Howdy, friends

Howdy, friends.
Let's try something a little different.
I'm curious to know how you enjoy aspects of food and flavor so please partake.
>BBQ sauce - Do you prefer sweet with heat, or heat with sweet
>Cheeses - Do you go out of your way to enjoy other types of cheeses than the traditional cheddar, and if so, what kinds (i.e. feta, blue, gouda, etc.)
>Breads - White, wheat, honey, raisin, poppy seed, etc. What's your choice and why
>Deserts - Over the top and good for the time, or quick, easy, and available at home (Premier cheesecake vs. Ice cream)
>Steak - "How'd you like that cooked ?" (Well done, Medium-well, Medium, Medium Rare, Rare)

>Steak
Well done with ketchup is the only way to eat it.

I'm guessing you grew up eating it that way, or do you just not like the blood and color ?

you deserve this.

My parents used to make me eat it rare but once i got out on my own I learned well done was better.

medium-well masterrace

medium well based race

I prefer a bit of color in mine so usually medium/medium-well will do for me.

BBQ sauce - sweet with hear

Cheeses - yes, I love all sorts of cheese, especially Gruyère cheese, specifically in fondue

Breads - preferably white, specifically potato bread, however I also like whole grain and honey

Dessert - over the top. I love making cheesecake and lemon meringue pie (both which are relatively easy actually)

Steak - medium rare, if poor quality with a tiny bit of BBQ sauce, but if good steak none is needed

Good to see someone with a varied palate, and is potato worth it over traditional breads ?

personally, yes. I love hte texture of potato bread vs traditional white, as for flavor its a very mild difference

I'll have to pick some up while I'm out to give it a go.

I really only use it for sandwiches and toast, and I love it for those. ITs slightly more dense than traditional white, and a slightly different flavor

>Slightly sweet, vinegar, some heat, smokey
>Muenster is the tits
>French loaf garlic bread
>Mango pudding or Baklava
>Medium rare or medium, depends on the cook

Potato bread is best bread

Hot dogs off the grill.

Warmed or chared black?

Those dessert choices seem kinda different than the traditional cookies and jello. How'd you come about trying those ? Family ?

It is, although if you get fresh honey wheat bread, its pretty damn good too. And as said, french loafs are pretty amazing too, although here in the US they are not as good as in France or other countries with actual bakeries

black lines from the grill, but not charred as per say

I personally have never had the chance to try fresh bread out of an authentic brick oven or anything similar, though I've been to a few pizzerias with decent loaves.

>BBQ sauce -Maple sweet is my favorite.
>Cheeses - Of course, I'm white. I love muenster, bleu, and swiss
>Breads - I adore sourdough. Focaccia is great for sandwiches.
>Deserts - I mean of course I like my processed lil debbies but cheesecake is nice once in awhile.
>Steak - Medium rare master race. I like teriyaki marinade

I can't do hotdogs.
Another reason to dislike OP.

Its one of life's little pleasures. I sued ot live in Morocco for a while, and we would get fresh croissants, french bread spread with la vache qui rit (laughing cow cheese) and fresh squeezed orange juice. Its arguably the best breakfast I have ever had in my life.

no point in even grilling them if you arnt gonna char them

Where are you from before I answer?

>No bakeries in murica
Honestly, have you even looked?

Not bait. Fact.

There are some, but not many real bakeries outside of big cities. I live west coast, Oregon, and I got to school waaaaay out in the boonies where there is basically nothing other than a fred meyer bakery, which hardly counts

Well, I have had pastries made by little Hispanic women before, Texas friend here, and you could taste the difference compared to going to Walmart and getting something.
>Ghetto meat markets for life

also, in other countries bakery bread is dirt cheap. You can live off of bread on about 50 cents a day, no problem

i don't eat brussel sprout but I eat pussy

Texas. Yeehaw and all that.

Why bother cooking every drop of moisture out of a steak, turning it into shoe leather, then adding ketchup? Are you a britbong or something?

Christ, if you're gonna do that, just eat a fucking hot dog.

I haven't had a chance to try that. I have had tamales made by little old hispanic ladies, and they were amazing. I'll have to give it a try if I can ever find some around me

Please tell me that pic isn't related.
>bbq sauce none with that cut
>cheeses again, none. Blue cheese with the salad would make a good accompaniment though
>Breads, something nutty
>deserts-bread pudding with an alcohol based glaze.
>steak- medium rare (if no bone) to medium (with some bone)

I'm not going to pretend to be some 5* chef, but I do know how I like my steaks (just like people know how to like their coffee at starbucks)

I'm not a vampire. I dont want all kinds of blood in it.

Don't like bbq sauce
Straight up cheddar son, Cracker Barrel is the shit.
Any breads good but crusty white poppy seed rolls are best for lunches and burgers.
Deserts, I like good ol chocolate cheese cake but I make it with about 2 cm biscuit base because that's the best bit.
Medium rare steak up in this bitch with a fuck load of fried mushrooms.

It was something to catch people's eye so yeah, somewhat related.
And I feel you on the whole steak thing. I have my preferences and decent knowhow.

>>BBQ sauce -
sweet with heat
>>Cheeses - Do you go out of your way to enjoy other types of cheeses than the traditional cheddar, and if so, what kinds (i.e. feta, blue, gouda, etc.)
Yes. Goat cheese, feta, bread cheese, muenster are my favorites
>>Breads -
wheat is least unhealthy
>>Deserts -
quick, easy, and available at home (.Ice cream)
>>Steak - "How'd you like that cooked ?"
Medium Rare, Rare, always with salt and pepper

That's understandable, but to me having some color adds to the experience.

Oklahoman, live next to Oklahoma City, my dad somehow got dragged to an Indian place at some point in his career, shit was fucking delicious. Mango pudding was a regular thing there. Bakalava came from the gyro places.

>ketchup
>not mustard

I like my steak boiled over hard

How is Indian food ? "Exotic" eateries aren't too common in my area so it'd be nice to know what'd be in store if I ever tried it.

Mustard is too tangy.

>I have my preferences and decent knowhow.
Good. I won't hassle you as long as you don't smother it with ketchup.
Every man is entitled to his own opinion (except dousing a perfectly good steak with ketchup, that's just wrong).

Indian food is the best...sloppy and ugly, but so tasty

Bbq- sweet with heat

Cheese- I've never had a cheese I didn't like. Havarti, Colby jack, sharp white cheddar, and brie are some of my favorites.

Bread- white, but usually artisinal style loaves that are oval shaped. You should be able to find them in your market for about 2 bucks a loaf. French bread is bomb too.

Desserts- just made vanilla custard from scratch tonight and had it with fresh strawberries. Was really tasty and easy to make. I usually don't discriminate, sweets are sweets, but obviously will choose chocolate mousse over a twinkie.

Steak- rare, medium rare.

So everyone seems to be having fun discussing how they like their foods, but what about making the foods ?
>How often do you cook actual meals (Not microwaving or throwing something in the oven)
>Is it for you, or a family setting
>What do you like cooking
Captcha was food.