New Children Gambling album

Now that the dust has settled, what's the general consensus?

I think their is only one good song, California

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mCJp--nDcNI
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>le hjannibal buress surrounded by q-tips

no its bad. not musical at all

Its insanely good!

The only good songs are the singles.

Only Redbone was good. He should stick to rap.

First listen: damn, this sounds like a shittier Maggot Brain
Second listen: it's alright, I guess.

The dust has not settled, this album came out 2 days ago

Stop saying this

i love it.

me and your mama: that song is just awesome. no need to discuss. 10/10
have some love: 6/10
boogieman: 8/10
zombies: 7/10
riot: 8/10
redbone: 9/10
california: first i hated i hated it but after some listens i give it a 6/10
terrified:9/10
baby boy: 9/10
the night me and your momma met: 9/10
stand tall: 8/10

solid 8/10 overall

The whole album is pastiche. Vocals have no presence and it sounds like an imitation rather than his actual singing voice. It's so cartoonish that I have trouble taking this album seriously. Production is alright.

Any alt artwork? I hate this fucking face

Me and Your Mama: 10/10
Have Some Love: 7.5/10
Boogieman: 8/10
Zombies: 7/10
Riot: 10/10
Redbone: 9/10
California 7/10
Terrified: 8/10
Baby Boy: 7/10
The Night Me and Your Mama Met: 7/10
Stand Tall: 10/10

9/10 for me

i dig it a lot
some parts wear their influences too obviously but overall i think its an interesting take on freaky psych funk

I have the same problems with this album that I had with his rap albums. Solid instrumentals, overall good instrumentals, but really bad vocals. Just like all of his unnatural, forced-pun rap lines, the vocals on this album seem exaggerated and insincere. 6/10

It's alright. I had my hopes sky high when I heard Me and Your Mama and Redbone, so I was let down a bit.

I also can't decide if California is 11/10 or 0/10

0/10

12/10

Best new content I've heard all year, and accurately rated at 8/10.

Still don't know how Solange's album got such high marks. I like her and her voice, but that new album was ironically Kanye-tier trash.

It's because she's related to Beyonce honestly. Yeah, I like Solange more than Beyonce, always have, but it's really no coincidence that people flocked to her suddenly after Beyonce released Lemonade.

Zombies is trash

What's that kid of guitar sound on california called? You know like the classical surfer watery sound?

you're fucking trash you fucking dumb piece of shit

It's bookended by two really good tracks, with a couple gems in between (Have Some Love and Redbone). There are a couple mediocre tracks such as Zombies and Riot that bring my overall rating down, but it's a nice, and competent, change in direction for this guy. Pleasant surprise if I'm being honest.

hue

Forgot to add that while it's open about its funk influences (Sly, Funkadelic, etc.), the production and songwriting give those acts new life with a contemporary reboot that isn't merely copying and pasting ideas. I imagine this record has a lot of personal meaning to him that I'll never quite be able to grasp, but it's still a respectable effort from an outside perspective.

No he's a better singer than he is a rapper but I feel like he was trying too hard to make some kind of artsy masterpiece classic here and that ended up causing the record to fall flat.

Would love him to drop more songs like Urn or Oakland, or even Sober.

youtube.com/watch?v=mCJp--nDcNI

>he should stick to rap

And you should stick to listening to memerap. I think soul-funk music (even if this isn't exactly great) might be a little bit too OUT THERE for teens like you.

/thread

Because the Internet cannot be topped. its his magnum opus

it was shit

7/10

/thread
stay woke, user

I like it, but as long as he's still calling himself Childish Gambino, I'm not going to respect it. Most respectable critics won't.

Nobody is going to give a Childish Gambino album a good rating.

LOL, NO FUCKING RAP?

Who gives a fuck. What a sleep inducing album holy fucking shit.

Imma stick to my Lil' Yacthy and get turnt

There are a few great tracks on this album but most of it is pretty bad. Feel it could have been great if it was maybe 1/3 rap, 1/3 singing, 1/3 instrumental.

It's shit and I loved Because of the internet. It's the same shit as Chance did on that piece of trash he released gospel shit.

True

one of the worst albums I've heard this year

see this nigga right here gets it

Sounds like Lenny Kravitz with a Tame Impala twist

He copied Funkadelic right down to Maggot Brain's album cover
pretty generic beyond opener

.5/10 only liked the first 2 minutes of me and your mama