What Empire you think contributed the most?

What Empire you think contributed the most?

Science, Technology etc etc.

The United States of America

British empire of course

The Dutch plus Portogoose. Enjoy your nig-nogs, 'murica.

Roman

the romans were good but they stagnated and then when it collapsed a lot of their progress was lost. tbh it was pretty obviously the brits - modern science, systems of government and justice, industrial revolution etc. they basically set down the framework of the modern western world

>Alexander the Great's empire
>it didn't last long
>it didn't have centralized government
BUT:
>he taught everyone greek
>he preserved greek philosophy/science
>the whole of european culture rests upon this philosophy&science

The Third

>a lot of their progress was lost.

What is the Byzantine Empire? They're famous for preserving Roman and Greek teachings and traditions.

Roman empire

/thread

gotta go with America

>the moon
>the internet
>2 world war victories
>defeated the cmmunists
>brought capitalism to the world
>atom bomb
>light bulb/electrcity
>iPhone

until they declined and got overrun. what would you say their lasting international legacy was?

The British Empire

>United the Indian city states
>Founded modern America
>Founded modern Australia
>Founded modern Canada
>Introduced law, education, government and public transport to dozens of countries
>Invented modern world trade ports
>Invented the train
>Introduced canals as industrial transport
>Invented the Iron ship and the twin hull
>Founding fathers of world democracy
>Introduced hospitals
>The Commonwealth
>Abolished slavery
>Invented Greenwich Mean Time - by which the whole world sets its clocks.

Not bad for a little island bobbing around in the sea.

thicc bayte

this

>moon
Credited to Germany and their scientists, and completely unimportant
>atom bomb
See above
>light bulb
Tesla would have probably made it by then, since he was much more intelligent than Edison
>war victories
You weren't alone, and you were pretty isolated both times
>defeated communists
Unimportant, either ideology works, you just tried to impose yours
>brought capitalism
See above, also capitalism was invented long before America was even founded, it was just reinvented
>iPhone
Oh, you're baiting.

The Mu'tazila Caliphate. It preserved and enhanced the Greek philosophy and science and made it available as foundation of the post-Roman Europe.

I'd go for the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria.

Yup, definitely the surprising over-achiever of the world

Is this the ultimate bait?

>light bulb
>tesla
Nope, it was Swan. Edison was just a thief, but yeah, tesla probably would have got it eventually.

The Persians. They established the first "global" (minus Western Hemisphere) trading community. They also made many of the most important advances in math, astronomy, and architecture.

>purposely induced famines in India killing 20m+ people
>didn't create roads and transport systems between towns, only between strategic locations for the Empire
>invented concentration camps

Egypt.

Not an empire but in greeks polis was born the western civilization. Philosophy, biology, literature, sciencie, everything. Romans only bring it back these things really

Mongolian Empire.
Not the nicest bunch of people, but they connected the east and west. This prompted the move of technology pivotal to the European enlightenment period.
>gunpowder
>printing press
>making anime real
>spaghetti
Now you could credit Marco polo with the European "discovery" of the far east, and say that the silk road only extended to the middle east and west Africa. Both are true. But it was this land route that negated the need to travel months and sometimes years around 2 giant continents by boat. And it was the cultural osmosis between near east and west that lifted Europe out of its dark age.
So why Mongolia, again? The age of Mongolian supremacy led to the most peaceful period in the Caucasus mountains and Gobi desert. There was no other feasible way to run a lifeline between east and near east and then, by proxy, the west.

also
>United States is an empire, look up what that word means

>invented concentration camps
We didn't invent concentration camps.
They existed long before the Boer war.
The ones we did have held prisoners - they weren't extermination camps.

>didn't create roads and transport systems between towns, only between strategic locations for the Empire
Actually the British did oversee the building of roads all across india. We also guarded our trade routes and ensured the safety of our workers - most of whom were paid and housed.

>purposely induced famines in India killing 20m+ people
This is a myth - the famines of British India were caused by recorded poor weather and poor crop conditions. They happened before British rule, and after as well.

Keep trying though - i'm sure uniting your country, democratising it, trading with it, and giving it law, order, technology, healthcare and industry was probably a bad thing in some way...

I can do you one better.

Have you ever been to India? No.
Ask the Indian people who were there under the British rule and ask them if the are thankful.

>implying curry niggers shouldn't be purged
>implying curry niggers shouldn't be rounded up

Yes, I have been to India - several times.

And while they are not grateful for British influence, they do at least acknowledge its significance in the creation of modern india.

>invade india
>hate indians
english people never made much sense

>moon landing completely unimportant
wat

>ITT Europigs mad because their countries are 3rd world shitholes. America #1.

Cool, if you've been to India several times. Upload some pics of your trip :)

India was given all the tools it needed to become a modernised civilisation - and yet they still live like animals.

Honestly why did they never wall off the north of Italy, they built hadrian's wall which was pretty much equal in size. If they walled off Italy we'd all be speaking a modern latin right now.

I dont take pictures when i'm visiting my brothers you asshole.

I'm not the same user you were talking to, I'm a Kiwi.
You guys are shit-tier Jews.

It was a pissing contest. It's unimportant since it had no real benefits other than showing off rocket technology.

pic from my trip

why did you idiots even go there? What did they have, that you need? Curry? You don't even like fucking curry.

>Taking credit for national GDP
>GDP being what the wealthy benefit from
hows those roads paved with gold, basementlurker?

Those fags were floating around on board for hundreds of years until Americans invented flight.

I'd say it inspired a whole generation of modern day scientists, it was instrumental in garnering public attention for modern technology.

>You guys are shit-tier Jews
bro, who the shit said I was indian?

To civilise the savages, why else?

Of course, not one single picture! Man i bet it was a great trip!

Spice.

I just assumed, you seemed pretty defensive.

The Nazi Regime. I learned a lot from them, like how to live my life, for example

Alps

minerals, spices, textiles, precious metals and gems, tea, manpower...

Lots of stuff bro

Can't believe anything other than Greeks isn't being laughed at.

and why would you wanna do that?
britfarts can't stomach spiced food, you know this.
nah, just wondering what the whole invading and civilizing shit is all about.

Well this is an empire thread. Not overall contribution by a people.

And the third Reich, no one's laughing there anymore

They took India because it was an investment, they had lots of resources which the British exploited. In return, the English brought education and civilisation, none of which they've really put to good use except using their English to move to the West and leech off their economies.

Greece, until they got butt-fucked by the sand niggers

>britfarts can't stomach spiced food, you know this.

You may want to google "British national dish"...

you already had minerals in Africa, spices are too harsh for your lilly bellies, textiles can be produced and found everywhere, metal and germs are found in Africa too and manpower.. ? Indians are weaklings, compared to black nigger specimens.

spotted dick

Greek empire? lolwut
Greeks couldn't even manage an economy propped up by an economic powerhouse.

Well do you expect them to invade their friends/allies instead of people they hate?

so all in all, it was helluva shitty investment. Got it.
>You may want to google "British national dish"...
>chicken tikka masala
lol britbongs, your watered down masala would make a desi child laugh. Your national dish is fucking fish & chips, mate. The most spicy part being the malt vinegar.

Is Greece an empire right now?

they only started hating the fuckers, after invading. Maybe, just a thought, how about not invading shit at all?

It was profitable until they educated the shitskins and they started demanding independence, was all downhill from there.

Not Rome. I too made the common mistake of assuming that because Rome grew enormous and extremely wealthy, all manner of wonderous innovations came from it. Then I actually spent a few years studying history, and found out how wrong I was. Rome so believed in conquest that it nearly all of the great innovations often mistakenly attributed to it came from elsewhere though conquest, most of them not even intentionally, but in a haphazard, careless way that cost every civilization including rome itself dearly. Once the Jews rolled in (thx u jews) with their old egyptian treasure cache, Rome suddenly became quite good at law, and incredibly rich. But culturally, it saw no point in pure research, and never understood why the greeks did. Rome scored its innovations through conquest, destroying other cultures, and once back, if sifting through the loot some soldiers grabbed from a sacked town, there was some curiosity that piqued interest, it may be put to use, but often times, those innovations sat on shelves for generations before someone noticed them and took an interest in them.

The #1 thing Rome "contributed" was the idea that a total power/total wealth scheme could be a fucking animalistic domineering asshole for a while. before tearing itself to pieces from within and without. But we already knew that because Carthage demonstrated it when Rome was still an obnoxious neighborkid. Hell the only reason we have any greek philosophy, politics & law at all is because after Rome destroyed it and killed everyone worth a shit, a few soldiers safed some of their work in a pile of other junk, which was ignored for centuries until someone picked it up as a curiosity and went, "hey, you remeber these guys we destroyed, listen to this shit, some of this stuff is breddy gud".

Basically rome was shit. Just a very big, and fairly long shit.

It;s still my favorite place, but fuck it if they weren't barbarossa.

>Your national dish is fucking fish & chips, mate
kek

I think you're either referring to the Hellenic Empire , which was Macedonian (a people the Greeks did not consider remotely Greek).
Or the Byzantine Empire, which was a government and military institution set up by the Romans.
"Greeks" did not have an empire, because when you gather a room full of Greek people together they fuck each other to death.

I hate the term Desi. All I associate with it are fat chicks on the internet.

so, they should've stayed home.

They don't want to life like you?
Gee I fucking can't imagine why.

Ohh easy the asians they invented sticks that you can eat with

desi desu to you senpai

>we multiculti now

mainly for trade, heck most of the reason why kingdoms and empires go to war is to be rich just hide it under religious reasons.

Hellenic Empire and Greek Empire are tautonymous terms.
>Macedons were not Greeks.
8/8

because they will totally stop an army marching through the many passages and the lowlands near genoa, and venice

No, your logic is flawed.

city states isn't an empire.

>Abolished slavery
Well so did Sweden after their empire during the 18th century, and many many other countries. Lincoln had to fight to force half the continent, while the swedes growed the fuck up.

Except they fucked it all up in the end, and should reinforce slavery and prima nocta.

So I assume the Illyrians, Odrysians and other proto-slavs were Greek too, because they lived nearby and copied some of their culture.

great counter there, brah bruh.

I do believe he means when they stopped being a city state, and were an Empire.

Well, Merkel is done as of 2016.
Rising german right-wing sentiment has a year left to get a reasonable sounding candidate together to score the position.

After that, France will walk from the EU, and if France goes, so will go NL and Sweden. ...Leaving a euro union comprised of Germany and a bunch of debtor nations to it, which germany and brussels both have a vested interest in managing economically and defending from a growing russian threat to the east. At that point, might as well call it what it is, a new de facto german empire.

Without doing a fucking thing to directly pursue it, this scenario could land square on germanys face.

Pretty much. The internet is this exponential thing that trumps everything and continues to make humanity even better.

inb4 some Brit tries to argue they invented it because they invented the protocol that rests neatly on top of the American concept of networked computers.

Even didn't contest it.

/thread

Someone is lying.

>proto-slavs
>Slavs being anywhere near the balkans before medieval ages
Stop typing.

Third reich:

Rockets,
Moonlanding (designed by nazis so fuck you amerifags) operation "paperclip" readup
The First assault Rifle (Stg44)
Volkswagen cars
Jet Aircraft
Nuclear Bomb (Started develovement)
Stealth fighter/ "flying wing" design
Hand held anti-air rockets
Guided missiles
First troop/ material Transport aircraft
Night vision
Helicopters
First programmable computer
Programming language
Stereoscopic filming
Fanta
Fashionable hugo boss uniforms

>Slavs being anywhere near the balkans before medieval ages
then where were they?

WHERE
WERE
THE SLAVS?

squatting underground?

>proto
the fuck are you on? are you even trying?

>lasted 13 years
>costed 55 million lives
>great leader offs himself

impressive

From before history until 1905, the Chinese Empire endured while all others fell. It took 250 of mismanagement by corrupt foreigners, the combined might of the strongest nations of Europe plus America, and three civil wars to topple it. Even while they were busy killing each other in the longest and bloodiest civil war of the 20th Century, they remained independent in the face of a decade long foreign invasion.

And the goddamned commies are pretty much running things like the Chinese Empire has always run things.

>What Empire contributed the most?
>The only one that never stopped

Behind the Carpathian mountains, you uneducated swine.

This

I assume you're drunk, cause posting seems hard for you. Guess where the Illyrians came from?
Again
>proto

Summer sure is heating up in here.