First for Rickenbackers.

Go Gibson or go home

pls respond

Listen to my MegaDave solo covers, KU DA SAI

clyp.it/pv1lpuaz

its fine, how much are they asking for?

>Gibson
>any year ever

Any guitar will get dinged up through use/carelessness/intoxicated but bass wood might get it the worst. Finish will be damaged regardless of how strong the wood is, paint still comes off metal.

In short, it'll be obvious either way.

As far as tonewood, I believe it is a meme. Pickups and player affect a guitars sound more than anything. I believe some woods might sustain better, but even then
>no proof
>will it ever be noticeable or matter?

What do you guys use for recording your playing?

I have a cheap iRig that I used with an iPhone 4, but shit is now too old and neither GarageBand or Amplitube work. I need a replacement but I'm not buying a new iphone.

Sorry but a 330 fireglo is guitar perfection

should i?

Zoom H1 for quick ideas
steinberg ur22 + rode mic for real stuff

Ew, no dude, come on.

If It's not garbage then yeah
It's nice that it doesn't have the weewoo bridge so you easily change the tuning

about 430 euro / 470 usd
seems to be '85 from the serial, vintage noiseless neck / mid and dimarzio tonezone bridge
all in all looks pretty good, just the body wood that im unsure about
oh well i don't care too much about it looking good as long as it sounds good

I have a telecaster. How much of a meme am I?

I really like the sound of a good tele

unless you're a rhythm or country lead guitarist, yes

Not particularly.

?

It's a highway1 so I think that's pretty decent

I played on a friend's country track that he was doing for his school project. Does that count?

always felt the opposite strangely enough

love the look and feel, but hate the thin tone. sounds alright when you go and see a proper band with multi-stacked amps, but at home, yuck

What good electric guitar brands aren't massive memes?

>how do people break bass strings
They don't. You should still be buying and changing strings regularly. They get grimy and dead and lose a bunch of tone

i've seen people break bass strings. it was probably due to loads of sweat when playing live though

>Humcuckers

Depends really, bass strings don't age as badly as guitar strings.

Covered in dead skin and shit sure, but some people like the dulled tone of years old ones.

g&l

>tfw triple duncan distortions are too tame for you

G&L was a meme here for a bit.

watch out guys! we have one hardcore dude here!

FL Studio or pro tools. I use FL Studio when I'm writing to change programming on the fly. Also
>record passages once
>paste them throughout song
>needs bridge
>move everything over
>add bridge
>get entire idea of how song would sound in 15 minutes
It's really streamlined my writing process from when I first used it 10 years ago, I went from having to re-record on average 3 parts every time I wanted to add a different passage, or change the length of a part, or whatever. It's something you can do in every daw, yes, but FL is designed to work around loops, it's cake. All the variations, changes, whatever to make a repeated passage different from the last figures itself out through improv and ear, but I can have song structure for a 10 minute song worked out in well under an hour. If I didn't use FL I couldn't pull that off, and most of my time would be spent chopping things up and re-recording the same parts over and over, it's tedious.

But, if you're going for something that doesn't involve programming midi then pro tools all the way. You can edit things on the fly and completely twist the original recording without altering the file at all. My favorite thing, if you're recording somebody that likes effects on their vocals or di whatever, you can record wet and get a dry take, they're not part of the recording. In FL I have to record the input on 2 tracks, 1 with effects and monitoring on, one dry with monitoring off. In pro tools you can record 80 punch ins on a single track, in FL it'll show up as 80 different samples you have to manually move to the same track.

Also, pro tools allows for tempo and meter changes, in FL you're stuck. The work around is making oddly shaped loops, but if you're doing odd time to the 8ths you have to work in double time or use 2 tracks.

Post too long

just picked up this 12 string guitar

what songs should i learn?

But say you want to change a kick drum pattern that's midi, in pro tools you have to manually move each note, in FL you just have to adjust the patterns you want to change.

What I generally do is program midi in FL then export to pro tools for the finished product. For tempo and meter changes I'll just change tempo and meter manually in FL when I'm writing that part, then make the changes in pro tools.

Tl;Dr I use rap meme and dinosaur meme

Stairway to heaven has a famous 12 string part, it's just chords but

SOON.jpg

Congrats on becoming a living meme user

>not having a detachable head stock for easy transport to the garbage
Shitenbacher is struggling to keep up with jipson

When are the 4 chins going to add post editing to complement their user names

I've broken a few, always at the bridge, and always flatwounds. Never broken a roundwound no matter how hard I've played.

Speaking of ugly..
But according to te Bare Knuckle website they can take on anything from jazz to death metal.
Has anyone tried them? Am I getting meme'd?

This is more of a general Sup Forums question probably, but jazz players, what are some good jazz albums that feature guitar. I'm finally starting to appreciate it and most of the stuff I'm coming across only features brass, woodwinds, piano and bass.

I've been playing for 2 years now and for the past couple of months I've felt like cant get enough power out of my wrist to pick anymore
Should I take some time off or something?

Django Reinhardt's stuff

That sounds great, but I only own a shitty Asus netbook, I doubt I can even capture anything with it.

>tfw dunno what to practice

Guitar.

Bass unless you're a faggot.

Paul Gilbert tunes

leaving the house

just do
>rote memorization of scales
>chords on 6th, 5th, 4th and all variations
>progressions, riffs, licks
>improvisation

Turn all processing options down and you might be able to run FL with no 3rd party plugins, I used to run it on a toaster with latency issues(might have been my shitty interface) with program monotoring. You can use 3rd party effects, they might cause overload but that won't affect an exported track at all, just playback in the program. Recording with it is pretty solid.

Good call, I forgot about him. Listening now, I like this more than the other stuff I was listening too. Coltrane, davis, the list goes on.

ty

we F O L K now

6 up 5 down

best thrash eq settings?

what does that mean?

Just put everything up to 10.

That's actually good advice. I left the house yesterday to take my guitar to get a setup and had to suppress tears and the urge to scream the whole time

Not 11?
Fucking poser

you really need some friends user. Try joining a band. Doing what you love, right? (I assume you like playing guitar)

>mfw all my friend only play vidya

>mfw all my friends 'play' guitar by only practising twice a year, but still insist we should start a band

starting a band is a great motivation to practice regularly, as long as you take it seriously

i started a band 3 years ago with a dude who could barely play the guitar, and now he writes songs and plays solos

Thanks for the motivation but I've tried with them in the past and it hasn't worked out, I'll stick to people that are a little more committed

All my band "ventures" with friends have failed, getting everyone to a practice room and paying for it every week is harder than it seems. Everybody needs to be totally committed

Getting and preparing for gigs asap is good motivation though

Wish you were here
Under the milky way

>tfw my friends are all great at their instruments and i suck at guitar but im the one who wants to form a band

>Friends dont like music and the local musicians youve met are all terrible people

One time I caught this guy I met up to play with stealing a pack of strings I had in my case.

Play rhythm and find a lead? An old frontman of mine could only play about 6 chords.

what's a good Swift song to learn for a girl?

I ask because she's a Swift fan

6 poppin 5 droppin

If you folk throw it up

enough for most famous rock bands

I would suggest finding another girl

I'm posting on Sup Forums. They don't exactly come knocking on my door.

I can be your gf user.

This, she's obviously too patrician for user

Still, I found a qt that listens to Oathbreaker, it can be done

i can do that, but its not something much for my friends to rally around

Does anyone think that this thread would benefit from some kind of meet up thing? There's obviously people here that don't know other musicians. Especially the new players I think would benefit from it. I know must of us are jaded assholes

>tfw friend decides were just going to jam out of nowhere
>tfw get excited because I've been wanting to start a band forever
>He's GOAT tier and can even improv
>Literally every note I played came out like shit and we stopped tfw I fucking blew it

Nice try FBI

Pretty much, everything he wrote was just a variation of C Am D G

I love the guy but I think he modeled himself on Noel Gallagher a bit too much

are we going to kiss and stuff?

no mids

improv is really a skill you should practice from the very first scale you learn

i still dont get it senpai

Any suggestions for a bass that plays good mid tones?

I suggest Whack It
She's sure to love it

youtube.com/watch?v=v47iZH7De-I

kek

any serious answers though? If not, I'll just play Nirvana because I know she likes them too. And like, she actually likes them, not just normie shit.

>she actually likes them, not just normie shit.
>Nirvana

Daily reminder that a epiphone LP100 with dimarzios is better than a Gibson.

Man, she really sounded different back then

Play about a girl, then slip her the benis

when there's a wonderwall there's a way

t. man who owns an LP100 with dimarzios

most normies only know Smells Like Teen Spirit, but yeah, it is a normie band

>being over the age of 12
>still liking les pauls

Hit her with something she doesn't know

youtube.com/watch?v=TKv9khk-HmU

Safe & Sound

Easy fingerpicking and singing that sounds good, also it's gay folk/pop instead of just gay regular pop so it's slightly better

what do you play and what does he play user? couldnt you just follow behind?

Who here is a rebel and doesn't adjust your string action to match your fretboard radius?