Sup Forumsmor

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hitchens's_razor
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

is this fake? dumb question i guess

No, it's real

Extreme Elvis was more hardcore than GG "The Pussy" Allin

Not seen this in ages.
I'm actually second responder on this (AMA)

Man all black ppl look the same

>not seen this in ages
>happened 5 months ago

KYS newfag

7 months ago. They use American date order. You'd know that if you weren't a newfag.

it's literally the first day of december you piece of shit, it's basically still november.

gave me a hearty kek

how does it feel

>>>/reddit/

this is actually pretty fucking funny

What the fuck is up with his dick

bretty gud

This is common sense, not humor.

heres a (you)

hello friendo, i hope you are doing bad

You have 2000 characters to explain to me how skipping songs you don't like is anything other than common sense.

>just skip it

but that ruins the flow

You would rather listen to a terrible song than skip it and have the "flow" be interrupted ? What ?

Are you serious, the problem is that you're not listening to the album the way it was intended to be heard.

*listens to one song on an album*
wow this album is great

I mean, he's half right

What music do you like user:)))))

He had a micro penis he used to get sucked on stage and piss on people from

>the way it was intended to be heard.
Not all albums are concept albums in which every track is interdependent with other tracks- in fact, this is almost never the case ! Check your rockism.

FRIENDO TIP: Listening to things which you do not enjoy for the sake of listening to everything is a waste of your time. Albums are not novels.

This has nothing to do with what I (or the original quote in the OP) said. Apply yourself.

Basically... "basic"? What's basic about December = November. Y ya gotta overcomplekate shiet

I agree, but I can't take a block of text seriously if it sincerely uses the word 'rockism' or any variation.

'Check your x' is just the gravy on the rockist cake.

Are you really so pretentious you think this innocuous comment is funny?

Believing that an album has a universal purpose analogous to that of a novel is a central tenant of rockism. You don't see classical, jazz, singles-oriented, or traditional music listeners spouting this nonsense at a comparable frequency.

Holy shit this is autism like we've never seen before.
Psychologists will study this post for generations, attempting to crack the mystery of how somebody could type something so pompous.

>singles-orientated
>album has a universal purpose
>singles
>album
wew lads

>I'm not here
kek'd

Argumentum ad lapidem (Latin: "to the stone") is a logical fallacy that consists in dismissing a statement as absurd without giving proof of its absurdity.[1] The form of argument employed by such dismissals is the argumentum ad lapidem, or appeal to the stone.[2][3]

Ad lapidem statements are fallacious because they fail to address the merits of the claim in dispute. The same applies to proof by assertion, where an unproved or disproved claim is asserted as true on no ground other than that of its truth having been asserted.

The name of this fallacy is derived from a famous incident in which Dr. Samuel Johnson claimed to disprove Bishop Berkeley's immaterialist philosophy (that there are no material objects, only minds and ideas in those minds) by kicking a large stone and asserting, "I refute it thus."[3] This action, which is said to fail to prove the existence of the stone outside the ideas formed by perception, is said to fail to contradict Berkeley's argument, and has been seen as merely dismissing it.[2]

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hitchens's_razor

Most albums made by career Top 40 artists, albums released under the "EDM" umbrella like breakbeat, dubstep, most hip hop, dub, drum n' bass, etc.

You have no excuse for being this ignorant.

What exactly would you like me to prove ?

>types pious pseudo-intellectual statement on music using the term "rockism"
>gets called a pretentious fag
>makes even more pompous post quoting logical fallacy as his comeback

kys my man

You were complaining about being dismissed without proof when you didn't prove anything yourself

You forgot

>unironic use of 'check your x'

>You have no excuse for being this ignorant.
>You now have to pay attention to singles
u wot

You don't appear to know what "pretentious" means. No, it doesn't mean "people who is better at supporting their premise than I." If you need help, you can see someone using the term correctly here in which "pretentious" could be understood as "holding a pretense that _not_ listening to a bad song for some arbitrary purpose is absurd." English isn't hard, guys.

Again, what exactly would you like me to prove ? Nothing that I have said should be controversial, unless you care more about the person _saying_ the statement than the _content_ of the statement.

non sequitur

I don't care if you prove anything, I'm saying don't complain about being dismissed without proof if you don't provide proof yourself

drilbums are the shit

Your chinese girls collection is seriously out of date.

Look cumnugget the argument is that an album requires your full attention to understand and appreciate it. That includes not skipping tracks you don't love because "it's a waste of my precious time, I have anime to fap to".

Yes, album form is more important in rock than other genres, but dismissing people's love of western music and albums by using faggy terms like "rockism" is the definition of being an edgy pretentious cockgobblin (especially on an image board where people mostly just listen to western pop/rock and discuss albums religiously).

Again, kys my man.

Then pray tell, how am I supposed to have come across these being called singles-orientated if never coming across this makes me "ignorant"

Haha, keep trying. Getting upset that someone doesn't feel obligated to prove a truism is pointless.

I like my crops, they've served me well. I can't for the life of me get my old Exhentai account to work so everything that I have is from two years ago.

>an album requires your full attention to understand and appreciate it.
This is a patently ridiculous generalization. What requires my full attention to understand is likely not the same as what requires your full attention to understand.

>dismissing people's love of western music and albums by using faggy terms like "rockism" is the definition of being an edgy pretentious cockgobblin
That's funny, I don't see that definition anywhere other than your post.

>(especially on an image board where people mostly just listen to western pop/rock and discuss albums religiously).
This is irrelevant. Just because you (people) are ignorant and stuck in your rockist ways does not mean that I should conform to these behaviors.

"What is popular is not always right, and what is right is not always popular."

You're using the internet right now. Did you think before you made that post ?

DELET THIS

>It's obviously true because I say it is

>Just because you (people) are ignorant and stuck in your rockist ways does not mean that I should conform to these behaviors.

>you're using the internet so you must have seen everything I have

Nice job edgemaster Exmilitary guy is an Aboriginal Australian.

He's right. My favourite album has one song I don't like, but it's still a 10/10 album for me. I just skip the song I hate.

You're on the internet. Use Bing.

You're on the internet, on a music board. The chances that you've never come into contact with a singles-oriented artist or genre is close to zero. Trying to misrepresent my argument doesn't work on me.

What album?

why do people over 30 always put their hands in their jeans pockets (with the thumb out) like that when they're trying to look cool? They look like they have no confidence and are uncomfortable with the situation

Loveless

>admitting an album has a bad song
>still giving it a 10/10

user do you happen to have a screw loose?

There are no perfect albums. 10/10 is given to the best ones.

Kek

>bing
now i know this guy is trolling. a tipa the fedora to you sir

I legitimately do not understand how telling someone to use one of the most widely known search engines could be interpreted as trolling. This level of confination bias is alien to me.

Surely not

>now
Come on man, you're better than this

by this logic no ""best one"" album has only good songs

>"this level of confination bias is alien to me"
-friendo, 2016

>releasing CDs in jewel cases instead of digipaks

lol

>cardboard over plastic
Disgusting

i cant stand digipaks. they deteriorate so quickly versus my jewel cases from the 80s that still dont have any cracks in them

Doesn't change his skin color

>can't for the life of me get my old Exhentai account to work so everything that I have is from two years ago.
They're more place to get free hentai, you know that, right?

I know it says .jpg, but that's either a gif or a godtier optical illusion

I've been amassing a CD collection for close to 20 years now, and one thing that I've found is how much more personal a digipack seems to be. Anyone can put some liner notes and a back cover into a jewel case, but a digipack can become more like art if done right.

Good quote, I stand by it.

Of course, I just don't feel very motivated to go anywhere else when I had such a wealth at my fingertips previously.

Btw why can't you get it to work?

Fair enough I suppose, I just like the plastic > cardboard for more practical reasons

W... Which artist is this

I second this.

I can't tell you how many jewel cases have cracked on me over the years. Digipaks still look as good as new.

The account that I had been using suddenly didn't work to bypass the panda. I probably don't even remember the password now.

That's true I suppose, cardboard can't exactly crack, merits to both I guess