled in college, got a full time job and grinded throughout college ignoring everyone but myself

Now 4 years later at 22 I have a great girl who does everything for me, engineering consulting business, own shares in corporations across the american northeast and closing on my first house next year. Get on that grind and you will find happiness.

bro it gets way better, and what you are experiencing is totally natural

a young man is full of angst and turmoil. this often drives him to venture out. its in your genes. you feel dissatisfied and depressed because your potential exceeds your cage so to speak.

you are capable of more than you are doing and you know it.

get up, and try to do something. go get a water bottle right now and walk. walk farther than you ever have in your entire life. walk somewhere you have never been. go get a snack at a grocery store and hit on the hottest cashier there.

tomorrow go to the library and get a book that you have never read that will challenge you.

rich dad poor dad
anything by dostoyevsky

cook a meal for your family or your friends

your life is just getting started. relish it. when you are older you will realize how much energy and vigor you had at 18 and how awesome that was.

oh yeah and forget about that chick. she is nothing. she isnt that smart or exciting or cool. she, like you, doesnt know shit. you are nothing too, until you go change that.

lay a brick every day, even if its small. godspeed user, and hang in there, it will all be over soon.

No.

You sound like a shitstain with no initiative. You're 18, do you need to go to your safespace because someone said a mean word to you? Pick your ass up and improve yourself, no one's going to do it for you.

youtube.com/watch?v=mCkSpnM_Oi0

Life gets better once you stop being a crybaby bitch. Seriously if you're too weak willed to overcome a made up disease like "depression" then you're probably better off dead anyway. Make room for the alphas like me, the world doesn't need your crybaby bitch genes procreating.

29 yr old here

Nope shit just gets worse
Shit has really been coming on heavy the past 3 years tho, food has now lost its taste. I have to force myself to eat food and even then it's something small so I can hurry up and get it done, eating feels like a choir now

Finding the motivation to get out of bed gets harder everyday and every morning I wake up pissed off that I didn't die in my sleep yet

So naturally the only option is just to kill myself, but I'd be seen as a failure and embarrassment to my family so I just keep on. There is no afterlife after this so I might as well just drift thru this one because why not

I partially hate my parents for giving life

Same here Sup Forumsro! Every pr I break is one step further away from this dark abyss. I think physical activity is the best antidepressent there is. I do lots of lifting, running, boxing and cooking healthy shit. The only problem I have is the days I can't exrecise due to sickness, gym is closed or spending time with the family. Last xmas I went to spain with my mom for three weeks and I thought about suicide everyday there. I hope this passes though with time and in 5 or 10 years I will just think I was such and edgy faggot. I've only had this feeling for 11 months, that's not so bad right?

Get a masters degree then. Keep pushing yourself untill someone will like you enough for you to like yourself

Fucking hell this thread is full of cringe. Sup Forums really is full of weedy cunts living in their parents basement. Of course life gets better, if you want it to. 18 is no fucking age at all. Your 20s can be the best decade of your life. Go to the gym. Get fit. Raise your confidence. Progress at work. Earn more money. Buy cool shit. Go to awesome parties. Christ on a slice of toast, you're only just get it started. Don't listen to these anonymous beta cunts.