To the guy who keeps posting this album everyday, what's your endgame...

To the guy who keeps posting this album everyday, what's your endgame? Do you want the kids here to meme great albums instead of tired old memes like Spiderland and Loveless?

youtube.com/watch?v=7kYaEN06UYM

SUCK MY ROMAN PLOWS

Drive Like Jehu has been posted here frequently for years. Also, get your head out of your ass and admit Spiderland is a fantastic album.

this

I give Spiderland 4 stars, Loveless 4 stars, Yank Crime 4.5. There are no real 5 star albums. Every album has one song thats filler or goes on for too long or has a weak/bad lyric.

>Spiderland 4 stars, Loveless 4 stars, Yank Crime 4.5
shit taste

I guess you're gonna say For Dinner... is the weak part?

If you like Drive Like Jehu but don't like Slint, you're trying too hard to set yourself apart from Sup Forums. They're both great bands. Lighten up a little, it's not a contest. Also stop posting this fucking meme, we all know it's you.

>I give Spiderland 4 stars, Loveless 4 stars, Yank Crime 4.5

foam towels! foam towels! foam towels!

>implying you're not that guy
Nice try though

who's new here? this is all new to me!

can't i genuinely just prefer drive like jehu to slint tho? i mean they're not that similar...

Yes, but that's not the same thing as calling Spiderland a "tired all meme"

*tired old meme

spiderland isn't a tired meme imo, just an album that gets a little too much praise for what it is.

i mean, post-rock didn't depend on it in anyway. if anything, math rock did, and that's a complete blip on the radar of music

>just an album that gets a little too much praise for what it is.
I implore you to tell me "what it is" and how much praise it should get without being vague

it's the first of its kind, sure. but they lyrics are sophomoric and the music itself fails to fit any discernible mood of half the tracks, other than 'i'm so anxious and sad.' it's a good post-hardcore album verging on a great post-rock album. but it's a victim of its time in some ways and a victim of its creators not realizing the extent of what they were touching on in other ways.

>music itself fails to fit any discernible mood of half the tracks
What?

give me 4 adjectives you'd use to explain all the tracks on spiderland

What? How do you explain something with an adjective?

>waffle
>belgian

Is "Belgian" an explanation? By the way, I still don't understand how a piece of music could not fit its own mood.

spiderland barely has a mood other than 'hey guys, i'm alienated. here's some cool time signatures.'

So how does the music not fit that?

Are you aware that you could reduce any album to a retarded oversimplification like that, and that it doesn't qualify as meaningful criticism?

my criticism is that it's not as important to the evolution of music as people think it is. i've already said that it's one of the first of its kind and fairly original. that doesn't make it as great as it's purported to be

Again, that's not a criticism of the album, but the context surrounding it (and for what it's worth your criticism of that isn't particularly meaningful either). You've provided zero meaningful analysis of the album itself, "fairly original" is about as vague as it gets.

bruh i'm not going to type 8 paragraphs to describe why i don't find it to be a le 10/10 BNM. if you want to tell me why it's so great, i'll read it. but otherwise, it's just another 90s crywank with some astute post-hardcore influence accidentally verging on post rock

Thought so

k

i prefer hotsnakes tbqhfam

More like Drive Like Who?