Are pc music/Sophie the saviors of music????

Are pc music/Sophie the saviors of music????
Not even grimes can make pop like Sophie

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=fn7NT1dbem4
soundcloud.com/dvnots-backup/sophie-give-me-your-love-live-at-the-echoplex
m.youtube.com/watch?v=DRSRpXPZVdM
m.youtube.com/watch?v=PJ_GIRTTRaA
m.youtube.com/watch?v=LA37DbXmx9E
youtube.com/watch?v=4j7Umwfx60Q
m.soundcloud.com/paslamsystem/city-lights-feat-evo-jinmenusagi-pas-lam-system-remix
m.soundcloud.com/the_sub_account/poppin-bubbles-the-sub-account-flip-from-aikatsustars?in=the_sub_account/sets/the-sub-account-ep-a
m.youtube.com/watch?v=dvA1AHKXUfY
youtu.be/bwmSjveL3Lc
youtu.be/QslJYDX3o8s
youtu.be/ePpPVE-GGJw
youtube.com/watch?v=VXooNwblwY0
youtube.com/watch?v=_Fwf45pIAtM
youtube.com/watch?v=fMA_fyqPeEg
youtube.com/watch?v=l1hxg1rY17I
youtube.com/watch?v=0QunjhN6wTM
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

i think so user
beautiful music

idk if this guy is related but he sounds the same
youtube.com/watch?v=fn7NT1dbem4

Danny is on PC Music, ya goob

it's not 2014 anymore you poser

PC music is great and so is Sophie. i kinda get the feeling they are not on top of their game anymore tho. the second PC music compilation wasn't as good as the first one and they are bit more hit-or-miss now.

i just want sophie to become a full-time producer. his work for charli was excellent and the best bubblegum bass thing in a long time imo. his production for other artists was neat as well.

I love Sophie too, but I'm kind of curious if he's going to change up his style (though he kind of already did with that unreleased track "Give Me Your Love")

KPOP producers are light-years ahead
I'm light-years ahead

sophie is not only dreadfully overrated but also not even really pc music. staggeringly inferior to ag cook, gfoty, easyfun, kane west, perhaps more even

Yeah, AG is way better than Sophie in my opinion. I guess because he doesn't take himself too seriously.

i think i'm not familiar with that one. where can i check it out?

well, he also did change with L.O.V.E. but god i would rather he doesn't change if that is what he has in mind.

but i got a lot of faith in him, he seems like one of the most talented of the bunch. his Nothing More to Say / Eeehhh single was pre-bubblegum bass and is still a pretty neat house-ish release

his live at the boiler room set is easily the essential bubblegum bass work for me, i've heard it so many times

what is some k-pop with stellar production? i already like some stuff but i'm more than open to new things

soundcloud.com/dvnots-backup/sophie-give-me-your-love-live-at-the-echoplex

I fuckin love PC Music and SOPHIE. The Vroom Vroom EP was so good but that latest Charli track is horrible. Really hope SOPHIE doesn't water down his sound.

post some next level music then

>0 results for this image

who?

after the afterparty? yeah, that sucked. such a letdown after a killer ep like vroom vroom.

i think sophie wasn't that involved in that one, so i wouldn't worry yet.

this is interesting, would like to hear a proper studio version. thanks

Eh, After the Afterparty was alright, very underwhelming though.
Also, am I the only who didn't really care for Danny's remix either?

There's a P.C Music Vol. 2?

Not him but the only kpop songs I've heard with really good production is this 4minute song
m.youtube.com/watch?v=DRSRpXPZVdM

And this
m.youtube.com/watch?v=PJ_GIRTTRaA

Which samples Starry Sky by Capsule who I'm sure influenced PC Music in more ways than one.
m.youtube.com/watch?v=LA37DbXmx9E

>am I the only who didn't really care for Danny's remix either?

i haven't even listened to it yet, so you are definitely not the only one

the bubblegum bass remixes are very hit or miss for me

>There's a P.C Music Vol. 2?
yeah man. though i've said i didn't like it as much as the first one, it still has some banging tunes, get it.

i'm gonna check those k-pop tracks, thanks. what do you think about f(x) tho? have you heard them? i really like the instrumentals they have, in particular on their album 4 walls, but in others as well. good production imo.

youtube.com/watch?v=4j7Umwfx60Q

like this one has some deep house and garage things going on, but in other tracks they are on a totally different thing.

and yeah, capsule definitely has to be an influence. basically anything Nakata produced, honestly. a lot of it seems to follow his hyperactive and colorful style. back in 2014 there were reports of sophie working with kyary, which would basically confirm it

>it's a "Sup Forums drones pretend to like PC" thread
stick to your death grip, you useless bandwagoning shits

wow it's like 2011 again

death grips and pc music are surprisingly similar

I don't really listen to kpop I have jps account so occasionally I'll download something and listen to it passively but a lot of the super popular stuff I've heard either apes jpop or really shitty American edm.
I REALLY like this song though, I'm gonna check out the rest of their stuff now thanks for the recc.

But yeah a SOPHIE produced Kyary song has been rumoured for awhile.
I do know they've all met though cause he's a picture of Sophie, A.G and Nakata.

Kinda unrelated to P.C Music but there's a pretty big "underground" movement going on in Japan right now tons of artists are putting out noteworthy stuff, a lot of it for free even.

m.soundcloud.com/paslamsystem/city-lights-feat-evo-jinmenusagi-pas-lam-system-remix

m.soundcloud.com/the_sub_account/poppin-bubbles-the-sub-account-flip-from-aikatsustars?in=the_sub_account/sets/the-sub-account-ep-a

m.youtube.com/watch?v=dvA1AHKXUfY

i'm seriously confused as to why you consistently say this EXACT same thing any time pc music is brought up on this board? are you autistic?

youtu.be/bwmSjveL3Lc
youtu.be/QslJYDX3o8s
youtu.be/ePpPVE-GGJw

Why the fuck did PC music add Felicta? They sound nothing like the rest of the label and are really fucking bad.

>that first vid
literal sandnigger music
not saying arap shit isn't next level btw

youtube.com/watch?v=VXooNwblwY0
youtube.com/watch?v=_Fwf45pIAtM
youtube.com/watch?v=fMA_fyqPeEg

That TWICE song is crazy.
Russian Roulette is pretty derivative though.

easyFun best pc artist

For some odd reason, I hate it immensely. Ideologically it's everything that I'm against.

How so?

it's too hedonistic for me, but there's another reason why i hate it. it's obvious that it's "ironic" or some shit, but even then SOPHIE had one of their songs in a McDonalds ad, and Danny L Harle worked with Carly Rae Jepsen.

To me it seems like the next stage in manufactured pop through the means of viral marketing. That's probably obvious though, and I'm probably not the first person to say it

idiot

pc music is easily better than blackpink and that isn't even red velvet's best song

you don't know what you're talking about

it took you that long?

Even though Sophie isn't on PC Music, I do get what you're saying. Also, let's not forget that Sophie worked with Madonna (Bitch, I'm Madonna) and Charli XCX

>Not even grimes can make pop like Sophie
Except Grimes can do better

yeah, i felt like including Sophie mainly because of the conceptual similarities

The thing is that I like PC Music a lot, but there are times where I'm really not sure what the hell they're trying to do message wise. Are they trying to be pop with a quirky edge or just satire?

i think very very very has more pc music influence than those

youtube.com/watch?v=l1hxg1rY17I

I feel like with SOPHIE, it's trying to give a message due to the surreal nature of some of the songs (Hard, Msmsmsm), but it's not upfront enough, which causes people to like the style of what is made, rather than the meaning of it.

then again it could all just be literal pop, which is probably likely

yeah f(x) are pretty good, check out the 4 walls album, imo it's their best. there are some good k-pop acts imo, but i have to explore it more thoroughly.

that chemico song is pretty good, gonna hear the others now. j-pop is great, i don't get why we don't have generals about it.

and a sophie/nakata/kyary collab would be fucking amazing. although as time goes by, my faith in something actually coming out vanishes. the rumors are from 2 years ago, going to 3 now.

i don't think anyone is pretending. the enthusiasm is pretty legit.

a bit of this, a bit of that. a lot is clearly satire, taking certain elements and exaggerating them. like gfoty's friday night, for instance.

i think that it's never 100% satire or 100% serious; that it's a weird mix in which you sometimes get something that may be trying to mock some cultural thing and in the next one fully embracing it. i like that, they can easily move from a legit song about, i dunno, love, to then getting really cheesy and it makes you wonder "is this serious?"

why would a group need 11 girls

Trips

that is not Hannah Diamond

>hedonistic
dude, listen to the lyrics. It isn't hedonistic at all.

Sometimes it feels like
You're simply looking right through me
Do you think that's just the way it is?
I'll never know
Baby, I wish that
We could just meet at a party
I think we could have great chemistry
If you notice me
I can imagine
You looking deep into my eyes
I know that you're on the other side
And now I'm dreaming
Tell me you know me
And that you miss me already
Baby, are you with me, is it real?
I don't know

[Chorus]
I don't want to be alone in my bedroom
Writing messages you won't read
On the internet
Waiting to say
"Hi"

[Verse 2]
So I see you looking right at me
Do I look like someone that you know?
I'll never know
Feels like I know you
But all I have is your picture
But I think that you look pretty good
You know you do
Feels like I miss you
But is it really the real you?
You say you're as real as it gets
What do you mean?
Tell me a secret
Or something that only you know
I just need to know a little more
About you

[Chorus]
On the internet
Waiting to say
"Hi"

[Bridge]
Wishing, watching, waiting, for you
Wishing, watching, waiting, Hi

[Chorus]
On the internet
Wasting time

On the internet
Waiting to say

[Outro (spoken)]
"Hi! Oh my god, it's so good to see you!"

youtube.com/watch?v=0QunjhN6wTM

IN THE BATHROOM SUCKING DICK

I think Hannah's lyrics are sincere but her whole aesthetic is ironic early 00's pop star.
Now how ironic it is I don't know cause someone her age was obviously around and influenced by that era of music, I do believe A.G. And her once discussed it but I could be thinking of QT.

Her aesthetic is early 2000s, but she discusses modern issues.