ITT: State your religion and one reason it is more correct than the other ones, then berate someone else's...

ITT: State your religion and one reason it is more correct than the other ones, then berate someone else's. Agnostics are not allowed because we can't argue against you because you have nothing to prove.

I'll go first:

I'm an atheist.
If God is omnipotent, then why does he test faith? Can't he just find out for himself?
Christians can only provide evidence for God by saying that he exists, but we just can't see, hear, or feel him for whatever reason.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=EwfAkyHRzt4
youtu.be/Yfok933_ezo
streamboobs.com
youtu.be/tu4y7x9LRyY
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Buddhism, because it is an atheistic religion.

Dude that's like saying you believe in Presbyterianism because it is a Protestant religion

Atheism isn't a religion, so your thread is fucking retarded

Don't bother debating religion with so called Christians. They know less about their own religion than anybody else.

Okay cmon you're really gonna pull that bullshit don't get technical just say what you believe in

>what this guy says

You base the idea of god from Christianity and make your "points" from that. You're a dumbass.

I don't believe in shit because I'm atheist.

The argument I made applies to pretty much all other religions. There are some exceptions, but for the most part i covered it. If you were referring to my second argument, I was just trying to start some arguments WHICH WAS THE GOD DAMN POINT OF THIS THREAD SO START ARGUING YOU HOPELESS FUCKS

Agnostic, because we're not even allowed in this thread we are so objectively correct. Judeo-christian religions are responsible for more wars than hitler and the confederacy combined. Buddha tried to eliminate suffering by sitting under a tree for years like a lazy cunt rather than actually helping people. Hindu people will literally die by the thousands of famine while there are cows walking through the streets because they think the reward for being an awesome guy is to walk around shitting all day and eating grass.

If you're an athiest, then why do you believe there is a God? You just said yourself that the point of this thread is damned by God. This is what you said.

Because of this

There is only the emperor, our shield and protector. Anything else is just damned heresy. Did your god(s) create the greatest imperium known to man? Didn't think so heretic scum.

fuck your god

youtube.com/watch?v=EwfAkyHRzt4

Im a catholic-christian because the bible is real. All other religions are false because the bible tells us that Jesus saved us.

I believe anyone's guess is as good as mine. Just don't be a piece of shit.

And yet you remain agnostic because 'I don't believe in anything but it sure would be swell if there really was an afterlife'. Get off the sidelines snowflake

Agnostic or atheist. Because I don't know shit and don't care either.

BELIEVE IN KEK

amen

All I know, is that I don't know nothing!! And that's fine!!!

Jesus said out of his own mouth that he was only sent for the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

fuck off, Satan

You calling Christians a bunch of sheep fuckers?
Because I'm not Christian....and I like sheep

i worship the one true god

You dont know what youre taking about.

James 1:13
King James Bible
Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man:
Also Im Catholic

Atheist.

There is no proof in the existence of God, and the entire concept of God is fallacious and has numerous flaws, including the one OP stated. Also the Bible is a horrific book of numerous atrocities and anyone who actually lived by it as a moral guide would be considered a psychopath by modern society.

I don't see anywhere in that verse where it says Jesus is coming to save anybody. Neither do you.

U mean christian

I always think these guys are trolls, but at the same time remember how indoctrinated most Christians are.
It's a toss-up

But we are all his children, which means he's calling us a bunch of girls.

It is the same as long as you believe in JesusChrist as your Lord and Savior.

Checkmate

youtu.be/Yfok933_ezo

I'm a Christian because I believe all religions serve the same need, and the one that's most advantageous to follow is that connects you to your family or community.

Good luck arguing against my pragmatic outlook, but so you know, I took it from the dalai lama.

No. God is the Trinity, The FATHER, The SON, and the Holy Ghost (or spirit).

Yeah no fuck you

Leviticus 20:13 "If a man has sexual intercourse with a man as he would with a woman, the two of them have done something detestable. They must be executed; their blood is on their own heads."

That shit probably made more sense when people were blazi...err burning bushes

We dont follow leviticus laws as christians anymore because when Jesus came he fulfilled the laws of Moses and became the new covenant. Nice try though.

world:
2. - a region or group of countries
- the people, places, and activities to do with a PARTICULAR thing

Jesus didn't say everybody on the whole planet will be saved. Do you want to know who will be saved? Lets find out.

Luke 1:68 - Blessed be the Lord God of Israel; for he hath visited and redeemed his people.

Hard Polytheism or bust.

This is my religeon
streamboobs.com

The bible has many authors. The one who wrote that was a pretty old school Jew. You know, because it's from the Torah. But sure, lash out at the minority of Christians who blindly follow it. They'll show 'em.

Mormon, restored church as it was in the time of Christ.
Proper baptism
Priesthood authority
Apostles
Prophet
Temples
Ancient practices

I've always figured if I ever decide to worship a deity, I'll pick Buddha. Dude is chill as fuck

>Agnostics are not allowed because we can't argue against you because you have nothing to prove.
Yeah we do, we can prove you're all children who can't handle others having a point of view that conflicts with your own.

I personally argue that, although it fine that one may postulate the existence, or lack, of a higher power that claims to be beyond human comprehension arguing as if you definitely know the answer is childish.

This is also complicated by concepts such as a great singularity and eventual end of the universe. One could just as soon suggest that when all matter in the universe exists as a single super massive blackhole, that there you will find god.

It's all very interesting, and when I see scientists fall to atheism, or claim that the many famous agnostics (such as Einstein) were really atheists in hiding, I kind of shake my head and laugh. Why in the world would a scientific mind whose study originated in western socratic philosophy forget the most famous thing the "Jesus of Science" ever uttered: if I know anything, it is that I know nothing.

I find the position of agnosticism to be the best choice for those of us who aren't looking to win, but looking for the right answer.

FIIIIIGHT

Me: SCIENTIFIC FACT ATTACK
You: Fake.
Me: EVIDENCE BASED ON MILLENIA OF RESEARCH KICK
You: Fake.
Me: You know what fuck this I'm out.
You: there is no out. Everything is fake.

GOD WILLS IT!!!

Ok first of all, thats a bullshit excuse. Even if the bible said that you didn't have to obey those laws anymore (which it doesn't), you still profess faith in a god who at one point condoned these abhorrent practices.

And secondly:

Matthew 5:18 "For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled."

Get fucked

You didn't provide an answer, you more or less just gave up on the question by saying you can't answer it.

I mean I don't wanna be a dumb science bitch

Wrong...

'Dumb science' is kind of an oxymoron.

I may change my answer to this. After Sup Forums prayed to kek for brexit, it not only happened, but george soros (who is objectively one of the top 5 most evil men to walk the world) had a seizure and blamed brexit for it.

I always feel bad arguing with Mormons. It feels like picking on the retarded kid that bags groceries.

Roman catholic because of the best moral system. Although its arguable the religion isn't leniant

The Father The Son and The Holy Spirit.
God bless you brother
pray because we are going to be persecuted God is Great never stop having faith.

You're just ignoring the parts of the Bible that you don't like. You could use that excuse to dismiss literally any passage from the bible.

And if there are parts of the bible that are fake, who's to say that the entire book isn't fake?

Explain

Agnostic atheism, because it's not provable one way or the other, and I see more proof of science than of God.

Science isn't synonymous with intelligence. So I'd say your kinda is well placed and your statement is a stretch.

ROCK FLAG AND EAGLE BROTHER

I'm right and you know it.

He is probably a filthy jew get him out of here !! ( in Donalds Trumps Voice )

McCulloch sings Chemistry about the resurrection of Jesus. Go to Facebook slash McCullochMusic

ok explain this science teacher what degree ?

youtu.be/tu4y7x9LRyY

:/

Agnostic

What does anyone really, genuinely know? Nothing!

>best
>moral
>christian

~One of these things is not like the others, one of these things doesn't belong~

I feel bad for your father because probably youre a depressed nigger or a jew with palestinian roots still God loves you.

Which is the point.

I mean I could go into both sides of the argument and provide the "proof, lack of proof" style argument, I won't make it any further than any of you will.

Not all questions can currently be answered, and just as before the invention of the microscope we had no idea how sex and ejaculate made babies (as we didn't know what a sperm cell was) I assume we lack the technology to comprehend anything so advanced that death means nothing to it.

I also doubt the true answer will surface on Sup Forums.

Source lad? If that picture isn't edited, the human brain is very good at finding human parts, even in things that aren't human, like seeing "faces" in cars frontplates. It's closely related to human pattern recognition in random events, E.G. shapes in clouds.

>Agnostics are not allowed because we can't argue against you because you have nothing to prove.
That would make an agnostic (no such thing as a true agnostic, so an agnostic atheist or agnostic theist) the best. If you think that not needing faith is cheating, then your outlook is just silly.

Raised as a Catholi,, now lean more towards agnostic. I feel that while wr can postate the existence of a higher power, we lack the capacity to truly ununderstand such an entit.. Kind of like higher dimensions; we can conceptualize them in our minds to an extent, but it would be like a 2D being trying to fathom a 3D world

Antitheist

religion is a defense against the religious experience - carl jung

all religions are bullshit - buddha

dont worry be happy - meher baba

-Forget you humanistic notions and conceptualizations when approaching God.
You my friend are working upon the notion that
God isn't in every single time frame(past,present,future) all at once.
-God is a constant stream of everything.
-By reading the old testament one would concur that the Israelites didn't even know if God was Good or Bad.(they got along by copying everyone else's bullshit.)
-God isn't the slightest bit human the is more like a Quasar hurricane, a force off nature existing on an immaterial plane.
(SomeAtheist); MilitantAtheist; ReligiousAtheist
As I call them
Act as if the idea of believing that, A vastly intelligent being that exists on the outside of our literal spacetime.
is a damnable act
Like they care less about being right and more about projecting their own agenda/insecurities on to other people.
>like damn that's what religious ppl are supposed to do.)lol

Agnostic. You there's no proof anything exists beyond what we know, and there's no proof to say there definitely isn't.
And since religion has no proof to back it up, I refuse to worship something equally as legitimate as the tooth fairy or santa claus.
Literally the only logical religious belief.

> best moral system
kek

I don't really have a set religion I follow, I just believe in karma. I try to do good and hope it all works out for the best. I don't know if there is or isn't a God or gods, or an afterlife or not, but that's something I guess I'll figure out when I die. I'm pretty happy with the way my life is going right now with this.

I was raised Catholic, but it and a lot of other formal religions seem way too tedious and overbearing. Honestly, the whole going to church thing every week ruined my weekend, it's like if a go early morning on Sunday, I gotta wake up early so I can't stay up late Saturday. If I go around noon or later, that's my whole day prepping for church. I know it's only an hour, but damn that's asking a lot.

Idc what yall say. Become christian or expect to parrisg. Stop being brainwashed by all these science classes you leArn in school and watch on TV. It leads you away from Christ. There is a reason why when my son turns 5 in september that we will be homeschooling him to get a PROPER CHRISTIAN education...

I'd worship cthulhu :/ seems like a badass to me :/

I don't have a problem with religiousness or religion unless it blocks the progress of science or culture.

Wait, let me get this straight.

>you saw a picture of a galaxy or whatever in space, which, out of the billions and billions of stellar objects in the universe, just so happened to somewhat resemble a human hand

>you therefore concluded that there is an omnipotent, omniscient, omnipresent, spaceless, timeless, all-powerful, all-loving being who created and controls the universe.

Logic.

It is from Nasa you can google it I had more
but somehow lost them but they are very interesting even if youre not a believer.
type hand of God

The magic underwear and the whole "These tablets are from God but they're in a language only I know because God didn't want anyone else in the entire existence of the world other than me, Joseph 'I Swear I'm Not a Cult Leader' Smith" is just too much

Its funny how the christian church say you don't have to follow the old laws. Yet they make damn sure that you pay those tithes, which is one of the old laws.

>literally any passage
Except the entirety of the new testament which came after the birth of Jesus. Or do you think that's part of the Torah too?

Plus, it was the Catholics who removed things from the bible because they didn't like them, not me.

Sesame Street scared me when I was little :/ 2spooky man :/

agnostic atheist
because i can think

Fucking troll quads!
Has to be a troll, because people that retarded don't come to the chan...or know how to use a keyboard.
Checked!

Exactly how i argued when i was a kid :/
that some serious circular reasoning right there :/

Just not very considerately I take it.
Saying people who are religious can't think ignores all the rational minds who practice their faith for community/interpersonal/moral/health benefits.

You need some fucking LSD virgin user