Why are you faggots stuck on Sup Forumscore? It's embarrassing as fuck to see the same albums posted every day...

Why are you faggots stuck on Sup Forumscore? It's embarrassing as fuck to see the same albums posted every day. You do know that they're supposed to be used as entry level albums into musical styles or genres that you may like? I don't want to come off as condescending but broaden your horizons

I don't get it either user. I can't imagine listening to forced list of music every day and not exploring music on your own.

It's to fit into this board and be able to have conversations about the same shit.

This is what I mean. Do people genuinely not find it fun and interesting to keep discovering music that they like? It's just so fun to me to find great shit even if you have to wade through a bunch of duds

>Doesn't get the idea of popularism
>Doesn't understand that these aren't the same people posting them and that the constant flow of people in and out of this board leads to there being an average subject matter

*popularity

Exactly, nothing feels more rewarding than finding hidden gem releases. Just this morning I've listened to 3 albums that I found on my own.

I understand that they're popular albums and for a reason, but it's most definitely not the same people posting them, people genuinely get stuck at Sup Forumscore and never move on.

That's awesome, I've been digging into my krautrock backlog that I put together but never listened to and though I've hit a few 'eh' albums, I've found tons of overlooked masterpieces

bump

most people including myself like familiar
why listen to something new that I might not like when I could listen to Sung Tongs for the 50th time and now that I'll love it again

damn you just summed up the mentality of Sup Forums and it's really sad

That's the mentality of most people. It's not sad, whatever floats your boat. Some people like same old, some people like to be adventurous; nothing wrong with either state of being.

I mean yes that is the mentality and to some degree it's immature but at the same time I don't have a problem with it
Music is to be enjoyed. If someone enjoys listening to the same music a lot then why not?
If I'm trying to use my valuable time to listen to two hours of music do you think I'll choose two hours of music that I have no idea if I like?
Is there a problem of listening to a lot of albums on repeat if you still sometimes find new things to put in your repeat rotation?

I suppose its not awful but I just want fresh discussion here, is that really too much to ask for?

I feel that. There's not a lot of Sup Forums-core on the charts I post, and it's nice when I get a (you) along the lines of 'that album's amazing, wish it were discussed more', but mostly it's just 'lol git gud taste'-tier shit when you can bet most people haven't heard most of the shit on most charts. Sup Forums's like any other social network, it's got its MO and it follows it. Can't really escape that anywhere.

I don't mind it though; I'm here for the memes. Good discussions that veer from the typical circle-jerked albums are rare but the cherry on the meme cake.

if you really want you can force an album you like into mucore category
Spam it
Post threads with it's album cover over and over pretending to be different people
reply to your own threads
post the album cover in the 11/10 moments threads and then reply to your own posts
Real people will start to listen to the album and start making these posts for you
It is the nature of Sup Forums

I like to do a mix of both, finding new music or listening to my backlog and listening to old and new favorites too.

Why is it so bad to indulge into an album enough times to learn whether it's good or not? Most albums don't give you the full picture without a few listens or so.

Sup Forumscore at it's worst is when people think it's the only type of music you SHOULD listen to.

There's definitely nothing wrong with listening to an album enough to get a feel of it, it's just that there's some people that feel they can't trust their own tastes to find things themselves so they just stick to popular opinions here

Exactly. Objectively speaking, it gets tiring to meme out about IAOTS or Kid A. My favorite threads have gone from "LE FRESH MU MEMEMEMEMES" to just genre-threads, like /metal/ and /bleep/.

Record-store findings have been enjoyable for me too, i got into Amiina after picking up their 10" EP while record-scrounging.

Sup Forums is just really fucking lazy when it comes to music and completely lacks initiative.
Why bother digging through labels that you like, why bother looking at the artists who inspired the ones you like? It's far easier to just check out what your favourite critic talks about. Exploration takes the tiniest bit of effort and that's clearly too much for most of Sup Forums.
Essentials charts just reinforce this bullshit, it's an easy way to consume a genre and feel like you're versed in it without digging in and making your own assessments.

It's all pretentious cringey af shit IMO

What makes people so lazy? Is it really the internet? I remember needing to go outside and meet people to find new music, reading fanzines, going to music shops and browsing the new records.

laziness, taking your pride and "good taste" for granted for spending hours posting here, lack of motivation because you can just spout pleb at everyone who disagrees with you. That kind of thing.

do you think it'll ever change? I can really only see it getting worse due to the influx of users, primarily underage impressionable users who think they should just conform.

WHILE I DO AGREE WITH LEARNING TO BROADEN ONE'S MUSICAL TASTE, I HAVE TO SAY:

THEN POST NEW ALBUMS AND SHIT YOU WHINY FUCK

CONTRIBUTE INSTEAD OF COMPLAINING

the charts telling you the exact order to listen to albums is really pathetic. especially when it's for artists who don't even have big discographies. if you want a general recommendation for what albums to start out with fine, but to be spoon fed the entire way??????????????

it's very sad when that's the mentality of a community that allegedly is interested in music

I can see your point and I myself find it painful to watch the circlejerk that mos if this board is.

But you're a cunt for believing that your personal preference is what should be deemed the rule. People can listen to music however the fuck they want.

If someone enjoys a simple AnCo record, or a catchy Mars Volta song and are comfortable with just that, what gives you the right to shove down their throat your experimental lowercase field-recordings of a children's hospital in Nazi Germany Berling?

Let others be uncultured fucks and get off your high-horse.

I often do exactly that and my threads either get no replies or literal memes as the replies. I felt like complaining with a somewhat constructive topic.
It's not that I want everyone to conform to my rules, I'm not even sure where you're getting that. I just want some fresh discussion that isn't the same few albums over and over again

I always try to get into new genres but I keep end up listening to the same Sup Forumscore favourites.

I think my tastes are permanently stuck

good luck getting over 15 replies in that thread if it's not reviewed by pitchfork or the bald guy from youtube

Since I feel nice I'll give you a tip for getting into genres. If there's a band you really like, check out what label they're on. Often times there will be similar bands or bands that aren't very similar but you may not know about them yet.

>Why are you faggots stuck on Sup Forumscore? It's embarrassing as fuck to see the same albums posted every day. You do know that they're supposed to be used as entry level albums into musical styles or genres that you may like? I don't want to come off as condescending but broaden your horizons
>>supposed to be used
>>it's embarassing as fuck
>>don't want to come off as condescending

Your op wasnt even close to what you just said.

And in any case, how about your spark new discussion on new albums or obscure music instead of whining?

Is this ur first week on moo?
Or the only other way is if you spam the album until it becomes a meme, and I don't think I'd even wish that fate upon my most hated artist

Like I said, I do that often and I don't get any replies because people here really don't care about it unless they have someone else to tell them that it's good. And yeah I get that the OP did come off as condescending and rude, but how else am I supposed to get people to respond?
>hey guys I just want to say that its a good idea for you to listen to new stuff, if there's something you like, explore that genre
yeah right, that will get 5 replies before it 404s

I know about getting into band using labels, but 90% of the time it's just the same genres. I want to get into things like folk, classical, jazz, and world, but it's hard.

>I don't have an answer
>"H-ha! You're a n-newfag!"

Second year in this hellhole, my dude.

Yes. You're correct in this sense. Most people here are sadly unaware or uninterested in discussing music that isn't everyday bullshit.

T b h no point in arguing anymore. This place is shit, people will still be AnCo normies, and obscure albums will remain obscure.

There should be a general thread for obscure music.

>Jazz
>World
alright I got you man, check out Rabih Abou Khalil - Cactus of Knowledge
The Joe Harriot Double Quartet - Indo Jazz Suite
Dorothy Ashby - Hip Harp

I suppose that could work, I doubt it would last long though..

I'll try those, but I must have listened to dozens of albums in those genres and I'm still not into them.

is the soft spot in your head acting up sis? literally linked right to the post and chimed IN. pitchfork, fantano, or spam it until it becomes a meme.

u gonna try and refute that? before or after closing the tabs of the above mentioned things

Honestly, the best thing you can do is continue to keep listening until something clicks with you