Anyone on here daytrade? I'm just looking for some tips because i want to get into day trading

anyone on here daytrade? I'm just looking for some tips because i want to get into day trading.

Other urls found in this thread:

fool.com/investing/2016/07/12/heres-why-sage-therapeutics-inc-is-surging-today.aspx
twitter.com/AnonBabble

u need a million dollar portfolio before you can do it full time comfortably

not looking to do it full time, just on the side and will see where it goes from there

do you trade?

It'd a risk like everything else

Once you have an idea of what you're doing take a loan, you need a pretty high capital to be successful... otherwise the odds are just stacked against you

It's like the old saying, you need money to make money

Its*

Fuck that's annoying

I get this, but how do I get the idea of what I'm doing is what I'm trying to find. Have any sources I can look at?

I'm just wondering your background with trading, have you traded before? do you still trade now?

Shut up

Find a good trading platform (I won't recommend any to avoid looking like I'm promoting them)

Open a demo account on it

Play around with all the different options and see what does what, learn when things rise and fall

Try being on it every day

Research all the different indicators like Bollinger bands, moving averages etc

Try out a few systems from other people

And basically just research it like everything else

It's not impossible, just hard

I used to trade, it was only a hobby.... I learned the hard way that you need a large capital to make money

Don't make my mistakes

Best advice I can give you is to pick a few stocks that are volatile (move a up and down a lot) and read everything you can about them and their industry... stay on top of a few and know as much info as you can about them... OR get into algorithmic black box trading until it becomes illegal.. it's basically theft.

Really?

While he's a beginner?

So much room for error when you're new, I guess if he uses a demo account to practice for a few months first than maybe

I've found an app already on my phone that has no minimums and zero commission on trades, it's called robinhood, its features aren't great but I've been using tradingview and investopedia which make up for it.

I'm looking at short term not long and going to see if I can do this as a hobby for now. But I will look into algorithmic black box trading.

You idiot, don't. Stay in for the long haul.

If you do have a million plus you are willing to lose, but want to actually make money, get into currency trading. You'll be up at like 3am everyday and still have to work, but you'll retire early and be loaded. Just look into it before you do it.

Alright

Well final tip for you is to be critical of everything you see

Not everything is as they seem, research never hurt

I've also been looking at news and how it affects the market. For example SAGE, fool.com/investing/2016/07/12/heres-why-sage-therapeutics-inc-is-surging-today.aspx

>take a loan

Hello bank, I'd like a loan for 1 million or more please.

We can look into it. Can we see your proposal for your business and proof that the concept will work and if it is a provable concept what experience and training do you have?

I want to day trade. The internet told me how, so I'm good.

IN THAT CASE, HAVE 1 BILLION!!!! PLEASE FUCK MY FAAAAAAAAAACE!!!!

lol, ewww, no way, gtfo fagget and gib me ur monies b4 i g0

OK, HERE YOU GOOOOO!!! WEEEEEEE!!!

I will invest for the long haul also eventually, but for right now I'm going to feel out trading quick and catching spikes. Also currency trading like Bitcoin?

kek

It's not hard to take a 25,000 dollar loan around where I am

Assuming you have good credit history and a stable job

Get out.

thank you for your advice

Way too risky at this point. Just stupid and hard to predict the markets.

Trade and buy world currency, like the dollar, pound (good buy now, or was after brexit), yaun, yen, eruo, shit like that man. Just read up on it so you know market trends and do it early and late into the night. The nice part is trading goes on all day and there's always action, but when poeple are asleep is best, just read the news daily and stick to The Motely Fool, fucking gold right there in learning and knowing about market trends.

25,000 is plenty to start off with.

Get a loan for 25k and risk ruining your credit and even possibly a good job (good jobs won't higher you or keep you with shitty credit, fuck, even shit jobs fort 30k a year) for something that you are new too and is basically gambling??? Are you fucking retarded? Fuck, just play craps with 25k, better odds and fun as fuck.

There's little reason to get into it then. Daytrading ends up being an all or nothing sort of venture. You either need to be really into it, or you should let someone else do it for you.

Yeah, my plan is just to go off of market news. So if a pharmaceutical company had success in some trials they did my plan is to buy when the market opens the next day and then sell when I'm scared. The market is really just run by news.

You got a double dose of the stupid didn't you.

realistically you can start with a grand or so. Depending on your brokerage fees. I would not look to day trade.
Follow trends and longer charts, as in weekly charts.
Learn to read charts. They can tell you a lot. Give yourself rules and stick by them at all costs.
Trading rule No 1. Never chase. Forget about the Dollar loss for a moment as the real damage comes from the distraction it creates.
Trading rule No 2. Wait for the break. Most traders buy inside the range, get impatient and as a result they sell on first sign of strength which ends up being the breakout.
Trading rule No 3. Don't ride the ticks and Dollar profits. It creates emotional turmoil and is draining. Prevention is best cure. Takes the fun out of the game.
Trading rule No 4. Price action trumps everything. Management lie or mislead but price action (money flow) never lies.
Trading rule No 5. Sell the news or a least sell partials. Markets discount everything and over the long run you will be better off.

So you're saying get a stock broker?

Trading rule No 6. Always stay in control. Do NOT put yourself in news related coin toss trades, where the risk cannot be managed.
Trading rule No 7. Mind your own business, avoid conflict. If you take offence because someone has disagreed with your trade, then you are such a precious little petal.
Trading rule No 8. Do NOT set targets as all this creates is a premature EXIT. Run a trailer and let that take you out.
Trading rule No 9. Minimise whipsaw at all costs. It's a trader killer. The root cause of trading failure more often than not, starts with whipsaw.
Trading rule No 10. Do NOT buy stretched breakouts. More often than not they recoil back into the range to flush traders out.
Trading rule No 11. Start will longterm charts and look to catch major breaks/moves. These tend to follow through and it makes it easier to run with winners.
Trading rule No 12. DO NOT trades Forex short-term. It is a mugs game, news driven by central banks. It is like betting on the greyhounds.
Trading rule No 13. Turn trading rules into habit. There is no point in having trading rules if you dont apply them!
Trading rule No 14. Hit those stops, no questions asked. Hitting your stop and watching a stock rally hurts but not htting your stop and watching the stock fall hurts a hell of alot more

seems like you know a lot, have any good sources for me to study up on? Also I'm going to save theses rules.

yeah my father day trades, had to quit his university professor job

idk im 25yo neet with unlimited money now lol

Buy when you're scared, sell when you're content. The goal is to do the opposite of what the market feels, that's how you make money.

And realistically, only the best of the best make money off day trading and they do it with millions, not small amounts. Shit, your cost to buy is going to kill your profits on small amounts.

lucky bastard, show us your house

just a comfy apartment where i smoke and drink and program video games

why hasn't your dad retired yet?

Forums are good. But just read, don't comment.
Twitter is good, but same again.

There are quite a few good books out there and plenty of information online. I have found that not listening to others is the safest way to make money instead of losing it.
Listen for the tips for which stocks to put on your watch list, but that should be it, just watch until you are ready.

Never revenge trade.

STICK TO YOUR RULES

the cost to buy actually won't kill my profits. I found this app which has no commission or trade fees and no minimum deposit.

/biz/ always has a few threads, although there are a lot of people who try to pump and dump meme stocks.

doesn't seem like the most reliable source but I'll check it out, haven't really been on any other boards except Sup Forums

It's bullshit, yo.

who knows he is a big weirdo

we dont get along because we are too similiar

based neet dad

This week I'm going to just practice and act like I'm going to buy stock and see how I end up at the end of each day. Hopefully, at the end of the week I will profit!

Breakouts are good to watch. Lean about Fibonachy retracements. Never chase but try to pick the bottom on the retracement. That is safer money.

Trade in Share numbers not dollar value. It is easier to keep track of.

Never keep averaging down in hopes the share will go back up. It is best to exit at a small loss.

Big wins are better than big losses.

its not actually, they get their money from interest on the money you don't invest. So there's a rate of 3.5% on the money they hold for your account. The application is called Robinhood if you would like to check it out.

You need a program that you can see the market depth on. Sometime when you think you could simply buy into a price point there are no shares available there. But yes. Start with paper trades and see how it goes.

In reality though, it is a lot harder to hit that button.

Buy low. Sell high.
Also: Plastics

I like candle charts myself on weekly charts. It removes a lot of the noise.

Can you explain market depth to me a little more and how there wouldn't be shares to buy at a certain price point?

saved image, now time to try and figure out what it means

market depth. Basically what shares are on sale at what price. These are visible bids that people have in line and waiting. You do not have to do that though. But for example, I could not sell at 1.6 unless I joined the cue because there are no buyers, I could sell at 1.5 though.

Example of a good breakout. Clean break on volume from a long term consolidation period. This is a weekly chart.

Lol dummy. Go off the news!? Hahahaha. That shit is priced in months before it hits the news. Noobs

news can be good, but it is harder to ride that wave unless you are already on it.

tell me your ways

Ignore all the posts' advice except mine:

- Have the strength to cut your losses at a predetermined percentage.

That is all. Do not demo trade, as playing with fake money doesn't build the discipline. Start off trading with real money.

Yes, it is very difficult.

Trading fag here. Just stooped short term stuff due to increase in noise. Made some nice money coz of brexit. Bought FTSE100 etf in gbp. both rising.

I am very new to this so I'm a little confused by these, but I can always learn

Whenever these threads pop-up everyone always tries to make it more complicated than it really is. If you're new, stick to blue chip stocks, then expand from there

How does it make money, ads? I've heard of this app before, and I want to start trading too, but I have no clue where to load up some money and start. I used investepedia play accoutn maybe 6 years ago and did well on it, but it got boring since it wasn't real money.

Ignore all of that crap, and just read this:

just to add some point
- time horizons of minutes and hours are crap
- even days are full of geopolitical noise
- go for weeks

Oh so easy hey?

Biotech is getting ready to make a comeback. Ya heard here first....unless you heard somewhere else first lol. Buy NVAX. It's almost a sure thing and has lots of room to run.

alr thanks

I recommend subscribing to Peter Schiff's youtube channel. If I hadn't listened to him, I wouldn't experience the massive amount of profit I have made from buying commodities. Preferably gold and silver, although I believe silver is a better buy right now

Many trading platforms have stop limits and target sell prices you can set.

Set your targets like 5 times higher than your stoploss and as long as you don't pick losers more than 80% of the time you'll be fine.

No, but anyone with a good basic understanding & workings of why & how stocks fluctuate can make money of it. Its just tons of people are dumb af & want their money right now

You're going to get a stock broker whether you let your financial advisor manage your portfolio or not.

i just started using it. they say they make money off of investing your funds that you have left over in your account. they also freeze funds for 3+ business days when you transfer money in.

You need $25000 to day trade unless you do forex.

Would start practicing with $1000 you are ready to throw away. Demo trading is worthless. If you can't stomach the losses or make money there, you can get out easy.

THERE'S LITERALLY A BOARD FOR THIS SHIT /Biz/

Don't listen to ANY advice on trades from them, they love to pump and dump penny stocks.

the explanation straight from google.
In their FAQ they state they will make money through margin lending interest and interest on any uninvested customer cash deposits. According to some sources, the margin interest rate will be 3.5% once it is offered. This margin rate is much lower than other leading brokerage firms.

Look at their fine print bro. They have some fines and commissions for specific types of transactions.

dubs speaks. who should I listen to?

In their FAQ they state they will make money through margin lending interest and interest on any uninvested customer cash deposits. According to some sources, the margin interest rate will be 3.5% once it is offered. This margin rate is much lower than other leading brokerage firms.

I'm currently using TDAmeritrade, I like it because of its automated buying/selling features. Once Robinhood gets those features I'm probably gonna switch if it's still free

You should answer the guy who asked you if you trade.

Get at least $10,000, preferably more like $25,000, before you start trading, and start conservatively (no day trading). The reason you have to have a lot to start is that trading fees might wipe you out unless you have enough to invest with because a $20 trading fee is a lower percentage of $10,000 than it is $1000.

Might start by maxing a roth ira, no load and manage yourself, just follow the majors s-p500.

what are the fees there?

$10 a trade, but it's less than 1% of what I make so it's no big deal

gucci

That's a decade of steady trading, fyi