Ask a professional poker player anything

ask a professional poker player anything

If OP is serious, then in all honesty - what's the best way to get started going pro if you're broke?

why didn't you choose a more productive career?

Whats your preferred game?
Tips?
>iwantmoney.jpeg

do u get bitches?

What, in your opinion, is the absolute best hand in poker?

When are you going to start lying and telling everyone you make ridiculous amounts of money doing this?

i enjoyed the game when i first learned it, it gives me quite a bit of freedom. i'm also in university at the moment though, there's all kinds of possible legislation issues that might make it impossible for me to play so wanted to have a plan b

no limit holdem and pot limit omaha, mainly cash games although i play some tournaments every week as well

i dont think poker helped me with that if thats what u mean

straight flush man (unless you're playing low games)

i dont make ridic money, i make more than avg in my country (western capitalist democracy)

Biggest loss?

Do you have a gambling addiction?

As a table games dealer, every poker player I come across is a "professional." What makes you any different?

Why are you a giant cunt?

Live/Online? Stakes ? Volume? Win rate? Regulated market?

I've read that life time only 2 percent of poker players make money. How you balance debt from sponsors? Or how bad of a debt situation have you ever been in?

Or are you rich and it's a hobby?

That pic says you're not a pro. Unless that's just a showcasing shitty hand in PLO, even average regs would feel repulsed by that image. About as bad as posting an image of an autistic kid double dribbling and claiming to play for the nba. Faggot.

Anyone can google phil galfonds ama for shit worth reading. If you are disciplined and serious about trying out poker then go to 2+2 forums and search threads there.

Pic is OP being the autistic nigger he is.

I'm waiting

in a single day? ~4k usd if i remember right

if you mean games such as roulette or slots, no
i occasionally bet on sports with my friends, although im not good at it so thats the closest i guess

its been my only source of income for 6 years now, also
>i dont make ridic money, i make more than avg in my country (western capitalist democracy)

i dunno, it's mostly when i get too drunk

99% online, 100-400 hu,6m. volume differs a lot, some months i've got 100k hands, this month i've only got 15k bc it's summer and i spend a lot of time with friends. winrate this year on 6m games 3bb, hu ~15bb

i dont know what you mean by debt from sponsors, wanna elaborate? i'm not from a rich family, upper middle class

haha i just took the first pic from google images, calm down son. i agree there are some really good ama's worth reading

would you be happier if i posted this instead as (not mine originally)

In the US, in Vegas, rich fags and wealthy people play a lot of poker and lend money to the "professional" players as an investment. Like for major tournaments. That debt gets bought up and then tricky payments happen. I've heard of selling cars and even pimping girls friends. People make a lot of money, then blow it, and then borrow. I was hoping you had a horror story.

Pee in bottles much ? I know I do...

ah, nah never happened. what you mean is generally called staking in poker and i've never staked/been staked but i've heard of numerous scams etc

lol never done that but i've thought of it during tournaments

Not even HU? Fishs never wait for me when I sitout for 2min tops, started that way, now I hardly take any break at all.

How many tables do you play? What is standard session? Do you play several session a day?

forgot that i've actually sold/bought pieces from tournaments to/from friends multiple times but that's a bit different. also funny story, i was at a cousins graduation party a month ago and my uncle (wealthy CEO) talked to me about buying % of my tournament action and he was pretty excited about it so that's prob gonna happen, but apart from that, have never been involved in staking

Do you post on forums still or only discuss on skype with other regulars ? Have you ever been coached/ did coaching?

nah never had to pee that bad during hu, matches vs fishes rarely (~10%?) last more than 20min, i rarely get fishes that just keep reloading stacks

table amount varies a lot, i can focus pretty well on 10 regular 6m tables, for hu it's like max 3 matches vs fishes before i have a hard time adjusting to their leaks

sessions can be from 1h to 12h. generally i play 2-3 sessions a day and avg maybe 5h a day

i rarely post on forums although i read a lot still, mostly post on blog section or regs threads, or just troll in nvg or something. the monthly high stakes threads i read a lot. mainly i talk to bunch of friends on skype

i have been coached by 3 different coaches during the 6 years, never coached myself apart from irl friends when they were interested in poker