youtube.com/watch?v=OI8dZCIB0p4
youtube.com/watch?v=p1SbpyZk2Cw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Its a good movie tho

only bc they don't tour

No because they're a one trick pony

>everything must be deep and layered brooding fag """art rock"""

you don't get pop music user, stick to your overwraught swans reunion albums

Nah they are pretty cool. Spastic punk stuff. Overall the similar style doesn't get boring because they vary it up in melodies/rhythm, while also having tracks like Hack Hack Hack Variation 2 and Waste Of Space that vary it up a bit. Sorta like Devo's first LP.

rec me more spaz punk

m.youtube.com/watch?v=BxdBJgK18ao

That's not what I was saying at all. As a fan of punk rock i think they're a one trick pony. The first tapes were cool but by now it's become the same thing over and over again.

yep

does anyone have any experience with their label... records incorporated? who runs that label?

youtu.be/QIU00jY5k5Q
youtu.be/gP_RWMpwZtM
youtu.be/gUzn_fSwpQo
youtu.be/ldOayBSOqD8
youtu.be/Ze-c7n0lka4

p much everything on jimm'y channel is great

If you want music that sounds like autism try Cardiacs

>similar to Coneheads
Liquids - Hot Liqs

>post-hardcore
Frodus - And We Washed Our Weapons In The Sea
Drive Like Jehu - Yank Crime

>screamo
Off Minor - The Heat Death Of The Universe
Antioch Arrow - Gems Of Masochism/In Love With Jetts

Well, outside the first two tapes, the only non-Live legit new stuff they released is on Selected Ringtones Tape 3. Are you just complaining about the lack of totally new content from them?

No i'm complaining that they write the same song every time. They broke up a while ago.

is Q still a band

pls tell me Q is still a band

But...if you think the first tapes were cool (the same tapes that make up every track on LP1) why are you complaining about the band themselves? Or do you not like anything they have done?

also didnt they play a fest this year

When the first tape got around they were cool because it was something different but they've proven they're not able to do anything else. It's easy to get sick of this band.

Don't know anything about Q

you mean talking heads

Nah not really. Their second tape has all the tracks that are pretty different in songwriting approach to their first tape (Out of Conetrol, the Hack Hack Hacks, Lizard Lady, and Waste Of Space.)

Maybe you can say this for Selected Ringtones Tape 3 since half those tracks are one trick ponies.

I think every Coneheads song sounds the same. With or without drums like that version of Hack Hack Hack.

Cool, I guess some do some don't. I personally really enjoy the band because like I said, while their overall style is similar their approach to it per track tends to be very different thanks to spastic changes in rhythm and a variety of melodies on guitar. Even the tracks with the vocal effects/drum machines/other electronic stuff tend to not just feel like gimmicks but actual changes since they often come with accommodated rhythms and shit.

But you do you, love.

I just think you're trying a little too hard to like this band. Nothing they do is that drastically different form the last thing. You can like them and not over inflate what they do.

You think so. I gave my personal reason to like them. You can't decide what I do or don't like. Same with me to you.

Do rec me more bands that do stuff like them though if you know! Genuinely interested.

The whole midwest scene is the same thing. Just a bunch of bands trying to be the coneheads that sound like they recorded themselves on an answering machine.

Well, any names? If I look up the midwest, i just get stuff like Lawrence Arms and Dillinger Four. If I zero in on their area, I get Bugg, Frankie And The Witch Fingers, Ooze, DLIMC, etc. none of which sound like Coneheads.

>Just a bunch of bands trying to be the coneheads
No offense, but doesn't that mean that the Coneheads did something original and interesting enough for people to try to copy?

DLIMC sounds exactly like Coneheads, dude.

most of them sound like Coneheads because most of them are the guys in Coneheads

and again, didnt they play a fest this year?

I don't know. I just know at a show like last year they said they were breaking up.

Nah, it's for the most of it much slower except maybe the July Cassingle. Not to mention the production/mixing/effects are completely different, too with them even willing to do clean guitar stuff with DLIMC. Same members doesn't always equate to the same exact that.

youtube.com/watch?v=e9-d2qGkrpA

I just want more alien punk like Human Eye and Coneheads.

(What’s Your) Dew Do Dude? sounds exactly like a coneheads outtake my man

Someone on Sup Forums who likes Human Eye?

is this a punk general now

should i post locals

What's your favorite record of theirs?

Yes

They Came From the Skies, their self-titled coming in a close second.

Only real similarity from that track is maybe some of the guitar work. But even then it's nowhere near as dissonant as Coneheads with the bass not as angular. Vocal approach very different.

Not sure how something like

youtube.com/watch?v=Zsoc_f8UoMQ

or

youtube.com/watch?v=Ckhbhe0d82w

sounds anything like Coneheads.

What do you think of Fragments of the Universe Nurse? Have you listened to any of Timmy's other bands?

oh shit. we can post locals? just punk or also hardcore?

youtube.com/watch?v=PR8o72TmQbU

Implying you can actually hear anything about how angular the bass is

pls no hardcore

wild, fucked up spaz punk from western mass

meatdreams.bandcamp.com/releases

shit, my bad

Most interesting band coming from the NY hardcore scene. Even if you don't like typical NYHC, this one's definitely worth listening to. No electric guitar, there's noise effects instead which emulate everything from an electric guitar to more. Cool non-intrusive spoken word type stuff in between that tells the story, too.

mommynyc.bandcamp.com/

>play bass line different from guitars so it's easy to hear
?

super aggressive deathrock outta providence

savageblindgod.bandcamp.com/album/skinny-lizard

posted last night but the thread died

This is gay

Post-punk with nifty guitar melodies. Bleak yet energetic, too.

ironlungpv.bandcamp.com/album/positive-energy-lp-lungs-070

hairsprayqueen.bandcamp.com/releases

new band outta providence, also posted last night. one of my favs locally at the moment, excited to hear what they do

forgot pic

does noise rock still rule providence?

Go past the first track famalia. Shit sounds like a more hardcore punk version of the more industrial sounding stuff guys like Killing Joke sorta did.

But user I don't like Killing Joke

Psychedelic Punk from Texas. Not sure if they have done anything recently though.

hardwarerecords.bandcamp.com/album/wiccans-field-ii-lp

we have some noise rock bands like pic related (who are fucking excellent and highly recommended), but the old olneyville scene has kinda fallen back. its still there, most of the old heads are still around and the younger ppl show up to those shows when they happen, but the "classic pvd noise rock" is more intermingled with extreme metal and noise now. The punk scene is sorta separate from it, but it's such a small city that everyone knows about and dabbles in all of the sub-scenes

also brian chippendale just had a kid so im assuming lightning bolt and black pus will be outta commission for a bit, but who knows

That's pretty cool. I got really into OSS a few years back.

Sucks for you then, fambrolio.

The vocals and vocal effects on this are pretty nice.

the singer loses his shit live

goonplanet.bandcamp.com

more providence good-ness, some kooky weirdo noise rock/punk

Does anyone here like Teenage Queers?
youtube.com/watch?v=T3UvIGFuHqU

and i forgot the pic again

I heard of clone defects and his solo stuff but 't gotten around to it yet.

Fragments isn't a bad album, I really enjoy it but their other records happen to be more memorable and well written.

Clone Defects were great. He was in a punk band called Epileptix before that was also real good
youtube.com/watch?v=OI8dZCIB0p4
youtube.com/watch?v=p1SbpyZk2Cw

Darkwave/post-punk stuff from Richmond. Not sure if this type of stuff is fit for the topic, but still kinda cool.

bump

Thank you. Really hope this thread keeps going