/prod/

Flum "Performing" Live Edition

>Production Resources:
>Pastebin - Links, books, videos, articles, tutorials and stuff
pastebin.com/pYGCLu6q

>/prod/ wiki - still looking for contributors (wink, wink, WINK)
mu-sic-production.wikia.com
There's a severe lack of DAW descriptions in the wiki. If you're good with your tool of choice, consider writing a paragraph about it.

Remember to use clyp.it to post your tracks/WIP : posting a clyp.it is just providing sound for a question, posting a soundcloud link is making self-advertisement and the thread doesn't need that.

Remember to check other peoples' clyp.it links to keep the thread healthy.

Other urls found in this thread:

clyp.it/v33pgrsd
clyp.it/ej4i0g5a
clyp.it/kma2lyxg
youtube.com/watch?v=mbgPZMvVmWw
clyp.it/1nzro4np
clyp.it/vqdhyflm
youtu.be/_n063qHordI
clyp.it/u34fa00c
clyp.it/gfp33xig
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beat_deafness
youtube.com/watch?v=bbDZMYyEdLk
clyp.it/05vx5m1b
clyp.it/oryrmyzk
clyp.it/juvkvz2z
youtube.com/watch?v=oU8_wK61TrE
clyp.it/hiou0d1d
clyp.it/hruf00gt
youtube.com/watch?v=bGQhZyqIg0A
youtube.com/watch?v=EEupFYK9aKg
youtube.com/watch?v=RRL7t51KxgE
clyp.it/izd43jb1
clyp.it/waid5ken
clyp.it/z2qjeapg
youtube.com/watch?v=yet2Q0M32GQ
clyp.it/l3aivt1x
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Bought a cheap keyboard at goodwill and started making little songs with lmms.
Slowly forming something that sounds like something. Literally no musical knowledge though so it's been not so great.
clyp.it/v33pgrsd

clyp.it/ej4i0g5a
Does this have any potential?

why not
make a track out of it

BOW DOWN TO THE GOD OF /PROD/

i saw that video. Based Flume got forced by triple gay to watch a 11 year old boost the bass on his preset by +15db. This is what every FL Studio does in real life.

care to share friendo?

clyp.it/kma2lyxg

post-rock WIP, instrumental as of now...any thoughts? should vocals be added?

youtube.com/watch?v=mbgPZMvVmWw

Where do people buy and sell "used" plugins?

clyp.it/1nzro4np

Can anyone on /prod/ sing?

skip to 3:20 for lulz

I don't know what I'm doing anymore clyp.it/vqdhyflm

What are your favorite electronics-heavy albums that you wouldn't classify as "electronic" albums? Like how Deathconsciousness is pretty synth and drum machine-heavy but it's not really electronic music.

I'm trying to make something interesting with weird glitchy sounds and samples but it always just comes out sounding like a bad Flying Lotus track

>clyp.it/1nzro4np
How does one sing over this?

youtu.be/_n063qHordI

a bit like this I guess.

Ah, interesting. Yeah, I can't do that, sry

Here's a blatant blank banshee ripoff that I started tonight. Whaddya think?
clyp.it/u34fa00c

What is his endgame?

pussy

I just tried Ableton and their mono engine is pretty bad, wouldn't recommend at all.

Retards Attempting Production

Is that Richard Stallman at the bottom (literally)?

Never mind, someone shopped the head from this photo of him

Nice meme

Can anyone help me out with this? I'm using an audio interface that I'm playing into in FL Studio, and I'm sending what I play straight to the output of the interface so I can listen to it with headphones.

While playing, there's a really loud static which I thought was from me having my gain up so high, but when I export to a .wav file, there's no static at all. I can turn the audio monitoring level down, but there's still static unless it's all the way off or I turn the gain down so much that recording volume is super low. If anyone knows what's up I'd appreciate some insight.

Would standard Google Drive be a good enough solution for long distance collaboration?

Try using Asio4All driver

Actually I think I just figured it out and basically I'm retarded.

I think so, or Dropbox.

why are you guys always sucking Flume's dick

have a look at your microsoft gain settings, they are automatically set really high

Flume here AMA

clyp.it/gfp33xig
Porter Robinson here AMA

>clyp.it/gfp33xig
1:40 is off

after you said that last time I tried to figure out what you meant but I still don't understand. it goes SOMEWH and on the -ERE drops with the beat it's quantized and ready to go my mans

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beat_deafness

nah it's ok, after getting feedback from like 30 people you're the only one who has a problem with that part

Getting feedback on your slot machine song from your mom isn't that worthy.

Flum here at a white tash party, all they are r playing at country, give mr song suggestions.

P.s the songs r distorting and they don't even realize. Sweet home alabama hadbeen played like 6 times

white ppl are the worst baka
try this bro
youtube.com/watch?v=bbDZMYyEdLk

Will I get irrationally upset if I watch this? His face is already triggering me

everyone in the video should be gassed

Who /Ableton/ master race?

>clyp.it/ej4i0g5a
this is cool!

>ableshit

>being this mad
man, just because you probably can't make music you don't have to project that on to others who make some decent shit. there was literally 0 reason for you to say that.

>haha projecting xd
When will this meme end.

lololol that is garbage of the highest caliber

.being this upset someone doesnt agree with you

people can have different opinions than you ya know, i also think the "somewhere" is cheesy and kekworthy, like, in what context is that word being said?

naming my shit is hardest

i literally just look around and think of random stuff and name it the first random thing i come up with

>samefagging this hard
I'm not upset at all and my response wasn't for you disagreeing with me, it's for making retarded assumptions or should i say, 12 year old comebacks and "assumptions" like this:
>Getting feedback on your slot machine song from your mom isn't that worthy.

clyp.it/05vx5m1b

I'm just gonna keep trying until i stop sucking at them

Tommy Gun 100 Drum

clyp.it/oryrmyzk

>Flum "Performing" Live Edition
LMFAOO i just keked here, who is this nigga flum

we don't even push buttons anymore, we just fits the place

spent the morning making a little ambient tune while it snow outside

clyp.it/juvkvz2z

comfy? not sure if I like the kick

>tfw no tutorials for Sonar

nice photoshop

who even uses that nowadays?

good thing i was able to cancel my preorder for the tr-09

ohhhh I know a guy :^)

>clyp.it/v33pgrsd
this sounds like a diplo song

>clyp.it/ej4i0g5a this is great but please like put a filter on those hi hats or some more reverb or something they sound so out of place bc the rest of the track is so airy

This is exactly what is wrong with edm, kids just pressing the white keys baka

youtube.com/watch?v=oU8_wK61TrE tf is this garbage

seems like autism to me

>1:40
not that user but i'd imagine it's the same thing i'm hearing, sounds like the female vocal needs to be warped to the beat more. the last phrase sounds like it's an 1/8 or 1/16 note too late.

clyp.it/hiou0d1d
any potential? I know my 808's need more punch but I've been struggling to figure out how

Is there a way to play songs without a laptop and just hardware? What would I need ?

what do you mean? what kind of music do you want to make?

Just heard 0,8 miliseconds of it, i think this needs More Life, i mean yiu did well, but this can be less cold can it? I would love hear a female vocal falsetto over it starting by the half-middle.

I guess like edm ?

I just name it the date with a number at the end

literally a million, 22 quack, a million
cause ducks. You get it?

1) Art performance artist. Bring literally anything to the stage. You're the mecha John Cage. Go ape shit. Eureka, music.

45) Lit(ally) Pendrives and a soundsystem (Paredões) or subwoofer (small crowd).

7) Auxiliar cable your cellphone playlist with prepared instrumentals/mix into a amplifier sound box or car-into-the-stage (preferable a European big Truck)

2) use your voice its like joanna newsom show

for EDM a laptop would be vital I think. lots of automation, visual EQing, sample packs, all that shit

jump on table a swing your feminine penis

clyp.it/hruf00gt

Please help I need some inspiration

absolutely

You just need something to use as a sequencer. You can either get a dedicated hardware sequencer to control other midi devices, or you can get a bunch of gear that has small on-board sequencers and sync them together via midi...or both.

newer gear to check out would be Elektron Octatrack, The Pyramid Sequencer, Arturia Beatstep Pro. Most of the new korg stuff has on-board sequencers and can pair nicely with each other too.

if you are wanting lower cost of entry check out used grooveboxes from the 90s. Roland MC-505/909, Yamaha RM1x/RS7000, Emu XL-7, Quasimidi Raveolution.

Arturia da real mvps. How does it sound so far?

I would raccomend an hybrid setup, like a couple of synths, a drum machine and a sampler with a laptop to use as signal processor (eq, compression etc etc)

Something like this, maybe?
youtube.com/watch?v=bGQhZyqIg0A

Or this?
youtube.com/watch?v=EEupFYK9aKg

Or maybe this?
youtube.com/watch?v=RRL7t51KxgE

no idea who diplo is but I added 10 more seconds. Shits getting serious.
clyp.it/izd43jb1

A track I made recently

I call this digital hardcore/synth-punk but what the fuck do I know, either way

I was gonna cut the track and give only an excerpt, but fuck it, have the whole thing.

clyp.it/waid5ken

I tried mimicking the everything in it's right place synth in FM8. How'd I do?

clyp.it/z2qjeapg

How do I learn to EQ? What are the essential audio effects that you need to learn how to apply to your tracks?

Sounds pretty close. Isn't it an electric piano originally though?

Post a picture of your DAW and what you're working on right now.

is that zyzz on the top image?

Yep

>This sounds like a diplo song
youtube.com/watch?v=yet2Q0M32GQ

I'm at a stand still /prod/... I've no idea what to add to make this sound more interesting. Recommendations welcome, vst/plug in recs, etc pleaase

note: I just shortened each part I have so far so I could fit the song into a small clip, the song isn't going to be 01:16 long and I haven't started mixing it or anything.

Also, I always have trouble with my kick, it never sounds right.

clyp.it/l3aivt1x

really nice drums desu.

It sounds very thin, as if it needed maybe a synth/guitar/bass phrase going as the backbone of the track.

Also, the drums need some effects in them, or maybe you need to DL some different punchier drums

bump

It's a bit rough in a technical sense, but this is one of the best complete tracks I heard on /prod/

EQ is mostly ear training - for creative use of EQ experiment with specific types of sound (vocals, drums for example) and listen to what the changes in EQ do to the sound.

For corrective EQ it's useful to have a parametric type EQ (with or without a visual cue although visual feedback is good for starting out) and sweep a narrow boosted band across your sound until it catches the frequency you want to cut and makes it more prominent - at that stage you can apply a cut to that band to correct (equalize - oh hey) and tame it.

Most effects are creative and just involve ear training and experimentation - if it sounds good to you then you've got to where you want to be.

I'd say reverb is one of the most often-abused effects though (although obnoxious amounts of sidechained compressor is catching up fast) so it's worth spending a lot of time on that, and specifically listening to how reverb will sound much different (usually less pronounced) on speakers than it does in headphones - "reverb soup" is real and it is the most obvious mark of someone who has just discovered the effect and has not yet learned how to restrain it.

>clyp.it/v33pgrsd
pls guys I need 808 help anyone?

say you want to make reverb heavy 'dreamy' style music. how do you prevent it from becoming too muddy? any advice?