Sup Sup Forums marine Engineer here...

Sup Sup Forums marine Engineer here. Bored on watch (engine room is on "stand by) which means I just chill in the control room "in case" something happens. Might as well get paid while shit posting. AMA Sup Forumsro's

>inb4 "semen on the poop deck"

>pic related. My "office"

can you give your exact coordinates?
Sorry for my bad russian.

Cool bro! Do you ever feel claustrophobic? I'm not too claustrophobic myself but the thought of being in a damn tincan that deep down gives me the chillz

We're transiting the Welland canal in Ontario, Canada.

haha fuck, misread. Thought it said 'submarine-engineer'.

Re-question, whats the worst situation u've been in? Like, boat-wise?

can you give me money to eat this week?

I'm above the waterline right now. Lower engine room can be as far as 30 feet below waterline. Some times we have to enter confined spaces but we take many precautions such as atmospheric monitoring and have rescuer equipment at the ready.

I'm starting training to become a marine engineer in the UK, what do you think of the job? I assume you are now fully qualified.

Bad storm in the North Atlantic a few years ago... Ship cracked a ballast tank at a seam over a distance of 15'. Dumped ballast water into empty cargo hold which can cause stability issues. I had to weld a patch on standing in a ladder while the ship rolling 30*.

>pic semi related. My friend was aboard this ship and sent me pic a few years ago.

How big a vessel are you at? I was delivering some shit to a warehouse producing propellers and shit today and got kind of awed at the massiveness of it all with the biggest ones.

Attack China.

Haha shit. Were you scared?

Is that Wonderware HMI?
Please don't tell me it's iFIX/Intellution.

What PLCs do you guys use for control and telemetry? Siemens?

>industrial engineer/systems integrator reporting in

who makes the SCADA OP?

can i have de launch codes

Any hot bitches on your boat you would love fuck I leave for MEPS in 27 days so im pretty excited

Forgot pic

Good job except can be hard on family life as you're away a lot. I'm 3rd class atm working on my 2nd class exams.

We are 747' long with 78' beam. 10,000 HP main propulsion, 6300kw generating capacity. We're a self unloader hauling salt right now.

Thats funny, cause thats what the US military is going to be busy doing when the Chinks finish militarizing the S.China Sea and do to the Phillipines what it did to Tibet. Their response to Hague ruling pretty much confirms, China will be the new Not-So-Cold Cold War opponent.

How did you find the exams? Was it straight revising for months on end or is that more of an exaggeration?

How would you rate working on ships?

Yes

Haha! Plc's! Ship was built in '70's but yes, newer ships use a lot of Siemens controls and ABB.

not right now but I fucked the Nav cadet last ship I was on...

another systems integrator reporting in. I fucking hated iFIX. god awful system

What kind of ship are you on?

Not too bad. It really helps if you're strong at math. Also don't try to bullshit the examiner during the orals... He'd rather hear that you don't know than a bullshit answer. You can always call a superior of the chief if you have a problem you can't handle at your level.

Guy asking about working on ships...
It's all right if you don't mind strange shifts and overtime on demand (you never know when shit will fuck up). All depends on company you work for. Most third world shipping companies pay shit.

How did she look and what was she wearing and how old OP would appreciate sauce

I wish i was you. You're so smart. Im so dumb. I dont care if i was born ugly, wish i born smart so get a good job like yours and get money and then bitches wouldnt care about me being ugly.
Does your job pay well?

Are you wearing your life jacket?

How do you generate the 6300 kW? That sounds like a lot to a newbie like myself. Windcraft? Wouldnt turbines steal a lot of the engine-power? Again, I dont know shiii bout these things, thats why I'm asking.

How does one get into the field, OP? Engineering in college or specific programs or what?

Shit on the Poop deck

what's it like to have another mans cock in and around your mouth?

Kek

7/10 brunette. Tight pussy

2x2500kw shaft driven alternators (1 per main engine)
2x750kw stand alone diesels. We use the main engine alternators to run the self unloading gear. We can discharge over 5000mt of cargo per hour.

Not right now. I could swim to shore.

650kw*

Couldn't tell ya. No homo

Nowadays a marine academy is best bet. Sail as cadet while taking courses. I'm semi-oldfag so I came up through the unlicensed ranks. That's hard to do today with new regulations. Google STCW requirements.

how long would it take for you to kill yourself on periscope? the app, I mean, not the actual periscope

I have no idea what that is

Here's a pic from just outside my cabin taken yesterday.

Thank you!

What do the alternators use as torque/speed control?

Also, loving that coldwar relay logics board holy shit.

>Electrical/Electronic Engineer here

>engine room on stand by
>transiting the canal

Pick one.

Source: 7 years of sea service