Holy fuck...

Holy fuck. I totally disregarded this album because of the cringe people you usually see wearing t-shirts for this band and similar bands in the genre. Holy fuck was I wrong. This is an excellent album. I thought it would be cheesy and cringe as fuck but it's just a solid hard rock album from front to back.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rWDKIhDSpkg
youtube.com/watch?v=wXlhsrIzmpo
youtube.com/watch?v=WAmuo-ZXWfM
youtube.com/watch?v=-wZoFQ6Hj_o
youtube.com/watch?v=de-xO3pUEd0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Welcome to the "I finally realize why people think they're better than Metallica overall" phase. You're 13 now. Hooray!

What do you like most about it?

You might be ready to realize Dragonforce are actually good after this.

Hardest metal known to man. This guy gets it.

I like the technicality and obviously the riffs. It's just fun to listen too and there is an energy behind it. Idk most of what I listen to is punk and hardcore variants of punk so I figured I might as well try and branch out a bit because all the metal I've listened to is stuff like Nails and some black metal (Burzum, Darkthrone, etc). My fav album of all time (even tho it's a meme) is Jane Doe by Converge, so I thought some classic metal might as well be a good place to start.

Only their first album.

And they did a good job collabing with Babymetal for Road of Resistance

>I like the technicality and obviously the riffs.
You like it for the right reasons. Don't let anyone mislead you into thinking metal is about atmosphere or aesthetic. It's always about the riffs.

K E K

Let's play: Spot The /metal/ Leakage

Stay in your containment thread cuck

riffs in themselves *constitute* the atmosphere and aesthetic, supplemented by production etc you nerd

good job buying into the false dichotomy and, what's even worse and likely probable, having your listening habits affected by that

kek
>hard rock

The most extreme, the most powerful, the most metal and definitely the hardest! Dragonforce!
Wrongo. Scientists have proven it is literally impossible to frown through this.
youtube.com/watch?v=rWDKIhDSpkg
You might like early Iron Maiden. People often comment on Dianno's vocals being "more punk sounding" than Dickinson's.
youtube.com/watch?v=wXlhsrIzmpo
I prefer the super adventurous /"epic" sound that they're most known for, but plenty like the older stuff the best. Regardless, I'd put them as the second most important metal band influence-wise, after black sabbath.
youtube.com/watch?v=WAmuo-ZXWfM
Death metal is a better place to look that black metal if you want technicality, riffs, and high energy.
This album really knocked my head off when I first heard it.
youtube.com/watch?v=-wZoFQ6Hj_o

Goat lead guitar from friedman

Despite several phoned-in albums over the years, Dave has a great melodic sensibility and is a great songwriter when he wants to be.

Listening to Phantom of the Opera right now. This is pretty great, gonna listen to rest of their first album tmrow. Thanks for the recs user

I might've primed you to be disappointed since Phantom's the best song on the album, but I hope you like it. The S/T and Killers are their first two, and they're the ones with Dianno.

>hard rock
Nigga, this is thrash at its absolute finest.

This is the greatest album in the genre, Mustaine has never written songs as good before or since, and this is Friedman at his absolute best.
Everything went right on this one, and no matter what people say, this is better than anything Metallica has ever done.

>hating on metal in a metal thread
>production being a major factor in metal development

Jane Doe is a great album.

Check dis shit out:
At the Gates - Slaughter of the Soul
Children of Bodom - Follow the Reaper
Funeral Chic - Hatred Swarm
Melechesh - Sphynx
Archgoat - Angelcunt: Tales of Desecration

>hard rock
>le cringe
also headbangers are probably the least "cringe" of any metal subculture. they're sincere and unpretentious. they don't give a shit if you don't like the shirt they're wearing.

>I totally disregarded this album because of the cringe people you usually see wearing t-shirts for this band and similar bands in the genre
did you also avoid listening to Shoegaze, Post-Punk and Experimental Rock for the same reasons? lmao

Don't forget the lyrics, especially in the first song - Holy Wars... The Punishment Due. There are memorable solos and riffs and the lyrics are definitely up to par.

>metal
>/metal/

Loving every single laugh. Go ahead, son. Forge your way into the cancerhole. Let me know how it goes. I'll be boning your mom in the meantime.

>I totally disregarded this album because of the cringe people you usually see wearing t-shirts for this band and similar bands

Holy fuck you insecure faggot

vocals still blow tho

i prefer peace sells cuz they're less cringe on that

It's funny how thrash is now "hard rock" kek

>no matter what people say, this is better than anything Metallica has ever done

Keep telling yourself that

Yeah, funny how putting things in boxes ultimately puts yourself in box
Observe the following "trash" classic.
youtube.com/watch?v=de-xO3pUEd0

>hard rock
It's good that you liked it though, because it's a great album.

Not a big fan of thrash but it's a good album even if you're not a metal fan.

Daily reminder Marty Friedman now makes music for idols and has been wanting to collaborate with Babymetal for years.

Living the life

Truly

Btw this is his guitarist in his band who is also the lead guitarist for Babymetal :^)

>Listening to metal
>Not being in middleschool

The cringy vocals ruin everything