Favorite Death Meal Records

Alrite boys the other day some chill user asked
Sup Forums to post their favorite thrash album and it was a successful thread. How bout we post our favorite death metal albums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=79J8q0YsYTQ
youtube.com/watch?v=9KBFWkhdSUo
youtu.be/2tRSBNOddbs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I'm going to catch flak for not posting Winds of Creation, but as much as I love that album, I strongly prefer this. Has a more experimental sound to it, along with Organic Hallucinosis.

Pierced From Within
Altars of Madness
Death Magnetic

also
>Impetigo
>death metal

>Impetigo
>Not Death Meal
I kinda agreed they are more like Death/Grindcore but still Horrors of the Zombies is a OSDM classic

Do you prefer the first raw, badly produced wave of death metal (possessed, obituary, first death/carcass etc.) or the one with good sounds, production, master (swedish death metal, latest death/carcass)?

I can't pick bro both are good to me but metal in my point of view has always been more about the attitude than the technical aspect maybe when I was younger I prefer technicality over attitude but not anymore

OSDM (Swedish sounding) with hardcore elements
I fucking love it, AOTY honestly

Best death from 2016 so far.

I love both of those things, so this piques my interest. Gonna check it out when I get back from the brewery.

love these two desu

Most definitely
Definitely check it out it has one of the best 3 songs streaks in my opinion and also check Gatecreeper - Sonoran Depravation

goats

As far as new shit goes, I fucking loved this album.

whoops

I like this Gorguts better than Obscura.

Good Thread

Top 3
>Death - The Sound Of Perseverance
>Dissincarnate - Dreams Of The Carrion Kind
>Atheist - Unquestionable Presence

I like your taste, user.

If you don't know who this is, get the fuck off this thread.

You have nice taste as well

Ironically, this is my favorite Obituary album cover despite personally disliking the rest of their covers.

*favorite death metal album cover of all time

I can't agree more, their album covers are very meh but this one fuckin rules

Literally the best bands on this thread the majority of the other ones just sounds like fucking burping, like some shitty tech death band. (some tech death is good) Some of the other albums like this one
have really good guitar work and drumwork within the context of death metal, and then they just start burping like a bunch of fucking amateurs.

You're listening to death metal you fucking retard. Complaining about "burping" is null.

Bolt Thrower's Warhammer covers are fucking awesome.

the new Gatecreeper is arguably just as good as Spinebreaker and in the same style

Old fave.

reminder that melodeath is a bad joke

Spinebreaker grabbed me at first, but then I realized I didn't like it so much. I still greatly prefer Gatecreeper's older stuff to either of these bands.

*either of these bands' full-length albums

Love me some Horrendous. Such a unique sound.

listening to death metal for the first time
I like this one the most so far. its comfy

Redbull me on Cannibal Corpse Sup Forums.

I find them enjoyable for the same reasons ska punk and radio op are enjoyable. It's mindless fun but I can't really say it's good.

youtube.com/watch?v=79J8q0YsYTQ

>In addition, though it's not a hugely important part of what makes them so good, it seems that many downplay the technical ability of Cannibal Corpse simply due to Paul Mazurkiewicz' restrained, steady style. Not only does this do Mazurkiewicz a disservice- what he lacks in flash he more than makes up in timing, intensity, and musicality- it ignores the rest of the band's abilities, with the exception of bassist Alex Webster (who absolutely deserves praise for his bass technique, but not at the expense of the rest of the band.) Not only is the guitarwork incredibly fast, technical, and dextrous even by modern extreme metal standards, but the riffcraft is organic, memorable, and exciting despite its ludicrous density. And of course, there's always the matter of the much-maligned George Fisher, who is diregarded for the same reasons the band as a whole is and in a similarly incorrect manner. Fisher's vocals are unbelievably forceful and savage, combining an older, more shouting technique with a modern sense of tone. His ability to swing from low to high without faltering is remarkable, as is his impressively clear enunciation as well as the sheer speed with which he can deliver lyrics during the music's most intense moments. He is, without a doubt, a consummate death metal vocalist.

>Take the track above as an opportunity to learn, and pay attention to the following features:

>-The perpetually shifting, evolving rhythms which reverse on themselves in a manner that's abrupt but not jarring.
>-The completely ludicrous riffing which is very clearly rooted in thrash but just as clearly death metal in nature, with a note selection that is convoluted and brutal but absolutely logical in its construction.
>-The magnificently textured bridge riff at 1:42 which does exactly the same thing that others laud Ulcerate for but is ignored because it comes from Cannibal Corpse.

Listen to The Bleeding all the way through.

You have nice taste too anons.

Also, who "Vital Remains" here?

I like Cannabis Corpse a lot more

Or you could actually just be good at death growling like any band (death, obituary, morbid angel, Blot thrower, Opeth, Gorguts, Spinebreaker, Vader, Malevolent Creation, Carcass)

+++

Played with Vital Remains a few months ago. Only song I know by name is Dechristianize but it's awesome. The vocalist jumped off the second floor balcony into the audience.

Top-shelf Dark Descent material coming through.

few albums come close

This album gets more hate than it deserves in general. Master of the Bryansk Forest is a fantastic song

I wish I could love this album as much as I did when it came out. The orchestrated parts are just cheesy to me now.

THEE WHOM GOD SHOULD HAVE NOT CREATED

PERSIANS, JEWS AND FLIES

GENOCIDE OF POPULACE
WIPING OFF THE KURDISH RACE

Fun fact it was actually supposed to be for a sepultura album

>the respective black metal/death metal threads are way better than /metal/
Feels good. One can hope it lasts.

fuck yeah

/metal/ is pure cancer. I left there around March and I'm not going back.

Absolutely. This is a great album. youtube.com/watch?v=9KBFWkhdSUo

Favorite album I've ever found so far. I never get tired of it. Just the right combination of death metal energy, intricate solos and melodies, and catchy choruses.

Glad to see some Gatecreeper fans in here. I honestly really like their sound but the full length Spinebreaker in my eyes is superior to Gatecreeper's full length overall. Both AOTY contenders and the Gatecreeper s/t demo is the mad notes especially >youtu.be/2tRSBNOddbs

Glad to see some Gatecreeper fans in here. I honestly really like their sound but the full length Spinebreaker in my eyes is superior to Gatecreeper's full length overall. Both AOTY contenders and the Gatecreeper s/t ep is the mad notes especially this
>youtu.be/2tRSBNOddbs

Fucking hell Yeah

This

Nothing needs to be said

>Death but with bad production

Besides that the production on this and Dismember are bad and ruin the music

The production on Entombed is average. What crack are you smoking?

what a poser
Death has shit-tier vocals by the way
and nothing that special about the others as well

>nothing special about gorguts or carcass
and you call him a poser?

gorguts vocals are meme-tier though

I agree with you mate. Saw them open with Lying and Weak two years ago, easily Vogg's best work.