/dungeonsynth/

November is over, and while nbdsd might be an overkill, December is still a beautiful month to listen to Dungeon Synth.

Other urls found in this thread:

secure.runescape.com/m=account-creation/g=oldscape/g=oldscape/create_account
moonworshipper.bandcamp.com/album/a-night-of-fine-wine-and-hideous-voices
youtu.be/-NfRBZc9IaY
ascoven.blogspot.ca/2015/06/caduceus-middle-ages-demo-1995.html
clyp.it/lk1wzsxo
ephemerallandscapes.bandcamp.com/releases
clyp.it/tbruvs0n
youtube.com/watch?v=1V0_zVjvczE
youtube.com/watch?v=E6k0qB9ALDU
ascoven.blogspot.com/2014/11/lailheb-old-incantations-forbidden.html?m=1
blvckceiling.bandcamp.com/album/a-candle-illuminates-the-dungeon
twitter.com/AnonBabble

gonna lock myself in the bathroom and put 4+ hrs of ds on blast while I submerge myself in cold water and just think about life

Sounds pretty comfy. What are you going to listen to? I'm just playing Runescape and listening to Middle Ages.

COOL, need help to find those albums
Saltvind - Eternal Whisper of the Celestial North Chamber (2009)
Sinfonica Notte - Beyond the Frozen Gate of Winter (2001)
Askhem - Bjarki (2003)
Kriegerswald - Der Schwertgesang (2006)
Zeon - Tundra
Stormhammer - Desolation
Melancholy of Life - The Silent
Emperor of the Forest - Montagne Funest
Emperor of the Forest - Nubie grigie sull'Appennino
Emperor of the Forest - Nocturnal Wandering Through Dark Forests and Ancient Mountains
Emperor of the Forest - Wandering
Emperor of the Forest - Upon the Peak
ov Mhurn - Abstract Paths
Aeons - Forgotten Winds
Dragon Smile - Dragon Smile
Saint-Germaine - Catacombae
This Mortal Night - This Mortal Night
Trollrath - The Dark Tower of Lugburz
Skythrone - Saga of Immortal Heroes

It's crazy how much content there is for an obscure subgenre

Do you guys have some essentials chart, or even better a genre flowchart? I'd like to get into dungeon synth.

This is one of the better ones I've seen.

Essentials imo are:
Burzum - Hliðskjálf
Depressive Silence - Depressive Silence II
Mortiis - Ånden som Gjorde Oppror

It's a really fun genre to get into and explore obscure releases.

Because it's so cheap to make, and always one man projects

alright, thanks my man.
will get on it soon

Are they dungeon synth or more like synth bm or neither?

Enjoy! Depressive Silence II is one of the most beautiful albums I've ever heard.
Summoning has that Dungeon Synth album, but it's not that good, even compared to the Dungeon Synth interludes on their albums. Still though, I consider Summoning to be atmospheric black metal more than anything else.

right here
secure.runescape.com/m=account-creation/g=oldscape/g=oldscape/create_account

As much as I love dungeon Synth these threads are always just people jerking off to Depressive Silence, Hedge Wizard, and OP. I always liked the idea of spreading them out to give people time to find more things to discuss.(That first thread a few months ago being fucking awesome, but the follow ups being kind of meh or dying.)
moonworshipper.bandcamp.com/album/a-night-of-fine-wine-and-hideous-voices

quads for DunSyn

I encourage you all to put out your own DS album this month. all you need is a DAW like FL and some old soundfonts while sticking to dungeon sounding modes/scales

plus medieval artwork is all in the public domain which is another step down

youtu.be/-NfRBZc9IaY

this music has no right sounding as good as it does

awesome tunes bro

its not the most abundant genre and depressive silence is like our gold standard

can we include dark ambient too

Aren't all the songs in Runescape already dungeon synth?

Been thinking about making some dungeon synth. Probably going to pick up a midi controller soon and get on it.

How do you guys get your hands on these very esoteric/obscure albums? I had never heard of the band in OP's pic and had to look it up on lastfm, to find that it only has 448 listeners.

A year or two ago when I was more into this genre, it was hard for me to find a lot of the albums on what.cd (RIP). I'm Apollo now, but since they are so new I doubt they will have any of this shit...

this is actually pretty kvlt

Soulseek usually has most Dungeon Synth releases. Also the Asmodian Coven blogspot has a bunch of obscure black metal and dungeon synth releases.

ascoven.blogspot.ca/2015/06/caduceus-middle-ages-demo-1995.html

Thanks man!

Get an akai mpk mini onii-chan

listening to pic related now. some p-great ds from this year. always thought Thangorodrim would make a good bm or ds band name.

This album art is awesome

I've been trying to decide between that and the novation launchkey mini. thanks for the rec though imouto

another cheaper option is the ammoon Worlde Panda mini

looks like its from Dores divine comedy illustrations

>look up "Dore Satan"

sure n'uff yes it is

but rather Paradise Lost not Divine comedy

please rec some dungeon sounding modes/scales.
I've already got an ESQ-1 btw so I'm halfway there

One does not automatically get an awesome album art just by using Dore (well maybe they do) but the right editing does the trick

D dorian is just d-d on the white keys. a good mode to start on

nice, thanks, gonna hit the keys right now.

of course. it would be pretty lame if all DS covers were just cropped unedited dores

I love hand drawn DS covers

anyone know of any good soundfont packs?

uhh i jump into the heathenism december ;_;

listening viking metal atm

I hope you're listening to Graveland

its not from this year, it was recorded 2000 something

pls critique my outline/draft. Keep in mind, there are no effects on this, I have not yet pulled out the 4-track.

clyp.it/lk1wzsxo

i thought december was doom month? not that dungeon synth can't be cool, but i would say doom is more popular

Where did you even get this idea
Something's not quite right...it sounds more like a city pop interlude...a lot of these sounds are way too modern for dungeon synth but I think it sounds nice in general

Ok thanks for your response, I can definitely see your point

really? everything i've seen says 2016

>Where did you even get this idea
i dunno man, you sure Doom December wasn't a thing?

the 2016 release is a remaster
no clue as to why it wasnt released before

i found this in the last thread and it sounds pretty good
ephemerallandscapes.bandcamp.com/releases

clyp.it/tbruvs0n

Rate my short dungeon synth piece

this is dank dude. i almost wish the synths were a little less 8-bit sounding, but compositionally it sounds really good

Honestly I might do that. I won't be doing nothing but dungeon synth because I just got done with a full black metal month and need some rest, but I'll contribute to these threads as long as they are made, and might even make some shit myself when finals are over.

youtube.com/watch?v=1V0_zVjvczE

This shit is fucking great btw, i normally hate 70 minute ds albums, but these synth are pure fucking ear butter.

Post your favorite dungeon synth album

Hard mode: no DS ii
youtube.com/watch?v=E6k0qB9ALDU

Thanks a lot mate, probably gonna make an album eventually

Not many albums transcend me like Temple Forest.

Starting this bad boy up right now.

ascoven.blogspot.com/2014/11/lailheb-old-incantations-forbidden.html?m=1

It's /dsd/, Dungeon Synth December you nerd.

Srs tho, let's make this a thing. Can anyone rec me some super lo-fi DS albums over half an hour?

This album is really good. I suggest anyone checks it out who hasn't.
Most people aren't that down for a full month of Dungeon Synth after /nbbmn/, but I figured having a /dungeonsynth/ general up sometimes throughout the winter would be really comfy.

>super lo-fi DS albums over half an hour
Forgotten Pathways - Shrouded in Mystery
Elfen - To Eldamar From Minas Morgul
Lamentation – Fullmoon Over Faerhaaven

Bumping because I like this thread :)

can dungeon synth give me magical powers?

Absolutely

how?

Lamentation is god-tier, if you like Lailheb and that check out (posted that one too) if you're needing some more minimal/gloomy stuff.

www outofseasonlabel com

Support!

will probably pick up The Sleeping Green at some point later in the month, need more funds now though. Thanks for the share!

will probably pick up The Sleeping Green at some point later in the month, need more funds now though. Thanks for the share!

Cheers, I've actually got Fullmoon and Shrouded on Cassette but will check out Elfen.

Will also check this out

Dude, there are like 6 or 7 bands/albums that incorporate that word

Listening to Elfen
that first track is so '99 Avey Tare. i wouldn't be surprised if they listened to this shit while they played weirdo board games
oh and all of that is positive, btw. it's cool so far

oh fuck nevermind it's the same guy i was thinking of! his "latest" (reissue) album is in my top 3 DS

>tfw you have a day off tomorrow and you're going to marathon ds all night tonight and all day tomorrow
>marathoning some literal who's discog on bandcamp right now
is this what is best in life?

What are some albums which don't sound extremely cheesy?
Shit like pic related.

fuck

>doesn't like cheesy dungeon synth
get out

but for real, idk, there's lots, but I'm not sure what you consider not cheesy as I haven't heard the tape you posted. Have any other examples? Dungeon synth just might not be for you.

Comfiness levels are reaching critical levels while listening to this, playing Dark Souls and watching while it rains outside.

blvckceiling.bandcamp.com/album/a-candle-illuminates-the-dungeon