Any reccs for deephouse, downtempo, dub techo, or other good study music?

Any reccs for deephouse, downtempo, dub techo, or other good study music?

I'll start.

DJ Sprinkles - Midtown 120 Blues
One of the best, if not the best, deep house album.

[Flac] mega.nz/#F!AA4HDZjD!mtR2GstV5jPYNYAlxSqCYg

Sample: youtube.com/watch?v=o2xZWm3XgDQ

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Zzi31idom8Q
youtube.com/watch?v=3pJ7bXYFmHM
mega.co.nz/#!TZEylSxR!CtBp35P7WOx0PN5neC5foz2LKoLqFrc_E5SjU3EY4GM
youtube.com/watch?v=4-mWpknZ6Ls
mega.co.nz/#!TNUDDK7J!YYHpmxjC9yb8b_DXpPVJEVI08q5RccIn7Y5Ko1oTwxQ
youtube.com/watch?v=zSZzrvmhBNI
mega.co.nz/#!2FtWWa7L!k9eMsrw6T_BRWQz3pNwQ6SAVd3AxAQxOf2wxptsPXno
youtube.com/watch?v=vo7SR8l3NMM
mega.co.nz/#!vA1AVA6S!YV_lSTKtou0z0hpk1tn-mujTv3TOejVCr09f-KwCe58
youtube.com/watch?v=ooxO0VaZt9M
mediafire.com/download/j7nmmy7163pw5ms/VFTL.rar
youtube.com/watch?v=O1UMCrzn-BA
mediafire.com/download/hkd2tt7s7fccvf7/deepc-som-2k12.zip
youtube.com/watch?v=sTLom3Pai0g
mediafire.com/download/6wsmrjtp584mjnk/CH 344.rar
youtube.com/watch?v=VuIj8COsAmg
mega.co.nz/#!IFwBVYob!Q0kvPsApBJk-aIBAIDyCo4tS3pIjFvd9o-QoaPPVrf4
youtube.com/watch?v=l4KAdVXPJkI
mega.co.nz/#!8UQiCIbQ!0WYonq9oFEdVvKFQ2IxFi6bIoilkZtB58HSIVWdsv0g
youtu.be/pWxlGIpyg2A
youtu.be/fs8dYURd8mQ
youtu.be/Lrq1ZTjqUHs
youtu.be/wGArKRbhNe0
www96.zippyshare.com/v/9gGSCpzx/file.html
youtube.com/watch?v=eug4wJLnzFk
mega.co.nz/#!tdA0ADqb!U-7CyEiWhIpVWKIwY1zpELdfM90ohD2pZsL6BzC1ffQ
youtu.be/2Wgs8eSOrkY
youtu.be/84gOQXe43Fo
youtu.be/C9xprRf9jB8
mediafire.com/download/902hn8cztwpb8uk/DJ Richard - Grind [2015, DIAL].rar
youtube.com/watch?v=S6YKxvuYPSg
mega.co.nz/#!8xZwlISD!FOzw8GbxwoLQ5H1e6gSxkjxNyDVEf8r70hA4a7Nu024
youtube.com/watch?v=7MbQp6rfC8g
mega.nz/#!vN0RRIDK!aqO3XjknxqtHE2M4-VuE-b-WCOIxs9Q9tcX8PYy5h_4
soundcloud.com/factmag/fact-mix-492-frank-tony-apr-15
youtube.com/watch?v=tbxMCg9ztAs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

The Field - From Here We Go sublime
Porter ricks - Nautical Dub
Deepchord presents echospace - liumin
K-S.H.E. - Routes Not Roots
Underworld - dubnobasswithmyheadman
Andy Stott - Luxury Problems

Thank you. I'll check these out.

Not sure if this is what you're looking for.

youtube.com/watch?v=Zzi31idom8Q

Yeah I'm looking for bleep like this.

>sharing terre's music publicly and indiscriminately on an online and anonymous imageboard

this goes against absolutely everything this album, and terre's work in general, stands for.

fuck you, you fucking retard

The album is about discrimination against race, creed, color , gender identity, and sexuality. It's also about how selective house music is; it's not for the masses. This album isn't about piracy.

You have no clue what you're talking about.

Not him, but you need to read up on this. Look for some interviews with Terre and read her articles on the Comatonse site.

You haven't misinterpreted the album's themes, but you're missing how it functions. Piracy and indiscriminate mass-dissemination is EXTREMELY contradictory to what Terre wants with her art.

piracy is against what most artists want with their art. see metallica and napster.

tough.
shit.

Wrong.

Arguments can be made about free audience acquisition, visibility, et cetera, but Terre isn't concerned with recognition, and especially "lost sales" i.e Metallica. It's about hyper-specificity (oddly as recognised but simultaneously remained totally oblivious to), focused conversations about extremely heavy topics, direct distribution to the people whom the music concerns and offline digital culture.

Indiscriminate mass-dissemination destroys this and makes much of this impossible. Uploading Terre's work to Sup Forums of all places is probably the most destructive thing you can do.

hi Terre, I'm a big fan ^^

I'm sorry, but I can't see how that is not a fancy way of making elitism sound sweet and nice.

It's the same ideas of keeping the music away from the "unworthy" and those that aren't "as into it" as the "trve fans" all over again.

When I bought the album, she specifically asked that it not be uploaded to some sharing site, so delet this

Hello. I'm glad you like my work, but please refrain from uploading and sharing it online.

x

You have definitely got the wrong idea. Elitism infers a perceived superiority, and that is not the case. If you listened to Midtown 120, there are direct quotes pertaining to recognised, shared suffering. I don't think it's possible to be an elitist about broadcasting to people how in-the-shit you and the rest of your friends are.

Cultivating a specific audience is not the same as rejecting everyone "unworthy". It's about engaging with an artists work on an artists terms, and understanding - and making the effort to understand - it's content. Outsiders are welcome as long as they treat the work with respect.

Thanks pitchfork

more of the same:
K-S.H.E. - Routes Not Roots
&
Terre Thamelitz - Where Dancefloors Stand Still
Queerifications & Ruins - Collected Remixes by DJ Sprinkles

Thank you for your purchase! :-)

>if you listened to Midtown 120

which I seemingly cannot do, since I obtain my music through piracy, and therefore am a part of the "excluded" group. Indirectly, whether intentionally or not, the mentality of "Outsiders are welcome, as long" (or even the mentality of "outsiders" existing, really) counteracts the ideals of acceptance and resisting discrimination.

Furthermore (though this is purely my own opinion the theory of art, and therefore not as much of an actual argument towards the earlier point) engaging with art on the artist's terms is one of the things I feel we have had to fight hard to free ourselves from in the past decades, and it would be a shame to fall under the yoke of author's intent once again.

go to bed Roland Barthes

non mais tu te crois ma mère ou quoi? j'veux paaaaaas

this is the most retarded thing i've ever read

You missed my point by quite a large margin. It's not about exclusion. No one is excluded when entry is basically a.) keeping an open, understanding mind, and b.) engaging with the culture personally. I should make clear that Terre isn't anti-bootlegging, but anti-mass dissemination. There is a huge different between handing a copied CD to a trusted friend, and dumping an album on Mediafire.

At this point I would really just recommend watching/reading interviews with Terre and reading the Comatonse articles. There's nothing I can say that Terre can't say better.

Like the other user said, Death Of The Author is another conversation entirely. Though my own personal opinion is that when you deal with extremely specific and weighty themes (that aren't hamfisted for the purpose of posturing [read: Madonna]), engaging with paratext is important.

If you're able to articulate an opinion as to why, I'm all ears.

just buy the cd its like 20 bucks with shipping included

what I argue though, is that having downloaded music and/or sharing music with others online is NOT preclusive to engaging with the culture personally and openmindedly. that, as well as thinking "There is a huge different between handing a copied CD to a trusted friend, and dumping an album on Mediafire" is witness to a rather old-fashioned and reductive mindset.

Also as an aside, I won't deny that engaging with paratext is unimportant, I just resist the idea that such engagement would be somehow either required or superior to all other interpretations and interactions with art.

Is that Emma Watson?

I totally disagree, man. You can't see the difference between a one-on-one transaction, and sharing an album en masse and indefinitely to total strangers that you will never talk to again?

Glad someone else sees it too.

there are differences (though I would say that there really isn't much of a difference between sharing an album to total strangers and running a webshop that sells music to total strangers eh)
it's just that none of those differences are at all relevant to how a person listens to and appreciates music, and even if they were of any influence on that, there would be no grounds to favor one over the other still.

What you're overlooking here is context. If I were to download Midtown from OP's (yours?) link right now, I wouldn't be engaging with any of the paratext included on Terre's website. I wouldn't have learnt about the Disney buyout of 42nd street, I certainly wouldn't be any further clued up on the role of trans sex workers in 1990s that the album speaks of and to, and I wouldn't have talked to Terre directly when placing an order for the album. Importantly, I also wouldn't have access to - or even be aware of - all the further reading available to me regarding themes and issues that Midtown addresses.

This is absolutely relevant to how a person listens to and appreciates music. If I downloaded Midtown half-heartedly on Soulseek and queued it up next to, shit, I don't know, Sonic Youth and Aphex twin, for example, listened to it once and thought "this sounds pretty cool", do you not think that would be a shame?

Additionally, if a friend handed me a burnt copy of the album and said, "Hey, you should check this out, it's a deep house record about... etc etc by a guy called Terre Thaemlitz who used to DJ in New York sex clubs in the 90s, did a lot of AIDs activism and made some cool political ambient records too. I know you read about queer stuff a lot so I thought you would appreciate it." That is very different to "Any reccs for deephouse, downtempo, dub techo, or other good study music?"

I mean, "study music." Come on, now.

Gonna repost a bunch of "study music" shares I posted a long time ago.
Clown & Sunset – Don’t Break My Love: A Collection of Lost Memories
>Ambient, downtempo, new age. Compilation from Nicolas Jaar’s old label, named for his two-track EP which is included in the tracklist. Several tracks were included in Jaar’s BBC Essential Mix.
Sample: youtube.com/watch?v=3pJ7bXYFmHM
Link: mega.co.nz/#!TZEylSxR!CtBp35P7WOx0PN5neC5foz2LKoLqFrc_E5SjU3EY4GM

Bonobo – Late Night Tales
>Selection from the artist of downtempo funk, soul, jazz, classical piano and electronica. Includes a previously unreleased cover song from Bonobo.
Sample: youtube.com/watch?v=4-mWpknZ6Ls
Link: mega.co.nz/#!TNUDDK7J!YYHpmxjC9yb8b_DXpPVJEVI08q5RccIn7Y5Ko1oTwxQ

Leon Vynehall – Music for the Uninvited
>Deep house, microhouse, downtempo. Starts off with a Zelda-inspired track.
Sample: youtube.com/watch?v=zSZzrvmhBNI
Link: mega.co.nz/#!2FtWWa7L!k9eMsrw6T_BRWQz3pNwQ6SAVd3AxAQxOf2wxptsPXno

Tropic of Cancer – Restless Idylls
>Minimal wave, ethereal wave. Real soothing.
Sample: youtube.com/watch?v=vo7SR8l3NMM
Link: mega.co.nz/#!vA1AVA6S!YV_lSTKtou0z0hpk1tn-mujTv3TOejVCr09f-KwCe58

Voices From the Lake
>Ambient dub techno. Organic, almost tribal or Balearic sounding.
Sample: youtube.com/watch?v=ooxO0VaZt9M
Link: mediafire.com/download/j7nmmy7163pw5ms/VFTL.rar

DeepChord - Sommer
>Dub techno
Sample: youtube.com/watch?v=O1UMCrzn-BA
Link: mediafire.com/download/hkd2tt7s7fccvf7/deepc-som-2k12.zip

Move D & Benjamin Brunn – Songs from the Beehive
>Deep House, Microhouse. Very relaxing.
Sample: youtube.com/watch?v=sTLom3Pai0g
Link: mediafire.com/download/6wsmrjtp584mjnk/CH 344.rar

Holy shit Sup Forums is somehow more pozzed than /u/. I'd rather hang out with mentally broken autogynephilic self-hating men than the lowcaps-typing Weird Twitter robots from this thread.

The guys are cunts and you don't tell mentally ill trainwrecks to kill themselves, but I've seen enough to know these Twitter "progressives" are fucking lunatic psychos who will defend worse shit if it comes from the right person and/or if it's done against the right person. If they don't personally do it then they give their silent approval of those who do. These call-outs are the most cliquey shit in the world and are not actually based on any kind of deeply held moral standard.

So fuck the people who whine about this shit as if they're somehow helping marginalized groups. Just separate creator from creation. Don't want to financially support someone? Pirate their shit, problem solved.

Also "WELL MIDTOWN 120 BLUES IS BAD YOU SHOULDN'T LISTEN TO IT BECAUSE I FUCKING SAY SO AND I'M AN OBJECTIVE FORCE OF NATURE" is the worst fucking excuse for joining the "FUCKING FUCK YOU LE EMBRYO IM ALWAYS RIGHT!!!!!!!!" bandwagon against this band but being promoting a guy who's practically a neo-nazi. It makes sense to like his music more than some random shoegaze band but don't pretend you're morally superior. Just stop giving a fuck what musicians think you thin skinned babies.

Terekke – YYYYYYYYYY and Damn EPs
>Hazy, ambient deep house. Sounds like it was recorded on cassette tape.

YYYYYYYYYY
Sample: youtube.com/watch?v=VuIj8COsAmg
Link: mega.co.nz/#!IFwBVYob!Q0kvPsApBJk-aIBAIDyCo4tS3pIjFvd9o-QoaPPVrf4

Damn
Sample: youtube.com/watch?v=l4KAdVXPJkI
Link: mega.co.nz/#!8UQiCIbQ!0WYonq9oFEdVvKFQ2IxFi6bIoilkZtB58HSIVWdsv0g

wtf meaninful arguments on Sup Forums

good shares, thx anons
rec'ing this one too

Ah christ, the rest of the links are broken now. Well that's all I've got for now, but I'd really recommend

Francis Harris - Minutes of Sleep
William Basinski - Melancholia
DJ Richard - Grind
Floating Points - everything by him
Gas- everything, start with Pop
Anton Zap - Water
All Nicolas Jaar stuff, especially Darkside and his Nymphs EPs

ITT: embryos

youtube link is fucked youtu.be/pWxlGIpyg2A

Leon Vynehall - Rojus (Designed to Dance) (2016) [320kbps]
>Deep House, Balearic Beat. EDM album AOTY. Fresh, relaxing, etc.
Sample: youtu.be/fs8dYURd8mQ
Sample: youtu.be/Lrq1ZTjqUHs
Sample: youtu.be/wGArKRbhNe0
Download: www96.zippyshare.com/v/9gGSCpzx/file.html

Acronym - June (2015)
>Nordic techno, ambient, outsider
>Gathering feelings evoked from early black metal demos but in a techno context, pretty cold and barren.

Sample: youtube.com/watch?v=eug4wJLnzFk
DL: mega.co.nz/#!tdA0ADqb!U-7CyEiWhIpVWKIwY1zpELdfM90ohD2pZsL6BzC1ffQ

>deep house
Luomo - Vocalcity
>downtempo
Zero 7 - Simple Things
>dub techno
Deepchord pres. Echospace - Liumin
>Good Study Music
Caretaker - An Empty Bliss Beyond This World

DJ Richard - Grind (2015) [320kbps]
>techno, ambient techno, deep house, drone
Sample: youtu.be/2Wgs8eSOrkY
Sample: youtu.be/84gOQXe43Fo
Sample: youtu.be/C9xprRf9jB8
Download: mediafire.com/download/902hn8cztwpb8uk/DJ Richard - Grind [2015, DIAL].rar

Jan Jelinek - loop-finding-records

>techno/pretty chill/jazz samples/nightmusic

>One of the greatest things I've found from Sup Forums sharethreads. Really warm sounds, lot of samples and deep bass. All you need, basically.

sample: youtube.com/watch?v=S6YKxvuYPSg

mega.co.nz/#!8xZwlISD!FOzw8GbxwoLQ5H1e6gSxkjxNyDVEf8r70hA4a7Nu024

Alva Noto + Ryuichi Sakamoto - Insen [2005]
>glitch, minimalism, etc.
youtube.com/watch?v=7MbQp6rfC8g
mega.nz/#!vN0RRIDK!aqO3XjknxqtHE2M4-VuE-b-WCOIxs9Q9tcX8PYy5h_4

Thank me later.

soundcloud.com/factmag/fact-mix-492-frank-tony-apr-15

>house
>album

sure is pard in here lmao

youtube.com/watch?v=tbxMCg9ztAs

Big recc for Traumprinz and DJ Metatron

>goes in /bleep/ once

Theresvplenty if house downtempo crossover that's not degenerate club music.

Charles Webster - Born in The 24th July
Herbert - Bodily Functions

>One of the best, if not the best, deep house album.

totally.

:S

and yet you guys will still share it online like its nothing

I rec all this.