So what does Sup Forums think of this? definitely not his most inspired album...

so what does Sup Forums think of this? definitely not his most inspired album, and he's come out and send himself that it's not his best work.

but there are glimpses on this record of what deadmau5 could be if he really wanted to do something outside of his electro/progressive house norms.

>snowcone
>whelk then
>three pound chicken wing

Other urls found in this thread:

mediafire.com/file/m6533fznhuusizu/W__2016ALBUM_.zip
twitter.com/AnonBabble

somebody have a mega dl pls?

bump
>what do i search on soulseek to find this?
>why does he name his albums so weird?

mediafire.com/file/m6533fznhuusizu/W__2016ALBUM_.zip
here's an iTunes rip I have up on mediafire

it's on pbay

You pretty much nailed it, it's not his most inspired but he's made it very clear that he's tired of staying inside the lines. That being said, there is some really nice pieces all throughout the record and a few little indications of a more ambient/experimental direction he could possibly go in.

Really this album just has me excited on what might come next if he really decides to abandon ship on the whole "deadmau5" thing.

I've heard he wants to do an album more centered around pieces similar to Whelk Then and Snowcone off of this record.

Some of the unreleased stuff he's had on his soundcloud or has been making on streams in the interim has been really well produced and goes entirely outside the mold of what most people would consider a "deadmau5" track.

Kinda mostly disappointed when it comes to this album that I didn't see more of those unreleased gems pop up fully mastered.

>Hyperlandia

deadmau5 has such a fine control over his sound and style and I love when he experiments.

But really though, it's amazing how many songs have gone unreleased with this dude. Or like the case of Fn Pig which first was starting to get put together a year before it finally appeared as a released track.

And the idea of an album centered around anything like Whelk Then has got me all sorts of fucked up. It has to happen.

deadmau5 sucks. He's a total meme.

Criticism level: Youtube comment

Eh it wasn't that great. Had it moments, the sound design is pretty nice and some interesting chord progressions as is expected, but for the most part he just sounds like he's on autopilot with the same arpeggio pluck shtick he's been on since Random Album Title.

No Problem was fucking hilarious. Sounded like he's so desperate to appeal to tanktop wearing festivalfags with a """epic drop""" filled with all over the place bullshit.

No problem is gr8 m8

t. autechre fan

other anons above me pretty much nailed it and I agree with the majority of opinions. overall there are a couple of good parts hinting towards more experimental and interesting output, but whenever he starts merging these generic prog house-cliches into the songs it's disappointing. 2448 and cat thruster feel like really weak shadows of some chords and seeya, imaginary friends starts as strong but then progresses into a really unfitting drop and no problem sounds like a complete joke. snowcone and whelk then sound great, wish he'd do more beat-orientated material

where the fuck do i get this in .flac?. Don't care if i have to buy it, i just want flac.

it just came out dude give it time

i know, i just can't wait.

Personally, I thought his last album was so much better than this. While some parts of it ultimately felt like a poorly written love letter to Trent Reznor there are some underrated tracks on this album that capture a completely different side of the guy.

>Creep
>Superbia
>A Moment to Myself
>Pets (follows the 1/16th arp fad but does a good job of not being too bogged down in the cliches that plague a lot of the songs on this new album)

Wasn't expecting this one to be great but damn hearing tracks like deus ex machina is straight repetitive ear candy plus anybody with a great sound system should listen to this.

agreed user, Deus Ex Machina was my favorite

Favourite is probably 'Three Pound Chicken Wing' or '4ware'. Really like where he's taking his stuff with 'Snowcone' and 'Whelk Then'. It's a shame 'In Videos' isn't on the album though.

>Snowcone
BOOTLEG BOARDS OF CANADA
>original
lel this fucking manchild

Anyone know if there's gonna be a physical release?

its not good considering hes been whining for a couple years of going a different route. but we still get a "hint" of experimentation and back to autopilot mode

For somebody with all the money and freedom in the industry he still continues to release safe projects.

i like joel but his music isn't for me anymore.

Why wouldn't there be a physical release?

Gotta disagree with people in this thread claiming that deadmau5 is "stuck in the lines" of progressive house. Progressive house is very fucking dead. It's been dead for years. Time for a history lesson.

As American-style dubstep was revving up in 2008 to become the global phenomenon it was with the release of Skrillex's Scary Monsters and Nice Sprites at the end of 2010, this form of dubstep infiltrated almost every form of club music.

Beatport is largely to blame for the death of progressive house as they labeled so much electro house as progressive house, making everything shift towards dubstep. It was nearly impossible to find the classic style of progressive house that deadmau5's most critically well-received album Random Album Title innovated.

However, most of the blame lies on the fact that the chaotic, blood-pumping sounds of dubstep and electro house was vastly more marketable to vapid teenagers.

As a result, progressive house doesn't really exist anymore and what people call progressive house now is really just electro house. I contest the idea that deadmau5 is trying to escape the confines of progressive house as he has done just that about 7 years ago and has never looked back, at the dismay of many of his fans, myself included.

If anything, he is trying to disassociate himself from electro house and EDM entirely.

>If anything, he is trying to disassociate himself from electro house and EDM entirely.
wait, did you even listen to the album? because that's not at all what he's doing here. he did try that on his previous album two years ago, now he released a safe but clearly unfinished album

He wasn't trying to do anything. He needed $$$ so he put together 12 tracks he was working on and threw it on a CD.

No, I haven't listened to it. Probably won't. My point was that if he WERE trying to disassociate himself with anything, it would be EDM, as he has done in the past as you so stated. Keyword: were.