Which one will leave a better legacy?

Which one will leave a better legacy?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/PXg06uQhu8M
youtube.com/watch?v=5tCMI0uKbBE
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

TPAB because Kendrick isn't as fucked in the head as kanye is

Dark Fantasy without a doubt.
I still hear songs like Power, Runaway, and Monster being played at parties, on the radio, and by DJs. TBAP has pretty much died out already in terms of being in the mainstream/pop culture.

TPAB because it's a more consistent, cohesive, better album.

>frat party playlists
>legacy

Pick one

tpab aint party music

mbdtf because kanye is more of a star personality than kendrick is
that certainly includes being fucked in the head

that was never the reason why anything became a classic

well that's just not true. I'll throw higher political and social relevance at you too though to appease you

Neither of those things mean anything

none of them

rap is garbage for plebs and children

youtu.be/PXg06uQhu8M

TPAB because everyone will always think that Kanye is a bit of a conceited asshole. Also, I feel like TPAB took a lot more strides musically and lyrically than MBDTF.

the right meme

what the hell do you propose does then?
>being this closed-minded

Guess it depends on what kind of legacy we're talking about here then: Mainstream, worldwide, real life legacy VS internet/Sup Forums legacy.

rap is objectively garbage

MBDTF because the WE WUZ KANGS of TPAB will eventually become outdated

Hey bruh nice meemee

how embarrassing

t. ignorant moron that thinks all rap is nigger rap

same to you :^)

gkmc

hey "bruh" i just found this picture of u

both are real comfy

can't even post correctly

for you

all rap is nigger rap, end of story. sorry.

same to you.

see

>garbage for plebs and children
surefire way for something to end up as a popular music staple, youth culture has always been the most important to its canon
see: the fuckin' beatles

popularity means nothing

popularity is the only thing that means anything

absolute pleb.

I'm sure Justin Bieber and Katy Perry are some of the greatsest artists of all time in your book.

fucking kill yourself

not "greatest", but "relevant", definitely. "legacy" doesn't mean much more if we're being honest

Kanye produced his own shit, enough said.

shame he also rapped on it

>Kanye produced his own shit
HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

>fleet foxes and fuck
Zozzle

worst post i've seen all week

Pimp a Butterfly aged like Milk already like nearly all political music. MBDTF is still great.

>He doesn't still turn up to GPCR songs
youtube.com/watch?v=5tCMI0uKbBE

it's the only thing that's really tangible, at the very least

In an objective sense you are absolutely right. In the context of this thread, you are absolutely right.

>two incredible albums in OP's pic
>thread is fucking terrible
C'mon, guys. Get it together.

Does anyone still listen to TPAB?

Enjoy you fuckin idiot

Musically - MBDTF

Culturally - TPAB

TPAB, considering how mediocre MBDFT is.

Fantano, go do that fucking Autechre review already.

Panning My Beautiful Dark Twisted Celebrity Features was his best moment as a critic.

TPAB is the better rap album.

MBDTF is the better pop album.

They will both leave a great legacy in their respective genres.

>Not enjoying Blacker the Berry/King Kunta/Wesley's Theory or These Walls

There's legitimately great songs on the album. Even if you ignore the cultural/political stance.

It was literally his own version of "The fact that so many books still name the Beatles as "the greatest or most significant or most influential" rock band ever only tells you how far rock music still is from becoming a serious art. Jazz critics have long recognized that the greatest jazz musicians of all times are Duke Ellington and John Coltrane, who were not the most famous or richest or best sellers of their times, let alone of all times. Classical critics rank the highly controversial Beethoven over classical musicians who were highly popular in courts around Europe. Rock critics are still blinded by commercial success. The Beatles sold more than anyone else (not true, by the way), therefore they must have been the greatest. Jazz critics grow up listening to a lot of jazz music of the past, classical critics grow up listening to a lot of classical music of the past. Rock critics are often totally ignorant of the rock music of the past, they barely know the best sellers. No wonder they will think that the Beatles did anything worthy of being saved." Copypasta.

Nothing more.

This. It was undoubtably the biggest album of 2015, but do people still talk about it? I feel like the hype surrounding TPAB completely died once all the AOTY lists came out this time last year.

People still talk about MBDTF constantly. It is such a divisive album. Any body who thinks TPAB will leave bigger legacy weren't old enough to appreciate what the years following MBDTF were like, especially on this board.

therefore kanye is more likely because the production is more interesting and memorable.

I like Good Kid, M.A.A.D City way more.

More like shallow,fickle bound 2 fade """legacy""" vs remembered and discussed by people who actually care about music legacy

shut up kid

TPAB was so conceptually weak and badly written that everything that could be said about it was said within the first few weeks of it coming out. It really wanted to be deep and intellectual but got nowhere near, even Eminem has written deeper stuff.

Because there isn't much to say, Kendrick isn't a very controversial artist. After a couple of days people go tired of "This album is amazing" - "I agree". TPAB has already become very influential, and while I don't think it will ever beat MBDTF in terms of influence, I do think it will always be relevant as the magnum opus of 10's hip hop.

Nope

you're objectively wrong

>tfw of all the great music of this era it's this shit that will be remembered

/thread

Regardless of how you feel about either album, I think TPAB will have more of a legacy.

TPAB is a snapshot of black culture and how black people in America were thinking in the 2010s. The way I think of it, TPAB is the album that will be playing in all the movies about the 2010s when there's black characters involved.

MBDTF is pretty much a vanity project. All it reflects is how Kanye West was feeling in 2010.

This is a good analysis

Literally this haha

member when we had good music?
member the 80s?

In contrast with tpab , not at all

How can MBDTF hav a legacy when it's all just filled with old music? Unlike TPAB, it has no live music production or any significant message.

>NORMIE NIGGER MUSIC
>LEGACY

Serious question; Did anyone of you actually enjoy TPAB? It has a few cool tracks, but seriously did you enjoy the album as a whole? I have given that album so many tries since everyone says it is so great, but i just can't enjoy it. It is filled with fillers and retarded "artsy" parts that just sounds like shit. I loved GKMC, but TPAB is just not good at all in my ears. a 6/10 tops.

it's decent. goes on a bit too long tho

I really wanted to like it and I'm going to give it some more tries, but damn it's long and there are too many dumb sections with talking and shouting in tha streetz

>"of this era"
>calling me a wrong generationer

I enjoy it a lot. I still listen to it once every few weeks, I just love it for its music. The only low point for me is For Sale, but it's short so I don't really care. The rest is really interesting and holds my attention all the way through. It and GKMC are equals in my opinion

I think considering the underwhelming effect popular mainstream rap albums have had in recent years it's safe to assume that neither will leave any legacy.

/thread

Given that the music is so much more relevant in the long term, MBDTF. TPAB has too many moments of tedium in the second half.