What music do middle aged people listen to?

What music do middle aged people listen to?

Turntablism, downtempo, modern funk, broken beat and other popular music at Brighton bingo halls.

Hip hop

I'm 35 and have just enjoyed listening to Black Metal for the majority of November

Classic rock radio

sting, lionel richie, shpongle, whitney houston

Same music they listened to when they were young

kraftwerk, pj harvey, springsteen, soul music

if they are any cool though

dadrock

dad introduced me to kraftwerk
good feel

"Rolling Stone's Greatest 500 Albums of all Time"-core

OH and U2.. that's huge with 35 year olds

Les Rallizes Denudes, Hans Krusi, Coil, This Heat, Brainbombs

Turny is past middle-aged by now surely?

My mom listens to dubstep and breaking benjamin.

this pretty much sums up 90% of middle aged America

chanson française

>What music do middle aged people listen to?
I'll take "Dad Rock" for 500, Alex

Wait, am I the only middle-aged person here???

Kickin' it

Nice chart

Four-0

nah

nope, 40 here.

lately been listening to tom waits, tears for fears, REM, future sound of london, siouxsie, gabriel-era genesis, beck. not gonna lie, been listening to com truise for the fake nostalgia too.

I try to listen to new stuff but I don't honestly have any more or less luck finding good new music than I did in 1995. most music that comes out in any given year is crap or just barely ok, and the radio is still the same special olympics of music that it always was. hence why people turn to best-of lists. sorting through it all gets tiresome at times even if you love music.

just you kids wait til you're my age and your hip new music is being played on the dad rock stations.

Phil Collins

Thats a nice list of music user, I'm also going back through genisis' earlier albums. Whats your favourite?

hard to say. right now I am leaning toward nursery cryme even though it doesn't generally get mentioned as one of their top albums. something about the climax of the musical box gives me goosebumps.

Bruce Springsteen, classic rock

Guided by Voices

D-dad?