Why don't more English football players try their hand overseas?

Why don't more English football players try their hand overseas?

Obviously, there's little to zero interest in winning silverware, so it money? Or is perhaps there's just little demand for them from the clubs on the continent.

I think for the most part they don't want to go

Would you move abroad to do the same or lower work for less money?

1. no one wants English players
2. Clubs overpay English players

only value english players have is due to home grown status in the EPL, take that away and they have literally nothing to offer foreign clubs

this also causes EPL teams to value english players much higher than other clubs, so there is no reason for them to meet the inflated valuation of said players

why would Juve pay the 50 million for Sterling when they could buy Berardi or someone for 30 million less?

For the Glory of England!

Waddle was fucking based, but his style was completely unenglish.

Also, why non-English clubs would want to sign players who are half as good but twice as expensive than anybody else?

The thing is shit-tier clubs like Stoke, Sunderland and Everton can pay player's a salary 2, 3, maybe 4 times what they could get at some top clubs in Europe.

I honestly believe that most english players dont want to be bothered to simply learn another language.

Because their lack of technique will be exposed outside the Premier League echo chamber.

A middle table English club pays better wages than 95% foreign clubs

Most English players start playing in England, ergo they start playing with an already good wage

Unless they are elite players and can move to Real, Barcelona or Bayern, no one wants an average English player

If you have to buy a 20 years old English player with good future, he'll be already earning like 70k euro per week, like 10 times the pay of a South American player. To get the English one you'll need to rise his salary to at least 80k, while you can get an Argie or Brazilian for 30k

This. The English league has the most money in it (unfortunately).

The exception to that would be giants like real Madrid, Barca, Bayern, Juve, etc. But English players are rarely good enough to play for those.

I wish we did see more English players at foreign clubs though.

Yes, I certainly think that is one aspect of it; having to resettle your family, get used to a new culture, learn a new language, doesn't seem worth it to these people.

Not even for the glory? You have like 0% chances of winning a CL if you play for an english club

Lol, Frenchies mad because English is today's lingua franca. Top kek.

Harsh mate

You won't get the Falklands back like that you bloody cheeky bugger

They seem little interested in silverware.

So, England suck at international competions just because you don't care about it?

That's some USA-tier excuse

m8 all most English footballers want is a big stupid mansion and VIP access to shit nightclubs where they can take home a different slag every week

Im not mad. I don't give a fuck at all. I'm fluent in 3 languages myself moron, which is by my calculus approximatively 2 more than your average English citizen.

Your people is a lazy one when it comes to languages.This is an indisputable fact. And for your information French has been the legal language used in Europe for decades simply because unlike English it is much less prone to misinterpretation.

because even shitty epl players make fucking bank, no wonder they dont wanna leave

Maybe, I think there's probably more to England's failure than just that though.

You're right Argentina are much better. Remind me how you did in the World Cup and the last two Copa Americas?

England players have ridiculously inflated value.

Reached all 3 finals

When was the last (and literally only) time England reached a final? That's right, 50 years

Really? FFS

>this also causes EPL teams to value english players much higher than other clubs
>mfw Liverpool signed Andy Carrol for 50 million pounds
hahhahahahahahahahahhahaha

>bragging about reaching a final
That's some cuck mentality right there. Not that England has much to talk about.

>Chris Waddle
Literally the greatest era of football in my lifetime.
He wasn't on anybody's list before he got picked up and found glory in Marseille.

>>mfw Liverpool signed Andy Carrol for 50 million pounds
Not quite. Try again.

Because English players are a meme

He was genuinely good though.

Meme English players for Real Madrid are Owen, Woodgate and Beckham.

Come to think of it that sounds too high, I think it was 50 million euro instead not pounds

Still ridiculously high though

Fun Fact: Maldini once said that Chris Waddle was one of the players he had most trouble playing against

>speaks English to an Englishman
>TOP KEK BRUV U MAD U JUST MAD THAT FRENCH ISNT THE LINGUA FRANCA HAHAHA FROGS SUCK

Laisse tomber.

>Shitting on based McManaman
Shut your whore mouth

I can believe that, Waddle was very hard to anticipate. He was very entertaining to watch, you never knew what to expect from him, in a good way.

Average players cost too much because EPL is filthy rich and good english players are scarce. And you dont have players good enough to justify spending a fuckton of them (eg Bale)

English footballers can barely speak English, so they'd be fucked abroad

And our players are either shit, injured or chokers (i.e. shit)

It's not even just the premier league, it's the championship, if you wash out of the PL or you can't get playing time the championship is a good league and the big players get paid well. The extra money in the championship has (I assume) been one of the biggest problems for the SPL, too.

>this albanian kidney-stealing muslim fuckwit

When you think about it, any shit player can get a few millions a year in EPL/Championship.They can quit before they're even 30 and they're set for life

>this faggot britcuck obsessed with me

>tfw Theo Walcott will never fuck off to China

>tfw albania muslims will never be nuked

That Albanian poster who posts deep in the night (I assume it's always the same person) is based and knows his old-school football.

Meanwhile, most of Sup Forums is underage shitposters who genuinely believe that Zidane is overrated and that anything before 2010 was terrible (because they started watching football in 2010).

Let the adults talk, son.

Nice proxy, Albnigger

>knows his old-school football.
He really doesn't though. He's as dumb as the Yanks are.

I probably know more than you

Nope. You're fucking embarrassingly dumb even by third world standards.

You sound butthurt :^)

You sound stupid :^)

You would know a thing or two about that wouldn't you?

I read your posts, you're as thick as sticky pig shit.

Waddle was based. Probably one of the very few players who can be classed as a club legend for 4 different teams.