Is this the longest song to hit Number 1 on the charts?

Is this the longest song to hit Number 1 on the charts?

youtube.com/watch?v=qFY3wt-b8NE

Other urls found in this thread:

discogs.com/Oasis-All-Around-The-World/release/1633878
discogs.com/Oasis-All-Around-The-World/release/1806495
discogs.com/Oasis-All-Around-The-World/release/2863837
discogs.com/Oasis-All-Around-The-World/release/1017644
discogs.com/Oasis-All-Around-The-World/release/776976
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

freebird

Never hit number one.

not only did that not get close to number one, but the album version is just barely over 9 minutes and the single version is about 4

17:05

>but it only hit #30
Eat a dick

Single version was 2:52. Album version never charted lol

We have a winner. Sorry Oasis.

this has got to be the winner

Technically, it's an album but nice one.

Should have clarified, I meant the top of the singles chart.

By that logic then the single version of "All Around The World" is 4:51. Oasis loses again.
The album is one song.

>9:20 (Album version)
>9:38 (Single version)
Yes there was a 4:51 edit on the 7" single, but the cassette, CD, and 12" singles were 9:38

>Yes there was a 4:51 edit on the 7" single
And other releases as well. Then the fact that the video was only 7 minutes shows you the full 9:20 version was not meant to be the single.

>Then the fact that the video was only 7 minutes shows you the full 9:20 version was not meant to be the single.
You're right. The 9:38 version was meant to be the single. The video was edited because MTV wasn't going to show a 10 minute video unless it was like Michael Jackson or something.

>The video was edited
Then show me the complete 9 min video

You won't be able to because it doesn't exist, because the single was not meant to be 9 minutes. See
discogs.com/Oasis-All-Around-The-World/release/1633878
discogs.com/Oasis-All-Around-The-World/release/1806495

>because MTV wasn't going to show a 10 minute video
Now you are contradicting yourself.

discogs.com/Oasis-All-Around-The-World/release/2863837
>1 All Around The World (Radio Edit) 4:51
>2 All Around The World (Video Edit) 7:00
>3 All Around The World (LP Version) 9:17
There it is.

discogs.com/Oasis-All-Around-The-World/release/1017644
And yet, here it is. The CD single. And the A-side 9:38. Deal with it.

What's your point though? A US promotional single meant for radio had shorter versions of the track. So what?

>A US promotional single meant for radio had shorter versions of the track
As you can see, that's the single version, the song promoted to radio. The long version is the LP version.

A promotional single yes. And THIS was the commercial cd single released for purchase that counted towards the singles chart:
discogs.com/Oasis-All-Around-The-World/release/776976

Not relevant.

See for correct version designations

What do you mean not relevant? That single you linked to wasn't even released in the uk nor was it even available for commercial purchase. It had zero effect on chart placement whatsover. The single I linked to was THE OFFICIAL COMMERCIAL CD SINGLE released to the public. The sales of this CD single (and the cassette and vinyl singles, to a lesser extent) were the reason it placed at number 1 on the charts.

Fucking moron.

>That single you linked to wasn't even released in the uk
Not relevant
>nor was it even available for commercial purchase
Not relevant
>THE OFFICIAL COMMERCIAL CD SINGLE released to the public
Except we're talking about radio play. And the Radio only played the 4 min version, MTV only he 7 min version
>The sales of this CD single (and the cassette and vinyl singles, to a lesser extent) were the reason it placed at number 1 on the charts.
Wrong. it was the airplay.

>Literally not #1
>Eat a dick
Throw yourself across a highway

Album charts =/= single charts

I was referring to the UK singles charts you retard, where sales are what counts towards chart position.

Even on the Billboard Hot 100, sales are counted with airplay as well, but Oasis never released any of their singles for commercial purchase in America except Wonderwall and Don't Look Back in Anger, so they were ineligible to chart anyway.

>I was referring to the UK singles charts
Nice goalpost shifting
>Album charts =/= single charts
Op never clarified, so it's still valid.

>Nice goalpost shifting
How is that goalposting shifting? I never said it was said it was the American Hot 100. It didn't even chart on that anyway so I don't know why you would think that.

>I never said
That's the problem. You just said "on the charts". You didn't mention sales vs airplay or location.

Sounds like your mistake to me.

K. Jog on cunt.

What an autistic thread