Anyone else had a surgical wisdom tooth extraction?

Anyone else had a surgical wisdom tooth extraction?

I got my two lowers out under general anaesthesia on friday and I want to know from people who have had it how long it'll take before I stop looking like a fucking chipmunk and can eat more than just soup again without pain and/or damage to the stitches?

Basically just tell me how your healing process went.

2 weeks soup then another 2 weeks non-solid food.. after 1 months its all good

Really?
I had all 4 taken out with general anaesthesia and it only took about 2 weeks total

I am not American.

A month for all 4 and mine looked like the one in OP's post pic

Well, after all let me say that is my first comment here, I'm taking a shit in my bathroom while reading this.

I got more than 4 toots extracted. If you want your stitches closed closed ASAP, do this :

Do not eat fats, or things with oil. If you really want it, clean your mouth ASAP and try to not touch your stitches with the food.

You'll get pain if you drink cold water, and hot water. And if you eat a Chilli too.

Do: clean your stitches with carbonated water, or with salt (search on the Internet for that), and that's almost all what helped me.

Neither am I.

2 fucking months? You've got to be shitting me.

This sounds a bit better. I just want to eat proper solid food and be back to normal. I refuse to give up so from day 1 I've been eating like some kinda weird duck creature, chewing by just like nipping it between my front teeth and swallowing mostly whole. Feelsbadman

I had all 4 taken out surgically and the bottom two were in sideways and they had to put cadaver bone grafts in my jaw so it wouldn't heal with a hole. I was perfectly fine within a week and could eat solids in like 3 days. Didn't balloon up at all. Just do salt water rinses and quit being a bitch.

Yeah I'm doing salt solution mouthwash and regular mouthwash frequently.

Congratulations on your first post I guess

Two options:
1. Eat a dick
2. Stop being a fag

Don't use regular mouthwash if it has alcohol in it. That shit will dry out your mouth and your stitches. You could get dry socket if you do that, which I hear sucks.

I had my 4 teeth removed under local anesthesia 10 years ago ...

I remembered to have it on friday afternoon to have the whole WE to rest and on monday i could eat 'solid' (not too hard food though) and on tuesday everything was OK ...

During week end i ate a shitload of icecream because i love that, and cold is good for this ...

I also heard that under local anesthesia, dentists are quite more delicate because you are awake while it is total butchery under general anesthesia and so it is longer to recover after ...

Took me 2 weeks. Was off of soup and onto some not so solid shit like pasta after 1 week. After the 2 weeks I was back to eating w.e

Side note: I no longer like the taste of soup as sometimes my mouth would bleed and make the soup taste horrible with the added blood.

You should also be able to eat pretty much anything whenever during the healing period if you cut it up fine enough. I use to get pizza and cut it up with a knife and fork into small pieces.

Potato and Gravy works well, so does jelly/jello.

Remember to brush/rinse after meals to keep food from becoming a problem with the wound.

Don't brush towards the stitches for the first 3 or so days, then slowly make your way there with a soft toothbrush.

I worry about the kind of stuff I'll blurt out while living in cloud cuckoo land from the anaesthetic .

You don't need to go under. I did all four with just local and some gas during the procedure. I can still feel the lower jaw ache nearly 6 weeks since.

Got my lower teeth removed without anesthetic

Sometimes you do. Like in my case from this post

Yeah it's alcohol free

concur about 1 month. i couldnt even open my mouth for over a week. had to eat soup with a straw

This.
The big deal is the first few days or week if you want to be really careful where the clot can be sucked loose.

I've since had all of my teeth pulled out except for five on the bottom. They just used novacane shots no gas or any of that, yanked them all out and slapped dentures right in over the stitches.
Ate soft stuff for a few weeks then everything was fine accept for a while later I had a few bone shards come through my gum which I was able to brush and pull out pretty quickly.

I was all good in about a week-2. It was just sore, but you get used to it quickly. Also, I carefully ate solid food, and I was fine. Goodluck, OP.

So did I but I dont think I did anything. I just woke up in the recovery room and it was exactly like getting woken up at like 4am when you're super tired but with a little nausea.

By the time my parents came to pick me up I'd been 100% lucid for almost an hour. I think I might have drifted in and out of consciousness before I 'woke up' properly but I honestly dont remember anything before that and it was just the nurses so who cares. I remember waking up and trying to tell them to get me something in case I puked and I had to say it about 5 times because I was so inarticulate, so if I did say anything stupid they'd never have been able to decipher it.

Still, general anaesthetic is a very broad science and they use cocktails of drugs depending on you as an individual, with each drug doing a different stage of the process, so maybe I just got lucky and got a fast down fast up one with relatively little delerium.

Jesus man, why dont you have any teeth?

I keep hearing about the clot being dislodged and dry socket but I dont know how that can happen because I dont have an open socket, the gum is totally stitched up.

My teeth were always going bad no matter what I did my whole life. Just shitty enamel I guess, they were always really white and nice looking though vs my brothers yellow teeth he barely took care of but who only had a few cavities his whole life.
Got sick of paying for root canals which are close to $2000 with the crown.
So now I have full upper dentures and partial bottoms. I put it off as long as I could but it's nice being able to eat anything without teeth breaking and pain.

I actually got mine out on the 5th, I'm better now with just minor pain. You'll be fine OP, rest and keep frozen peas on your face

>rest and keep frozen peas on your face

Yeah just make sure you stop using the ice after the first 12 hours, definitely not past the first 24 hours or you can start affecting the healing process.

Hi OP, I had all 4 taken with local anaesthesia (it was scarry to see the guy taking them out, he had to break one in pieces). Remember to go to sleep with your head really high, like if you were nearly in a chair.
I was perfectly fine after 3 days

The pain doesnt bother me man, it's just the fucking eating.

Cant tell you how bad I want to go to an all you can eat buffet or tackle some gigantic subway sandwich.

jelly is your friend

I really wanted to as well, I ate things like yogurt and soup. Now I can eat about anything except thick foods, still can't really open jaw all the way

My superior genes didn't give me wisdom teeth faggots haha

Yeah I hear this said but I cant sleep in anything but the lying down position. I flew to australia and it took nearly 2 days, I barely slept at all even though the chairs were comfy and reclinable and I'd popped enough diphenhydramine to give me delirium.

sometimes the medication can make it hard to shit

I used it about the whole time, besides when sleeping, maybe mine wasn't affected at all but I can see how it can affect others.

lol yeah my jaw opens about the breadth of a penny. Having to suck soup off the spoon because I cant fit the spoon in.

My operation was 3 hours long because the dentist said those teeth were really fucking in there and they had to do some proper butchery, so I'm expecting it'll be a long heal.

I lived on pasta primarily pastina in broth and also with sauce for awhile.
Especially with sauce and parmesan cheese on it.