before fantano: nine inch nails
post-fantano, pre-mu: swans, radiohead, kendrick, nin
post-mu: spiderland, itaots, swans, radiohead, kendrick

>Watched fantano
Of all places, literally why?

>Before Sup Forums: 2010 Sup Forumscore
>After Sup Forums: 2014 Sup Forumscore

you're literally a meme

My taste was pretty similar before but Sup Forums helped me get into bands I had put off like AnCo and The Avalanches. And helped me discover stuff like John Fahey and Yanka Dyagileva.

changed a lot

Before Sup Forums: Swans, Captain Beefheart, Miles Davis, Charles Mingus, John Coltrane, /bleep/ music, something newer/older that gets a lot of love on music sites like MPP or Kid A, and A LOT of guitarists (blues, jazz, classical, etc.) and metal/punk in general.

After Sup Forums: ITAOTS, Spiderland, Jazz outside the big three names mentioned before, and a LOT of post-punk/post-rock/post-hardcore

Outside of a couple starred songs on Spotify the only artist I've found on Sup Forums that I still listen to is Ghost Bath.

The only music I listened to before discovering Sup Forums was The Beatles 1 album.

This desu

>not listening to 2007 Sup Forums-core

>before
Crazy Frog

>after
Death Grips, Swans, Merzbow, Autechre

So not much of a change?

Your taste got worse nigga

random youtube discovery. Didn't know what I was getting into, but I stayed because fantano is dank.

( ^ :

>before Sup Forums
Albums I had discovered and enjoyed before I found Sup Forums

>after Sup Forums
Albums I had discovered and enjoyed before I found Sup Forums + albums I have discovered and enjoyed because of Sup Forums

>pre Sup Forums
youtube.com/watch?v=W3XKeqy8xd4
>first starting Sup Forums
youtube.com/watch?v=apScGVtH2ng
>post Sup Forums
youtube.com/watch?v=G9ixz0gGEHM

This isn't a meme btw

>pre
SOMEBODY
>post
Godspeed You Black Emperor, Interpol, Have a Nice Life

>Going from Blackwater Park and Ocean Machine to Death Grips and Sonic Youth

So you got worse taste after browsing Sup Forums?

Opeth is trash though

Not really, everything they made from Still Life to Ghost Reveries is a masterpiece

>before Sup Forums
Scenecore, pop punk, vidya OSTs

>just discovered Sup Forums
Sup Forumscore, midwest emo, memerap, post-hardcore that isn't warped tour/scenecore

>post-Sup Forums
post-avant jazzcore, progressive dreamfunk

So your taste got even worse?

before i wanted to kill myself

after I have some really great songs to die to

congrats on apex twin, even though that album is his worst and you bring Devin back you fuck, ocean machine is a masterpiece.

>pre-Sup Forums
metalcore, Coldplay, Linkin Park

>post-Sup Forums
Radiohead, The Cure, Burzum

so basically

>pre-Sup Forums
meal, pop rock, edgy teenage shit
>post-Sup Forums
pop rock, edgy teenage shit, meal

>Tfw I had a period in my life a few years ago where I literally only listened to Devin and Aphex Twin for months

Doesn't get comfier than that

Take that back, boy

put aphex twin, swans, and death grips to the left and leave loveless on the right by itself

that's basically where I'm at right now (although I'm listening to a lot of Rolando Simmons as of late as well). Richard and Devin are prolific, adventurous, extraterrestrial-tier musicians.

Kek. Exactly

You people are embarrassing.

>even though that album is his worst
consider necking yourself

I know I am

before scaruffi:
drum and bass from youtube, edm

after scaruffi:
lisa germano, fugazi, jesus lizard, june of 44, slint, my bloody valentine, velvet underground, cop shoot cop, unwound, albini, yes, soft machine, aphrodite's child

Sup Forums is where I discovered scaruffi thanks to the beatles pasta

before Sup Forums:
i love music

After Sup Forums:
I hate music

Pre mu: Tame Impala, Beatles, Pink Floyd, MGMT
Post mu: Joanna Newsom, Radiohead, Nick Drake, The Kinks, Joe Meek, Kanye, NMH, Vampire Wknd, AnCo, Everything Everything, The Beach Boys, GAS, Eno, DG

DnB still beats most music on here.

I've never really payed any attention to Scaruffi but if I love half the bands on there. I should probably check him out a bit then.

So your taste got worse

>before Sup Forums
Classical music, britpop, indie rock ad post pnk

>after Sup Forums
prog rock, various metal and ambient

Haha

>sonic youth
>worse than opeth or devin townsend
lmao

Pre: NMH, Modest Mouse, Built to Spill
Post: NMH, Modest Mouse, Built to Spill, Swans, The Red House Painters

>SY
>not most overrated band of the 80s

Pre-Sup Forums:
Nirvana, Neutral Milk Hotel, Daft Punk, Weezer, The Beatles, Radiohead, Death Grips, way too much fucking vaporwave

Post-Sup Forums:
Swans, Mac Demarco, Slint, Aphex Twin, Car Seat Headrest, Animal Collective, Flying Saucer Attack, Kyuss, Talk Talk, a little less of everything before Sup Forums

Nice

Pre-Sup Forums (2009)
Red Hot Chili Peppers, Radiohead, People Under the Stairs, Mock Orange, Houston, My Chemical Romance, Fall Out Boy, Green Day, Coldplay, Nirvana

Post-Sup Forums (2009-2016)
Red Hot Chili Peppers, Brand New, Elliott Smith, Radiohead, Mew, Sigur Rós, The Avalanches, The Smiths, The Beatles, Mock Orange, Houston, David Bowie, Sufjan Stevens, Dismemberment Plan, Boards of Canada, Jeff Buckley, Cloud Nothings, The Flaming Lips, GY!BE, Pink Floyd, Queens of the Stone Age, Death From Above 1979

So basically, equally shit but ask me if I give a fuck nigga

do you give a fuck?

Hell naw

that hamster is a THOT

not that i dont enjoy the stuff on the left anymore

Too real

Pre-mu: melodeath
Post-mu: no melodeath

Scaruffi is literally the path to happiness. I owe a lot to that great man's work.

BEST MUCORE

>dropping Jar of Flies for death grips
you fell for the meme

>pre Sup Forums: death metal, stoner, jazz, noise, alternative rock, math rock, hip hop, whatever genre is jesu
>post Sup Forums: same as before + old blues recordings, old japanese punk recordings, old school hardcore, a little folk, lots of sharethreads material, whatever genre is jon zorn and most of tzadik recordings, japanese pop, a little shoegaze...never really cared about Sup Forumscore, even tho I like some of the old Sup Forumscore bands, I also can't into electronica

This, anyone who says otherwise takes themselves and their taste too seriously

as best as i can remember.
i'm proud of the moody, introverted fuck i have become.

I'm not proud of myself...

(Just kidding yes I am)

Before Sup Forums
>King Crimson
After Sup Forums
>King Crimson

before
>Ariel Pink
>John Maus
>Earl Sweatshirt
>basic Bowie
>Frank Ocean

after
>Ariel's older stuff, etc.
>Swans
>Fugazi
>FKA Twigs
>GY!BE

I've been on and off listening to Death Gripz since 2012 but I don't care for them lately

+1

im very similar and i am also proud of said introverted fuck-ness

wanna hook up

before Sup Forums: dadrock, rolling stone's token indie faves, Kanye pandora station, like two jazz albums, I didn't have Internet
after Sup Forums: i know about a lot of stuff but Sup Forums could only be credited with showing me the tools and mindset necessary for the exploration. besides the Sup Forumscore list there have prob been more albums i'be checked out in other contexts.

Are you a girl

no

damn

Didn't have any interest in music before Sup Forums, came mainly because I wanted to discover new stuff.
Spent about a year listening to nothing but the top Sup Forumscore.
Few of my favourites are Sup Forumscore at this point though, now I just mainly listen to stuff I find through the rock/metal festivals going on in my country and genre-specific youtube channels.

Stop listening to the cure.

>not still enjoying Alice in Chains
That's some awful faggotry

Modern AiC is underrated btw

Same
I started watching him because of the interview he had with George miller

>the slow gradual development of pleb taste

I still listen all the old stuff, i am never ashamed or consider music that i liked before to be inferior in any way. But all my favorites i got them trough time a little bit like this:

While in School: Deep Purple, Led Zeppelin, Pearl Jam, Ravel, Nine Inch Nails

After first random music forums: Soundgarden, Pink Floyd, Radiohead, Alice in Chains

After Lastfm: Arctic Monkeys, Interpol, Sigur Ros, The Faint, Death From Above 1979, Kanye West, Justice

During 1st Y College: Dead Kennedys, Frank Sinatra, Fantomas, Nujabes

After Sup Forums : Deafheaven, Big Black, BMSR, Death Grips, Kendrick Lamar, Titus Andronicus

Trough Friends: J Cole, Run the Jewels, Joy Division, Deftones

Trough investigation: Bowie, Television, AJJ, Built to Spill, A tribe Called Quest, Ka

Trough concerts: A bunch of local chilean rappers and rock bands

Can you post all albums on the far right? Cause that middle column is basically me right now haha.

After mu you became gay?

how's it going

ok thanks how about you

kek

Before: Aphex, Radiohead, Beatles, Pink Floyd, other prog bands

After: Above + Can

Before: Pink Floyd

After: Pink Floyd

so you were a straight retard and became a gay retard. nice

sonic youth is basically big black and mission of burma gone extremely adept pop and social unrest

considering them overrated is just admitting you want music to stay contrarian and inaccessible

get the fuck off my board

at 16 I listened to Father, Spooky Black, and Morrissey non stop

your older brother was gay, sorry to break it to you

before Sup Forums: a lot of metal
after Sup Forums: a lot of more or less experimental music
after habit became the only reason i still go on Sup Forums: a lot of metal, some indie

I have never posted in a Marina thread

>becoming a Sup Forums drone
>and admitting it

Wow