Musicians from /b

Musicians from /b

I'm 16 years old, i've been playing piano for 2 years now but serious practice started 1 year ago. In one and a half years i have to apply for a major, i was considering applying to major in music, the only thing that holds me down is myself, i'm not sure if i have what it takes to do this so i recorded two audio files of me playing, ill put the link below:

The first audio file is of a piece i've been working on for like 2 weeks but haven't really focused on it yet so its sloppy i know that, i'll get it better with time but keep in mind that it's just two weeks.

The other one is of a jazz standard(The days of wine and roses). In this one i just played/improvised with the melody and chord structures mainly just to demo my playing.

My intention is that you tell me if you honestly think that i have what it takes to apply for a music major based on your experience or someone else, and if i don't i wan't you to tell me as well.

File 1:
expirebox.com/download/24b8bde2882b507e16d559a1d31b8ef8.html

File 2:
expirebox.com/download/92b3f84793ce27573801b4af29fb32c2.html

Thanks a lot.

Other urls found in this thread:

soundcloud.com/user945127472/demo-d2
soundcloud.com/user945127472/demo-d
twitter.com/AnonBabble

90% of the people who see this thread are going to ignore it simply based on the fact that they would have to download the files, it presents a risk to them that most will not take.

Why not just upload it to soundcloud?

I don't know, didn't crossed my mind, but i will do this now.

soundcloud.com/user945127472/demo-d2

soundcloud.com/user945127472/demo-d

Hopefully it doesn't 404 until then, I'd love to hear it.

That mode of thinking, whether or not you will be good enough at it, there's two sides to that coin that I see.
A) Realism: Major record labels sign faces, sex sells, and if you aren't a 6'1 pretty white boy with a cut jawline, they probably won't sign you. Not to say you couldn't start small, or become independent, we're speaking longevity.
B) Idealism: This mode of thinking presents a challenge to myself. I think, I will never be good enough to do this, I reflect on it, and now I challenge to prove myself wrong. You must do it for the passion of the music, and if you can't see yourself pursuing this throughout your whole life, then don't bother.

I'm really talking out of my ass though, so take from it what you will :d

will bump for interest op, im a musician as well, flute and piccolo player

Still listening.

OP here.

This audio is just for you to see the most general and basic of my playing, i love music and i would be pleased doing this but i want to be realist as well so this is why.

You're going to end up getting banned for saying you're 16. You just fucked up. And this isn't reddit, it's not /b, it's Sup Forums. Go home.

I say go for it OP, you play well for being so young, many among us including myself just started at much later ages.

Thanks user

Underage b&, pls

>16
/thread

Come on, i know i'll get banned but i won't take too much of your time so don't worry

fuck off faggot, kill yourself and go back to your cancer threads

For a person who doesn't know shit about music , i think it's pretty dope

from * my bad

Thanks a lot

>asking Sup Forums for advice on whether or not to become a music major

Send these to either your high school music teacher(s) and ask their opinion, or a local college professor of music. Sup Forums doesn't know shit. Also, practice with a metronome literally all the fucking time. You can work on your rubatos and such all you want, but without a steady pusle underneath it, it doesn't mean shit. You have at least a modicum of talent; worse people have got into music school. I'd apply for it, if that's really what you see yourself doing, faggot.

Source: 3rd year music ed student.

Yeah you are right, i don't know why but I like some people's attitude here on Sup Forums so that's what i did this, thank's a lot for the advice haha I you focus on the pulse on these files then that would be a 0/0 but like i said I wanted to gave a general idea so

>implying this thread isn't cancer

I'm a 2nd year music ed major, if you love music, don't major in it unless you are willing to give up any semblance of life outside of practicing and performing.

I do love music, my main concern is letting myself down after finding that this wasn't my thing i mean if i'ts not. Don't get me wrong, im not insecure about majoring in music, im insecure about myself in general so who cares, getting opinion from Sup Forums might be a good head cleaner

okay i think that's it thanks to all of you who gave your feedback

I was a bit insecure about my musical ability, but I played for the professor that was I'm charge of my instrument before I auditioned to enter the department. Your teacher may be able to simulate an audition for you to help! And if you want just a taste of the life of majoring in music, just start out with a minor and see how that feels.

Yeah i just found out like a month ago that there is like a set of levels before actually entering the major on some local institute so i think that's where im going

Awesome! Good luck with everything and don't give up!