Do you guys realise how embarrassing this board is? Everyone here acts elitist as fuck...

Do you guys realise how embarrassing this board is? Everyone here acts elitist as fuck, but on the whole everyone's taste is on par with Reddit and the level of musical knowledge on here is ridiculously poor. Compare with an actual intellectual board such as /lit/, for example, and it's barely recognisable as the same website.

Sup Forums has been on a steady decline since 2010.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wLzEgrHKxNM
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Nah, I don't by give two shits what people say about the music I like.

This post is the most elitist thing I've read all day desu

all true

>he doesn't listen to avante-garde nu-harsh noise

>caring enough about other people to make this post

>he hasn't experience 'real' music
*chuckles audibly*
here, kid.
I'll start you off with something that expanded my horizons.
youtube.com/watch?v=wLzEgrHKxNM

Elitism is acceptable when I know more about the music arts than you.

test

>reading comprehension

Just listen to the damn music and stop talking.

>Writing About Music is Like Dancing About Architecture

I comprehended what you wrote just fine. No need to be salty because you don't understand good music.

>lit intellectual
Just look in the catalog: These are *sudointellectuals* posting memes.

Clearly not.
>on the whole everyone's taste is on par with Reddit and the level of musical knowledge on here is ridiculously poor

>implying

What's your point? You don't know much about music, but you think you do. How would you know the level of people's musical knowledge when your level of knowledge is so meager?

Look at the catalog. It's full of overhyped pleb trash. Swans, Kanye, Death Grips etc. dominate the board while classical is limited to one thread at a time. No one here is actually musically educated – "criticism" on here usually amounts to attacks on the fanbase or abuse of vague buzzwords such as "overproduced" or "generic". You'd think for a board specifically designated as a place for music discussion people on here would actually have some kind of genuine interest in the artform rather than blind worship of the hype-cycle.

>an actual intellectual board such as /lit/,
Was with you until this

>actual intellectual board such as /lit/

/lit/ is just a more elitist and retarded than Sup Forums. They just echo what they read in their patrician-approved books and don't have an original thought in their heads.

this thread will be forgotten by everybody by tomorrow and absolutely nothing about this board will change

Guys

Everyone on Sup Forums is stupid.

holy fuck guy, and thus a new copypasta was born

Not everyone is like you though, condecending and arrogant. So we can be thankful for that

>Compare with an actual intellectual board such as /lit/
the board that contains a large population of people who think Infinite Jest is a masterpiece and/or that there is a god

This is one big pile of shit. Implying that anything but classical isn't considered an art form is simply incorrect, and labelling artists and fans is in itself the most condecending think that you could do, do us a favour and change your attitute and start a thread about your musical interest or just fuck off

Humans in general, actually

bingo

Literally no one acts elitist everyone's only waifu fagging