Look at my top 100 album chart

>look at my top 100 album chart
>only like five of the albums were from the 80s

Why was the 80s such a shit decade for music?

Other urls found in this thread:

pbs.org/newshour/updates/computer-scientists-prove-80s-music-boring/
youtube.com/watch?v=8eYgGUuUdBI
youtube.com/watch?v=AwmPsGXkzAM
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

No experimentation in production. Hence most music from that decade sounds samey as shit.

your taste is shit

Your pic says it all, OP. Ronald Reagan is why the 80s was such a shit decade. Not just for music, but for literally everything.

Because an album so perfect could only be released once.

Okay, name some great artists/albums from the 80s then

I'll give you The Pixies to start off, they were pretty good and inspired a lot of the zeitgeist of the 90s.

FLEX

Back to /r/music you go

Elaborate because you seem full of shit

Thank you for picking the edgiest bullshit album from the 80s You have truly convinced everyone the greatness of the 80s

It was actually the best

Never been there.

Music wasn't bad then, theres just more good, experimental stuff coming out now because it can. Look at Music over the course of time, the more different music you can hear, means you will probably hear more good music. Hell 90% of everyone on Sup Forums right now would have probably heard a full Swans album without the internet.

I pity you for finding the decade of posturing post-punk, insipid new wave, and proto-vapor wave to be your favorite.

pbs.org/newshour/updates/computer-scientists-prove-80s-music-boring/
Ta-dah

>complains about the 80s being a bad decade for music
>mentions Pixies as a good band from the decade
No, they were exactly one of the many things wrong with the 80s.

Listen to something like Butthole Surfers, Thinking Plague, Glenn Branca, Kou Machida, Henry Flynt, or John Zorn.

the 80s had some of the best music.

youtube.com/watch?v=8eYgGUuUdBI

youtube.com/watch?v=AwmPsGXkzAM

>names shitty edgy music

this couldn't be more wrong

remember, the only music is worth of shitty avant-prog and jokey punk rock

It's because of artists like:

>Swell Maps
>Mnemonists
>Glenn Branca
>Rema-Rema
>Negativland
>The Cramps
>B.C. Gilbert & Lewis
>Killing Joke
>Einstürzende Neubauten
>Fehlfarben
>New Order
>This Heat
>Au Pairs
>Henry Flynt
>PiL
>Throbbing Gristle
>Nurse with Wound
>SPK
>Crass
>The Birthday Party
>Cocteau Twins
>Bauhaus
>The Cure
>Siouxsie and The Banshees
>Swans
>The Sisters of Mercy
>Godflesh
>Echo & The Bunnymen
>Tom Waits
>Scratch Acid
>Coil
>Diamanda Galás
>Test Dept.
>Current 93
>Hüsker Dü
>The Waterboys
>Laibach
>Sonic Youth
>Butthole Surfers
>The Mekons
>The Pogues
>The Replacements
>Dead Can Dance
>The Chameleons
>Arthur Russell
>Big Black
>The Scientists
>Beastie Boys
>Pixies
>Laughing Hyenas
>Talk Talk
>Boredoms
etc.

lol, the majority of those are fucking horrible and bland.

But I'll agree with you on Coil and Talk Talk ;)

Not one good band there

We've had a solid 15 years of 80s nostalgia now. At this point the 80s revival has lasted longer than the actual 80s itself

6/10

I fell for the bait, I shouldn't have entered this thread

Because you're stupid.

Case in point

Three-fourths those bands are just boring or derivative of previous acts, or what is most common, more focused on aesthetic/style than actual good songs.

That's why the eighties sucked so much. It was all about the image.

Please try harder by posting actual examples...a lot of them either were already relevant in earlier decades or were part of completely new musical movements

You can't be derivative of something you helped start

>The researchers relied on Billboard’s Hot-100 list

The pop music was less boring than all the crap post-punk and "art" music that was coming out.

Post-Punk: the ultimate genre that fronts so much importance without fucking saying anything.

He's an idiot, didn't you hear?

The pop music was less boring to YOU. have you ever considered maybe you just dont like post punk and similar genres?

I like punk in itself. Have you considered that maybe you like post-punk because its the popular, artistic thing to do?

Look at any chart thread. Outside of Talking Heads and Big Black and Talk Talk and Tom Waits and Sonic Youth you'll be hard-pressed to find any of those bands on anyone's chart. And all the charts have more albums from other decades.

Face it, nobody fucking likes this music but it sounds wrong to right off an entire decade. But the fact is most of this music is horrible and barely did anything new.

I enjoy it but maybe im in the minority.

Why isn't there a last.fm app that shows your scrobbles by decade anyway? Shit would actually be interesting to check out.

Die in a car fire

is that a site? How would i set that up

RYM, it compiles all the albums you rated by decade and what the average rating was

There's lots m of great 80s shit but I feel the best part about that decade was the fact that it set up and inspired music the music of the much superior 90s and 2000s.

Eg. Rap and Alternative rock

do you have to pay to do the by year thing

no

wtf how do i do it then sorry if im a retard but ive rated like 5 albums now and cant figure out how to categorize by decade

It's under your user stats, it's automatic

found it thanks

Good Alt.Rock stopped being made after 1996, with a couple of exceptions. Rap was and always will be shit.

>a last.fm app

coming soon to napster and winamp lmoa

>turned the biggest recession since the great depression into the biggest boom in American history
>BTFO the Soviets
>created millions of new jobs

Keep crying.

But neoliberals bitch about reagan all the time though.

Great fucking list

Very bad bait.

Welcome to 2016, where liberals are conservatives, conservatives are literally nazis, and your vote doesn't matter.