Hey guys... im trying to buy a new pedal for my guitar... im playing punk rock, skate punk... like blink 182, NOFX...

hey guys... im trying to buy a new pedal for my guitar... im playing punk rock, skate punk... like blink 182, NOFX. is this a good pedal? if its not... which one should I buy?

Better than the Metal Zone pedal.

everything is better than the metal zone... that thing is horrible!

what amp are you using? The early blink stuff was a Mesa Boogie and a JCM900 Marshall mixed together, but literally if you used a high gain and maybe a compressor you might be able to achieve the tone with ease. Skate punk is usually middle to high gain, a little more mids and treble, just try fucking about with the knobs before you invest in a pedal

I do not have an amazing amp... Im using a peavey vypyr 75w... but just for practicing. when we play in a bar or something, we use their amps.

I have the money to buy a pedal

You should buy lessons

Save your money and get a tube amp. Your amp is shit and is going to sound worse with a shitty Boss pedal.

Buy an overdrive pedal, like the Boss OD-ix overdrive pedal. It'll boost the tone you already get, and you can also use it as a distortion pedal as well.

Boss is always a horrible choice imo. Go with the Ibanez Tube Screamer. It's kind of a standard.

this nigga got the right idea

Buy a Traynor. They are reasonably priced and sound pretty good.

The vypyr isn't a bad amp.
You do not need a distortion pedal, this amp has a load of them built into it.

Don't turn the drive up all the way like a pleb though. Your distortions still needs to sound clear.

It's a shitty amp for shitty people. Tube with pedals is the only way to go.

Yeah, this. Why would you want a distortion box for an amp that I'm sure has tons of distortion presets? What are you hoping to get from this pedal that you can't get from your amp?

>im playing punk rock, skate punk... like blink 182, NOFX. is this a good pedal?
No pedals are 'good' if you're going to use them to play shit like Blink-182 and NOFX

RAT pedal

I have 7 years playing guitar and singing... now im getting into the punk thing and I just need some advices

Peavey Vypyrs are actually one of the best modellers out there, especially for distortion sounds. They have an analogue distortion, not digital.

If you can't get a good tone out the Vypyr then you are a retard.

Also:
>buying a tube amp then putting a solid state pedal infront of it for your gain sound, thus negating the point of tubes in the first place

shiggy diggy.

vox ac30 and dildo all the way

This is all me. I'm a pro touring musician who started by playing pop punk like NOFX and Blink. I know what I'm talking about.

the fact that you don't like punk rock doesn't mean that is a shit just like you

>lying on the internet

Tom DeLonge uses a Fulldrive (tube screamer copy) and a big muff pi. Both of these can be had for cheap and have a better track record than the boss

go to Sup Forums you loser, that's what the fucking board is for.

"blink 182 is punk rock"

Didn't say I was famous.

>Blink-182
>punk

Honestly, it's all a matter of tone preference. MY personal preference is anything Electroharmonix. But if you're looking for something that is really worth your money, try and get something with a 3 band EQ. BTW, the Vypyr isn't terrible, but yes get a tube amp. Get a tube amp. GET A TUBE AMP. And I'm not some expert, I'm a snobby gear head.

>TL;DR Do what sounds best to you

>the fact that you don't like punk rock doesn't mean that is a shit just like you
c-come again?

Peavey is a good amp for punk because it makes a really trebly sound
Not so good for more pop stuff that relies on thicker bassier distortions and more layered sound

>"I am a massive cunt"

Maybe you should try to play real music. Like the kind written by musicians and not by 40 year olds singing about being 14 to power chords. Talent is not about your image.

I have this one OP, it sounds very good even with lower distortion

Sid vicious would laugh in your face if he saw you call yourself punk and cite blink 182 as your inspiration.

the tube screamer is more expensive... and the vypyr is not that bad

Not OP, but I've personally found that Peavey has a really fat bottom end.

Get a fuzz and an overdrive pedal and you're golden.

I haven't used the DS-2, but I've been using a DS-1 since 1997 and I love it still. I have newer and fancier pedals for different styles, but for that old green day dookie sound the boring old boss pedals really do the trick

sorry but this thing it's horrible

Don't listen to anonymous tips online. Kids don't know what good sounds like because there's so much shit out there. For instance, you want to sound like nofx and blink 182. You wouldn't know decent music if steve vai melted your face with it.

guys... we are not talkin about if blink and NOFX are good bands or not... the thread is about which distortion pedal should I buy!

This, I have a Vypyr and the 6505 model and the Dual Rec have tons of low end.

The 12" speaker is key for this though.

Most guitarists I know tend to gravitate towards the Tube Screamer (I play bass, my distortion comes from my SansAmp).If you live near a music shop, most have no issue letting you demo pedals if you're looking to buy.

siddy the smackhead