Hey Sup Forums

Hey Sup Forums

I wanna ask a genuine question and hope to recieve genuine answers. This is Sup Forums so I dont expect any of you to do so. But if you did I would be grateful. What is pain to you? Please describe it. What is your own personal hell? Whats your escape?

I am not suicidal, I am just depressed. I am curious.

Pain is living without being able to live up to the purpose you set for yourself. Hell is knowing that everything will turn to nothing eventually and that Achievements don't matter. The Escape is that it matters to YOU until it turns to nothing, and when it does it doesn't matter to YOU anymore.
Short Version: all is for nothing, but try to enjoy the ride as long as your on.

idk how to describe it, but since my long term gf cheated on me I have been apathetic about everything. No desire to do anything but still hate myself for not doing anything.

I have just dived into drugs and alcohol. Ketamine kept me going.

Went trough the same shit. Got over it after I met the right one. Makes you forget it all and Let's you realize how wrong that cheating Bitch was for you to begin with

Pain is the shit that comes after eating taco bell

True, as dumb as it is pokemon go has helped, got my ass outside and moving, feels good for a change.

Pain to me is that intangible ultimate feeling of loneliness, and the feeling of "this is it, this is all there is to it, I am stuck here."

Real pain is also apathy to me, because there is nothing worse than depressed apathy. Momentary pain from stimuli usually isn't that bad because it makes you feel alive and because intense momentary pain is usually followed by intense joy and apprection, whereas apathetic depression you are simply trapped in an ultimate, neverending, deep pain.

pain is irritation of the skin
pain is emptiness
hell is being caged
my escape is friendship

OP here, id like to thank you all for taking your time to answer. Ill be with this thread till it 404's.

not knowing what I want in life, my escape would be food. btw I'm not fat, around 120lb.

>inb4 le edgelord
honestly, society. Not so much that it is annoying or frustrating, so much as that i see people do stupid shit everyday and always wonder what we could actually accomplish
i escape by coming back to my home, sitting alone and listening to music

Did you guys ever discuss being manogomous?
If not, it wasn't cheating. Also, how can you say you love her if you don'e accept that she might just want to have sex in her life and that doesnt mean she doesnt love you.

Wonder what could be accomplished, accomplises nothing

What is my personal hell? Waking up every morning with no purpose, Feeling so empty, Isolated, and knowing that anything i do has absolutely no meaning or repercussion in the end.

Sitting here at my computer at 5AM with nobody next to me, wondering why I couldn't get the man of my dreams or why my life couldn't change for the better.

Life's been nothing but torture and misery. I see these fucking youtubers have great lives and millions of fans. They make tons of money and recognition and some even donate. What do I do, sit here and talk about niggers and fags like it's the apocalypse.

Having this sense of loneliness that you want to change but can't is pain. Sitting here in the AM suffering instead of trying to change is my personal hell.

My escape? An hero.

I'm scared of one day becoming dependant (which I acknowledge will happen one day). I'm so used to being the one everyone turns to for help when it all goes to shit, and while I think people should fix shit for themselves, sometimes they need that push. So Im scared that one day everyone's going to need me and I won't be able to help out. I've learned that people shouldn't be relied on unless you're absolutely desperate, I guess.

Yeah, monogamy was discussed, she once said if I ever was with another woman it would destroy her.

I got hurt then she broke up with me because I "didn't handle it right" or something, I don't really remember much about it anymore.

Should have seen it coming

yeah, thats about it

Pain is knowing that you could do something about it, but you didn't
Hell is when nothing matters anymore, when you don't longer experience good things or bad things, just things..
And the escape for me it's simply run, run of these thoughts, and feelings of emptyness,
Don't really give a fuck if it's the right thing to do or not, but works for me

Pain is thinking about my grandma and how all of her 9 brothers and sisters are now dead and she's the last one.
Pain is thinking about how one day my little brothers will die and there is absolutely nothing I can do about it.

That seems like such a pointless thing to gif.

TITS OR GTFO

I don't have pain, just annoyances. Do you guys have actual pain? Sometimes I wonder what it would be like.

I like it

Pain is just feeling like I'm existing in a period of my life where I don't see or do any new things and don't really feel fully alive.

My hell is living in my parents' basement texting my friends about meeting up, flirting with girls online, looking for places to travel or jobs to apply for but never actually being able to go out and follow through with any of those things because of minor obligations or insecurities that always get in the way.

I escape my hell by looking up some topic like a programming language or theorem and learning it or thinking about it really hard for a long time. Usually that makes my mind become a lot more clear and rational and causes me to start actually taking action in the rest of my life.

To me pain is just weakness leaving me and my body. It no longer bothers me. Even a serious burn provokes a small sigh and maybe a swear word. I chipped my jaw the other day when I fell down the stairs and smashed into the bannister, I was just annoyed that it swelled and makes me look funny.

hello albert camus

Anyone else have a habit of running thru extended scenarios in their head regarding any thing they think of. Like in detail and multiple ways the smallest things could turn out. I thought this was normal, but I was recently diagnosed with assburgers and I think this might be part of it

OP Here, I do that too. I feel nothing some days, I am angry and anxious and always think something bad is going to happen. Things go well and I worry about the if and when instead of being able to truly enjoy my life. And then when and if they do go wrong I spiral. I kinda seek isolation for periods of time.

When you run out of hope.
Every time you are in pain, emotionally at least, its usually because of hope.
Lost hope of her saying yes.
Lost hope of Having that dream job.
Lost hope of your mom coming home 3 years ago.
Every time I'm hurting, is because I'm all out of hope.
To help ease some pain, be hopeful about something else.
Hope that the new girl says yes
Hope that the new job is good
Hope mom is in a better place
Just, hope

You hit close to home, thank you for this i needed it user.

I know the feeling. But even when I'm not feeling down I still have my fixations. I can't stop running thru ideal situations thru my mind. It's relentless and whenever things turn out boring and unexciting leaving me alone I just begin to feel worse. Even when I have company I always feel completely alone. Just trapped with my thoughts

And there is no off to those thoughts... are there user?

It's no problem man

God no. I've done enough drugs to kill a horse, but things don't change. Two failed attempts, 3 weeks intreatment and 4 different clinically ordered med treatments and nothing ever changes.

But beyond that it seems like I am just not here. I am very intelligent, rather funny, incredibly creative, and yet I can't help but feel like I am barely even visible. I don't help the problem either by having rock bottom self esteem or the fact that I resemble an persian steve buscemi. I don't get anything out of anything in life. I can't connect to people and I don't know if thats cause I'm "supposedly" autistic or because I am a narcissistic ASPD which is the other thing my current psych thinks i am.

I still go on, intent to change everything, but the emptiness just hurts so much. It's like chinese water torture. The pain isn't from the act itself, but the anxiety and knowledge that it seems like it won't ever let up.

Lol, that picture is trying to be deep as fuck, but the quote is ripped straight out of Rick & Morty.

Rick from Rick & Morty but with the Warden from SuperJail too. Not deep, just depressing.

I was held on 51/50 once because they thought I was suicidal because I was a 17 year old who told his counseler that I was always sad and nothing appealed to me, life or death. They said i had morbid depression. The place made me feel like I was a loon. The doctor said I could take meds or see if a judge would release me after a week, if not I would probably staying longer. So i did everything they asked. Stopped taking the medication after i was released and i am still afraid to see help. I dont wanna go back cause i feel ill never get out. I thought i was gonna get help. But i felt worse and still do.

Being in the psych ward wasn't too bad for me. Everyone was pleasant etc. More importantly for the first time I was the least mad there out of everyone else. I was able to not care about everything that nibbles at my thoughts. Honestly I kinda of miss it because while i still felt alone, it felt good that it was cause i was hidden away not actively being ignored by the world

Nihilism is the laziest 'intellectual' movement of all time
>HURR NOTHING HAS INTRINSIC VALUE
Yeah, no shit. 'Intrinsic' is an objective measure while 'value' is a subjective one. Intrinsic value is an oxymoron, we get it. But then that's your entire philosophy? Fuck you, the whole point of value and purpose is that you discover it yourself. Nihilism is the equivalent of an 8 year old saying 'e=mc^2' over and over again because he thinks it makes him sound smart.

Uh... okay? thank you.

That is a good explenation, tripdubs. A good explenation that has nothing to do with this thread.
People knowing my weaknesses, me needing someone for anything, someone I consider as family betraying me (happened only once) and possibly few other things I don't really recall or want to recall.